Triple name anomaly in Lore and visual data - Father Nilsson

Has anybody ever noticed that there is something strange going on with the name of Veronika’s father.
If we check out the BIO of Veronika we learn that her dad’s name is Alfred Nilsson

But in the mission “Beyond the Barricade” at Stenungnäs we find a note that indicates her dad’s name is Inger Nilsson.

• Inger Nilsson’s note to his daughter
    “My dear little Veronika,
    They’re here. The Army. They want us to surrender peacefully and open the barricade. We’re in danger if we don’t go to the bunker, they say. [Why did Hesa Fredrik sound anyway? Is it the Russians? Your mom and I don’t know what to believe anymore…] But we trust you, honey. Hope this will all blow over soon.
    X, Dad”

In the mission "The Girl Who Cried Wolf " were we find a message on a answering machine in a house on Adavägen 2, indicating that this is the address of Veronika’s parents. There’s also evidence of Veronika crashing on the couch here.

• Veronika’s message to her parents
    “Mom, Dad! It’s Veronika. Look, I don’t want to freak you out, but I think I might be in danger. Whatever you do, stay away from my house? It’s not safe. Trust me on this, okay? Maybe you guys should go to Uncle Tobbe at Stenungsnäs – no, wait, I’ll come over and explain everything. I’ll leave from work now. Oh, and I’ll need to crash at your place tonight. [hanging up abruptly.”

However, the name on the mailbox on Adavägen 2 says Carlberg, not Nilsson. :thinking:

So what the deal here?
Am I correct in my assumptions?

Btw, this is a minor issue, but I am just curious.

Fredrik Gustav Holberg has something similar with his name. If we look at all NPCs in the Bio tab, they all have the correct initial after their names, except for Holberg. His folder shows “Holberg, J”, while it should be “Holberg, F”.

As far as Holberg’s files go, remember that he’s been the subject of some journalist’s digging, so the government took some precautions to try and make things more difficult for her. That MAY be an explanation for at least some discrepancies in regards to him.

In the case of Veronika’s father, however, it’s probably a matter of missed/forgotten/overlooked details from one dev, or multiple devs. If one dev was responsible for one entry, and a different dev was responsible for a different entry, they may not have exchanged/shared information well enough, so they could easily end up with different names getting tossed around. Or if it was just one dev, they could still have forgotten and gone with a different name when it came time to write the next bit of lore, etc. Likewise, making a unique mailbox might not have been considered any sort of priority at all. Some of that stuff should be easy fixes, depending on how the game files are.

Some games are extremely modular, very well compartmentalized, such that finding the right file to make tiny changes is extremely easy, and that such changes have practically zero chance of causing problems elsewhere. Not every game is so neat and clean on the back end as that, though. Some are extremely rough and messy, not friendly at all for small changes, not nearly as modular or well compartmentalized.

STALKER, for instance. For all the mess those games were, they were stupid easy for modders to work with. You could find a text file for some piece of lore, rewrite it, no problem…find the file that defines what the traders have, play with entries, add items, remove items, change prices, exchange rates, simple…find the weapon files, adjust individual weapons differently, all easy to do with a working brain. GZ, well, I have no clue whatsoever what the back end of it looks like that. I have to assume it is a huge mess, comparatively speaking—all the way, everything about it. Otherwise I’d think so many fixes and adjustments would be so much easier, quicker to do, we wouldn’t have so many issues still… But, never seen it, I got no idea. Not saying I could’ve done a better job, either. I’m no programmer. I don’t know JACK. And I don’t have the money to hire JACK, either.