Tylöveden Control Point, icon missing

i can’t destroy that base Tyloveden i get to the spawn generator after destroying the whole base but the spawn generator is immune to damage still . no hand notification or message to say new mission either cheers
I’m on Xbox just playing alone

You get refunded materials when you abandon a control point

yeah I destroyed every structure , shield and all enemies then went at the main red spawn generator give it a serve with RPG , about 30 , nothing happened except a bit of huff and smoke so gave up , didn’t get the prompt messages to destroy the base . I actually just found it by mistake just looking around the land,

I am sure you know this, but just in case some new people do not:

Before trying to destroy the main FNIX Command Centre, you need to destroy all the little shield generators first, by opening them and then shoot them. Only then can the main FNIX Command Centre be damaged.
The main FNIX Command Centre still has a shield, but can’t keep it up it for long without the little shield generators, so you have to wait for it to power down its shields, before you shoot it. Any explosion nearby will keep its shield up.

Just wait for the powerdown animation. When its legs are no longer red, but black, it has powered down. Now you should be able to get its health down, to the point it gets destroyed.

Just to clarify, this is a known bug for some players. It’s not that these players don’t know how the base assaults work…it’s that Tylöveden control point is broken.

I have done many successful base assaults on other control points. Tylöveden has never worked for me and the symptoms are the same as other players that are affected by this bug reports.

2 Likes

I had a level 4 FNIX Base at Tylöveden CP.

I went there today to check it out, I managed to destroy the base there without problems. So I’m not sure what the issue could be :thinking:

Same issue on PC; did you manage to solve it?

its def broken on PS4 for me. I can get the icon but not the mission notice. can not reclaim node. its a dead spot. once I relog the icon disappears as well.

i have the same issue, but on my pc steam

So the bug is not ps4 specifed

I’ve got this issue too. No control point icon and can destroy the FNIX base there except for the main antenna.

Tyloveden’s behavior is seriously random in an ugly way. Some folks have no issues, somehow…others, all kinds of issues. All seem to stem from Broken Blocks’ bad implementation… They never should have swapped the introduction/tutorial they had at Tyloveden for the new, broken one at Sjoglimten. Just too many issues it caused, that continue to linger for some folks…

1 Like

Just my words.
I really can’t understand why they moved the base building introduction from late game to early game, at least storywise.

Yes, there are base building DLCs and people who bought them should be able to use them, too.
But in my eyes that’s no reason.

Someone who wants more stuff for their bases will probably buy the DLC after unlocking the bases, No matter when this is the case.
And anyone else shouldn’t expect to be able to use it if they didn’t already have bases.

Or is the problem that the devs aren’t able to make things based on each other?

It’s like with the soviets and firebirds and some other things, which should come after doing certain missions… And not just being there. I’m sure I once made a topic or post which described possible steps of unlocking content after certain events.

1 Like

Right. There should’ve been no problem with “end-game content” being left as such.

Nothing against new people, or improved convenience, but in cases like these…sometimes, it’s just too much of a risk. A gamble. Too many ways things can just get broken, instead of working out right. Despite anyone’s best intentions, or efforts.

Coding is complex. Sometimes, if it isn’t done from the very beginning “in just the right way”…it simply isn’t modular, and that can’t be changed without a complete “from the ground up” rebuild. If team members come and go, people leave the company, new people come in…people may have different ways of doing things, may not be able to understand how the previous person did things, their predecessor may not have left good notes or explanations as comments in the files, or elsewhere…it can be incredibly difficult for someone to just show up and take over, hit the ground running, and flawlessly incorporate the new into the old. Not everybody is “The Accountant.” Most people aren’t.

In short, sometimes, it’s just better to leave well enough alone, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel…

1 Like