Virus Update Blues

Yes we’ve been rather lucky, we closed most external airports rather early on (beginning of march i believe) and that played a major roll in diminishing the count of outbreaks.

It’s really disheartening to see that number getting close to 10,000 deaths so far… but on the bright side seeing 96k closed cases is a breath of relief. At this point it’s all about mitigating the harm done, reducing further outbreaks, and working towards a vaccine thus as we did with the last Corona virus outbreak of SARS.

It seems like everything close to central Europe and Iran got hit very bad by Corvid-19… The tool i’ve been checking on here - https://hgis.uw.edu/virus/
It’s not so good for the accurate numbers but give a good global perspective.

Yes it’s 100% confirmed at this point! :grin:
This has been a project the team has been working on since April last year, so it’s quite seasoned by now and hopefully should be a massive expansion to the game!
For a brief summary we will see the re-introduction of clothing stats, but this time we will be able to choose what stats are applied. But even more interesting is the general crafting, we could see new attachments (grips, shoulder stocks, bipod/tripod, dual clip and more as this progresses)
Speaking of videos, if you have ten minutes to spare i have a video on everything we’ve found out so far throughout the year towards crafting, plus what the general crafting bench will likely look like, plus some speculation on crafting moving forwards you can watch here if you’d like - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNO-t1IfNs4

Can’t disagree on wanting more story related elements/missions/areas, but that is the thing that requires time, the team is clearly putting together a very interconnected story, with twisting narrative and many factions at play, so it’s the kind of thing that requires time and care put into it. I hope over 2020 we’ll see the locked doors as the fine gentleman @Mr_A1992 mentioned, get opened, and those missions area expansions and more come to the game. It’s all a matter of giving the team the patience they deserve to see it come to life :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah, I still have the last two seasons of Mr Robot and season two of Altered Carbon. Btw my second monitor is on a shelf with a large Asparagus fern on the shelf above drapping over most of the screen.

1 Like

Molotovs would be great and I suppose I wouldn’t mind if you had to syphon petrol out of a car, collect bottle and rags and make them. Sort or. Or you could just find them in garages. Okay, immersion, I get the crafting for that.

A molotov should cook a Hunter, but make it crazy-mad first, tearing round blindly in circles and bellowing. That would be the most satisfying moment in the game!

2 Likes

Exactly! And c4 could be found in military crates and trucks, Maybe one day…

2 Likes

Well, I’m off for 12 minutes to watch your video! You are a busy bunny, with your videos! Well done. :clap:

If I’m not working next week, I’ll make mine - I’ve been threatening to for months.

2 Likes

…and you squinting through it. :flushed: Have a beer - it’ll all be fine!

1 Like

The Team sure has a golden opportunity to expand this game, 3 other islands to explore, locked bunkers, new missions , i think 2020 is going to be a very interesting year for Generation Zero :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Cheers my friend, honestly as the self proclaimed “most dedicated content creator of generation zero” i only find my passion for GZ growing over the past year. To an almost absurd degree :rofl:

And it’s been almost a year now :wink: but as i said in the first place, tell me when you do eventually get to it! I look forward to any perspective/entertaining content for this game, and try to support everybody that takes the time to create something based around it :smiley:

3 Likes

Good to hear from you all, guys. Had the flu/covid myself over the last two weeks. Flu or Covid, that is, as we have both in Denmark now. It was quite atypical for a normal seasonal flu, and I had all the Covid-19 symptoms save breathing difficulties, but … wouldn’t be certain without a test. I fear the “dark numbers” on infected by this disease is frighteningly higher that the official numbers world wide. Denmark is on total lockdown. The government has acted quickly when the seriousness of the situation became apparent, we closed down the borders before the other European countries, and even our Queen addressed the people on TV (which she only do New Years eve), and that hasn’t happened since WWII. Only Supermarkets and Pharmacies are open with restrictions on how many may enter. All dentists have been ordered to close down consultation for 3 months to come. And I’m on full time work from home, by the way. Everybody in Denmark who can be … is.

