Walk and sprint are slower then intended by game

None of the a.i. do this in our game. They react as they should when they see us and fight accordingly.

I think, in order for the issue to be understood better you need to provide some more information.
What were you currently doing ingame when it happened? Do you have any screenshots of the characterā€™s stats or inventory when it occurred?

If you have video, try uploading it to either youtube or google dropbox. Again, the more details you can provide about it, the better.

Do you have discord? This site does not allow videos to be shared as I have them.

As far as what we were doing as we experienced them. Nothing this issue was out the gate. One time in single player. The other in multiplayer.

Both were fresh character who do not have any points in speed or stamina

You could join the Generation Zero Discord and see if you can share the file there.

Are you in that discord? Go look at bugs and crashes

Ah, I see it now, thanks. I take it neither of you guys are using any mods?

If not, Iā€™d be interested in a copy of your save file, see if I can reproduce the issue on my end.
I donā€™t normally do support, but Iā€™m interested in this issue.

We have not installed any mods. We desire. Nothing more then a game to work as intended.

As far as a save file. How would I collect that?

Generation Zeroā€™s save files are located in My Documents>Avalanche Studios>Generation Zero>Saves, and a folder with a bunch of numbers. Pack them up with a program like WinRAR or 7Zip and send it to me on Discord.

Iā€™ll see what I can do. You will have it by the afternoon.

Cheers, I hope we can get to the bottom of this. If I canā€™t find any issues Iā€™ll forward the save to the devs.

@Zesiir I prefer to send such files over discord. May I have yours?

Actually, tell you what; Iā€™m going to poke a dev about this. @SR_Carni, I summon thee.

Edit: May take some time.

Thank you. At least something proactive is being done about this

1 Like

I just have not the necessary imagination for your issueā€¦

But god bless zesiir. Thank you for picking this one up to come to a conclusion @Zesiir .

1 Like

You donā€™t have to have races to tell if another player is faster than you. If the other player is walking and you are sprinting behind them, the distance you are from them should decrease. But if the distance is increasing in the same scenario, then there is an issue.

In co-op and all players heading in the same direction, if you are behind them all, you can see the distance they are from you. Watch the distance numbers and you can tell when they stop, sprint and run due to how the distance you are from them changes, if you are moving at a stead speed.

If you are running and other players are always moving away from you faster than it could be an issue.

Is there a noticeable different when the OP walks, then sprints and then just runs?

Yes we have deciphered this. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey! Iā€™ve forwarded this to the team, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like