Unable to save Xbox series S

Hi love the game but i cant save anymore Im stuck i lose all my progresso no master what i do
Im on Xbox Series S

I’ve encountered an issue that might be similar, myself. Or it may have been something different.

In any case, a few questions;

• Do you use the console’s Sleep Mode and Quick Resume, or do you actually shut down your console and start it back up (complete off, complete on, full power cycling)?

• Before you encountered this saving issue, did the game crash—perhaps, several times over?

• If you look up in the top left corner of your screen while playing, do you ALWAYS see the flashing “auto-save/saving/loading” icon (white box or cube/diamond shaped icon)—the icon NEVER goes away, but is ALWAYS present, ALWAYS flashing, and NEVER stops and disappears?

Now, about the issue I encountered…

Some time back, I was playing GZ…and experienced a crash. I started back up, went back to playing, the game crashed again. Went through that about five times in a short span. I’m a persistent SOB, sometimes. Tenacious. Don’t know when to give up, or don’t like to give up, whichever.

Anyway, after starting the game back up one of these times I noticed that the icon up in the top left was just THERE, persistently. Constantly flashing, never going away. That icon is supposed to be related to the game’s autosave system. (I hate auto-save.) It comes up and flashes to let the player know the game is saving something, or loading something, or doing something else along those lines.

Then the game crashed again, and over the course of three attempts I was not able to get the game to work. I could start the game, go around the main menu, but upon selecting a character and world to load in, the game would NOT load in. It was in an infinite loading screen.

I shut the game off and found something else to do for a moment—I swapped games. But I encountered a problem with that game, too, when I went to save some progress on it. It wouldn’t save. And then again when I tried to load some progress, to go back. And then I shut that game off, started it back up, and found that I was unable to go beyond THAT game’s main menu, AS WELL. “Save file corrupted…”

“…what the hell did GZ do to my console?” That was the thought going through my head. Never had this sort of issue, with anything else on console. Where a crash, here, would result in systematic failure elsewhere, along and along.

Fortunately, knowing how computers and the like sometimes work, how these issues are sometimes related to memory faults, problems with cached data—temporary files, that should really be cleaned out periodically anyway—I had some idea of a solution.

Let me go back, a moment. I’m old school.

I come from a time when, using a computer, you did NOT just keep on going when your had to do an update. When you did an update, you SHUT THE COMPUTER DOWN afterwards. You restarted the machine, to finalize the changes. You also didn’t leave a computer running indefinitely. You turned it off when you were done, and turned it on when you needed it to be on. It didn’t sit there in some stupid sleep mode.

Sleep mode is a problem. A problem waiting to happen. Always was, always will be. The machine needs to shut completely down, power completely off, from time to time, in order to function correctly, in every way, shape, form, and function. Sleep mode does not do that. It prevents that. It gets in the way of the proper normal process of powering off, powering on, and the refreshing and clearing of a system’s cache.

So, I do not use, or ALLOW the use OF, a console or computer’s sleep mode or quick resume capability, under my control. I shut my machines completely off, and power them completely back up again as needed. They do not sit there, on, in some low power mode, sleep mode, or what have you, indefinitely.

And I STRONGLY SUGGEST that NOBODY ELSE EVER uses sleep mode, low power mode, quick resume, or any of that other newfangled, poorly conceived, ill-engineered, dim-witted nonsense on their devices. Go through your settings, turn those troublesome things OFF. Get used to turning the machine off and then back on again as needed, as is proper for most any tech to really function right in the long term. It MAY be EVER SO SLIGHTLY more inconvenient in the short term, but in the long term…your machine is better off, and you are better off.

Anyway, to go even further than that and ENSURE that the cache is cleared on these modern consoles, just as with the older machines, you sometimes have to completely disconnect them from the power source. Disconnect the power cable between the power supply and the console, or between the power supply and your surge protector or wall outlet (you really SHOULD have and use a good quality surge protector, for just another added layer of safety/security against electrical issues frying your stuff), etc.

So, I shut down, unplugged, and let my console sit for a few minutes. Power dissipates, cache clears. Hooked everything back up, started the console back up—…everything back to normal. At that point, I was able to get back on, start up either of the games, no problem. Saving, loading, no issues on either one.

Of course, GZ being GZ, GZ crashed soon after anyway. But it didn’t immediately go back to the infinite saving icon the next time I loaded back in. I’ve been able to play fairly regularly, as desired, since then. No further issues, beyond the normal for GZ. And now that I know GZ can cause bigger problems for the entire system, I’m more careful and attentive to what the hell the save icon is doing, and what I should do if it starts acting screwy.

Maybe some of this helps you. Maybe it doesn’t. Maybe it can help somebody else, anyway. Maybe it just sounds like the ramblings of an old man, out of touch with modern technological advancements. (‘Progress’ gone in the wrong direction, in some ways!)

By the way, I wonder if this is related to the complaints some other players have had over the years—where their save file has become corrupted, they’ve lost everything, and had to start over from scratch… A cache fault in GZ, that can extend beyond just GZ and instead interfere with the console’s own ability to do any sort of saving—memory writing—at all?

Thanks for the support they reseted my game Lost 3 years off progress but até least i can Starr over