[Video] Generation Zero: Fresh taste of mud

Me rambling about feelings and game’s shift from my review 3 months ago with good and bad.

(If you’re a Dev reading this - Have a good day)

1 Like

Nice review. :+1:

Though, one thing to point out:
Houses are sort of “mouse traps” if you’re facing military hunters and they lob their gas grenades at the house. And machines do “enter” the houses but sadly, as part of the bug, rather than part of their actual ability to walk in from open door.
However, lately i’ve also seen that while being in the barn, with big door(s) open, machines (runners and hunters) do walk in to get to you. So, there have been improvement in that regard.

1 Like

In regard to mouse traps - I just want this to be intentional. Houses have given the players so much freedom to cheese situations. I haven’t gotten in many gas related accident, except way back in time when an actual hunter group was equipped with gas grenades. Yes, in that moment it was actually effective. The pure chance of a hunter squad with gas grenades is possibly my issue. The main point I want to get there is that no place outside of the safehouse should be safe.

I’ve also noticed barns being less protective with the damage going through and easier entry. Had runners run in. It gets a little buggy around corners for them, but I like the idea that I can’t just rely on open barns and cheeky angles to camp machines one by one. It’s become a bit popularised, maybe we can even call it ‘meta’, so when this gets removed, there needs to be increase in some other field, to balance out the loss of safe cover. Maybe traps being more effective to serve as cover for your back… That sort of thing.