Us weapons pack drop rate

Yeah I noticed this too. Got a couple 1c N9’s from proto hunters.

Theres something happening here…

Within the last couple of days I’ve gotten 1 4c N60 and 1 4c N16 from fnix machines(only gotten 5c before) On top of that I got another 5c N16 from a apoharvey, just like that. Not been killing apo-machines so much since Im suffering from chrashes on himfjäll. Anyone else notised any change in droprates?

This is really good news to hear, especially as they confirmed they would look into the drop rate in a later update.

Fingers crossed for confirmation from the April notes.

2 Likes

Yes. It went from essentially none at all, to getting lower levels quite often. I’ll have to hop on with my better character and play for a while to see if I can finally get something better than 3 crown in the US weapons.

Well, in the latest update (Feb 21) the devs explicitly listed “The drop rate for US Weapons Pack weapons is lower than desired, being tweaked in the future” under “Known Issues”: February 2021 Update - Patch Notes

It’s still the same. I guess it’s just some randomization effect. Got a 5* N9 myself after grinding for several 10s of hours.

I got two n9’s within 5 hours once, I scrapped one because I wouldn’t use it and proceeded to attach two 5* attachments on the other. I switched to another character to do some other stuff and when I went back to my char with the n9… it was gone. POOF! along with my 3* n60 and attachments.
devs???

Naa, not so sure. Got one more 4c N16 just now from a fnix harvey.

I think the other issue is the Loot pool is bloated, way too much stuff forced into a small amount of machines. They have to make the drop rate low or run the risk of getting a 5* every time you kill a machine

Your bang on, if you are going for a 5C weapon run ( regardless of what it is ) it’s best to stay away from Rivals as like you said the loot pool is bigger.

Ideally, if you are still to get the full set of 5C US Weapons, getting the Soviet Weapon pack would only inflate the loot pool more - and dilute your chances of what you want even further.

3 Likes

As far as i’ve seen it, getting another weapons DLC doesn’t lower your chances of getting weapons from 1st DLC.

Proof:

U.S. and Soviet weapons doesn’t replace themselves in the loot pool. You can still find both at the same time, if RNG god has given it’s blessing to you. :slight_smile:

Well I’ll have to take that Aesyle because I am of course pre drop rate change.

Good to know for the future though…

Whenever it comes

:sob:

3 Likes

I still haven´t found an N16 5*
On the other hand N9 extendend magazines 5* drop like crazy.

Remind me again what platform you are on

Not yours.
Playstation.
But thx anyway :wink:

Found mine from FNIX harv the other day.

So, it does exist. :slight_smile:

I have all 5* DLC weapons and attachments, except RPG scope. That, i have 4* highest.

But the most elusive weapon of them all, for me, is KVM 89. :unamused:
In my entire time of GZ, i’ve only found one! KVM 89 and that was 3* one, from apo hunter. (Here, i don’t count fixed spawns.) KVM 59 is also quite rare and highest i’ve found so far is 4* one.
So, yeah. I guess for every player, the are 1-2 elusive weapons/attachments in the game.

1 Like

RNG works in mysterious ways.
I thought N16 5* would only drop from Apocalypse Harvesters and not Fnix (actually got a 4* from one).
The KVM 89 5 * is indeed illusive, i only managed to get one from a relay beacon on Himfjall Island, near a broken house and not very far from a safehouse, but if that beacon is gone, so is the Tank. It took me many tries till the weapon was drooped, something between 17 and 30.
KVM 89 3* are dropped more often from Hunters but still rare.

1 Like

For both weapon DLCs, the 5* versions also drop from FNIX machines. It makes chances better for those folks who doesn’t have Alpine Unrest DLC. :slight_smile:

I also farm that apo tank and it takes a bit of finesse to kill the tank while keeping the relay beacon alive. :smiley:

There is 3* KVM 89 known spawn point in Himfjäll (+ 3* KVM 89 mag as well), so, no need to farm apo hunters to get one.

1 Like

Or for those like me that have crashes in the center of the DLC Island setting invisible boundaries that cannot be crossed :sweat_smile: .

Well it´s that exact relay beacon, if you keep farming eventually will drop either a 5* KVM 89 or the respective 5* magazine.

1 Like

I’ve been grinding since the DLC came out and I just got it Tuesday

1 Like