Well, this was an update on the virus as the topic states. So now I’ll dare to go a bit off topic and talk about GZ. Crafting sounds cool. It’ll certainly be interesting to see what the team has made out of it.

Please be careful and take good care of yourself and everybody around you. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUS! Also you young girls and boys who think you might be immortal. You might be, but your grandmother is not.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it didn’t turn into a out of hand issue for you my dude, it’s very true, Covid is a silent disease so the dark numbers can be the more serious.

It’s good to hear Denmark reacted appropriately, this isn’t the type of thing to just shrug off, and i feel the world has taken serious notice of this over the past 3 weeks. (though safe to say i miss having the opportunity to buy toilette paper in my local super market :sob: )

3 Likes

My topic! Virus and Update and Blues - all of those subjects are on-topic! :face_with_monocle:

Glad you’re over it - me too. For most of us, it’s very mild. Lauri has it as we speak, I think, and she hasn’t got the cough, but is short of breath - much more worried about her than me.

I still want the update to come, even should the world fall. We should think of it as practice…

2 Likes

… and I love your morbid humor :joy:

Well, counting all the hours I’ve clocked in, I’m pretty well prepared :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s the prequel to the zombie apocalypse.

2 Likes

I nearly said that! But imagine another one that produces the same effect in humans as rabies in dogs. Suddenly not so far-fetched! :flushed:

We live in strange times, but we live confined to our houses, and for that we need GZ updates!

Go team!

1 Like

Self-isolating is something I’ve had to participate in the past couple weeks here in the United States, and it definitely can be boring! Though it does give you plenty of time to play GZ and talk amongst everyone in the forums and the discord :smiley:

I do wonder how the development team have been handling this “global pandemic”. I hope it doesn’t push back any updates, but then again I would understand if it did :frowning_face:

What surprised me was that there wasn’t an announcement - there was no broadcast yesterday, but no reason why given. I assume they all slammed their door and ran away to the Volvos! If there’s no one to make a post here, then are they really in the office at all? If not, there’s no one there to press the upload button.

1 Like

Sweden’s also going through the Covid-19 craze. Companies are being ‘encouraged’ by the government to get people to either work from their homes, or don’t come in at all. I don’t know if that’s what happened with Avalanche, but it’s possible.

These are tense times, guys. Even if the outbreak isn’t as serious as we’re meant to believe, there’s a lot of uncertainty and unrest in the air.

2 Likes

I’m currently sitting in home isolation. Haven’t catched any illness as of yet and aren’t planning either.

Though, here in Estonia (where i live), a nation wide state of emergency was declared by the government. It spans from 12th of March til 1st of May. And that time period can be extended if need be. Also, it is the 1st time in my nation’s history (not including during soviet occupation) where a state of emergency was declared.

While there are several things that fall under the state of emergency law what can be done, the following has been done so far:

• All public gatherings were banned, including sports and cultural events. All schools and universities were also closed.
  • The set up of full border controls with health checks at every crossing and entry point. Only the following people allowed to enter the country: citizens of Estonia, permanent residents, their relatives, and transport workers carrying out freight transport.
  • Estonia’s western islands (6x in total) were closed to all but island residents.
  • Operating bans were extended to recreation and leisure establishments, ordering sports halls and clubs, gyms, pools, aqua centers, saunas, daycares, and children’s playrooms to be closed immediately.
  • Ferry service suspended on the Tallinn-Stockholm route.

Also, there is recommendation from the government where every job that can be done remotely from home (e.g teacher teaching kids via video chat) should be done. Due to that, a lot of private companies have also closed their offices and stores and sent their employees home, either to work from there or having mandatory vacation.

Currently, Estonian towns are like ghost towns. Slim to none people walking outside in the middle of the day, while there’s usually quite a lot of people outside. Only public transport and service vans/trucks are driving around.

Since i already work from home, it doesn’t hinder my life. Actually, i like staying at home since i’m not an outgoing person. And since i can order basically everything online (including groceries), i don’t have to go out to get infected.

This post was locked due to Code of Conduct violations.

Thanks,
boston_51