Was loving it, but then

I have been watching Gen Zero sit in my wishlist since the day it came to Steam. I had wanted to play it for so long. So when the sale came this year I decided that by now the game would have lots of DLC and bug fixes to make it worth a buy. And holy sht, this game is everything and more then what I thought it could be. I had so much fun for a good 40 hours straight. But then I hit level 31 and I couldn’t progress anymore. Like seriously? Most of the perks aren’t that good, but if you want the good ones you have to spend level points on the sht tier ones. And that kind of makes sense, but the fact that I can’t level up anymore sucks a bit. Maybe I didn’t see it, but the game never does tell you that the leveling stops at some point. Maybe put the max level to 50 or 100? Because 31 just makes no sense.

4 Likes

I agree that 31 was to early a cap I have always said 40 should have been the level cap because it gave you a better mix without being “OP”.
SPP

That’s way too much.

There are 48 skills and if you want to max out all of them, you’ll need 84 skill points. What are you going to do with the 16 skill points you have left over?

Also, devs idea for players to test different skill builds is to create a new char, not to unlock all skills on one char.

3 Likes

Player character levels are significant in their own right, not least as a badge of honour, or sign of endeavour. I think this is about unlocking all the skills though.

Oh ya level 100 or 50 would be a bit to much. I’m thinking like new perks or even new types of perks. Reworking the hacker maybe? (it feels a little to underpowered) I get that the devs want us to make other characters and that’s fine. But if my first character is the max level they should feel a little more powerful, because right now it feels the same as any level 20 character. Idk just a thought I had.

1 Like

I like the idea. It increases the value of a second play through. What I dont like on the other hand is that the missions ar not reseted for the second char. That means that you get no ex from them and it makes the second play through much more boring in my opinion.

2 Likes

True, but you can spice things up by joining random people in their game and do the mission with them to get the sweet mission XP. That’s what i did with my 2nd, 3rd and 4th chars. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s what i did with my 2nd, 3rd and 4th chars

Yes the 2nd 3rd and 4th chars are great for playing with randoms or with friends. But it’s kind of a middle finger to those who enjoy just playing solo. (I’m more of a play with friends kind of guy)

4 Likes

I enjoy playing solo and i rarely let anyone in to my game world.
However, to get more XP to level up my other chars, i had to make a compromise and i don’t regret it. Met quite a lot nice people in random games where many of them are now my friends with whom i can chat about the game and also play with if they need extra hand. :slightly_smiling_face:

2nd best way to level up your other chars is doing the relay beacon tactic, which i refined and did quite extensively myself. Guide is written in here: Tips for fast XP gain for solo players

1 Like

There is NO way on Xbox that that is even close to being a good idea. The yelling, foul language, racism, burping, kids screaming…etc…that is a very bad idea. Just give us the chance to play through with the new character & re-play the story with-out having to re-start a character period. It is not that hard small companies do it in MANY other games. GZ not doing this makes ZERO logical sense TBH.
SPP

3 Likes

On consoles, isn’t there a choice of joining party/group chat while in MP? E.g if i don’t want to listen other people screams in MP, i don’t have to?

The yelling, foul language, racism, burping, kids screaming…etc…that is a very bad idea.

Yes, I would say that on Xbox your out of luck. Pc players tend to be just a little more friendly. The best choice would probably be getting other friends to play with and helping them with their campaign quest. Or something like that.

1 Like

the missions on new charter wold be just asum so we can do it all agen whit new chars. as this story line is so good and im actuly thinking of starting an new save agen keep the old and get an friend in to take my precious stuff and give it back agen when i have an new save to get the story agen i have 2 full play trows alreddy whit 2 save files but i whant it agen =)