Weapon swap issue

XBox One X

Weapon swap bugged.

While in combat I attempt to swap weapons only to have my character appear to swap - weapon drops down, but then the same weapon comes back up.

Doesn’t happen every single time. Only when I really need to switch weapons in a fight.

Playing solo

4 Likes

Also issues with the items in the quick selection. And I wish they swap the d pads left and right. It gets confusing lol

1 Like

Welcome @Carignan!

This has been reported earlier. Most likely a bug caused when aiming through the scope of weapon x, then when trying to swap to weapon y “too fast” your character seems to swap but puts up weapon x again (though the icons lower right corner shows that you have swapped to weapon y).

Swapping one more time will cause your character to again put up weapon x, so swapping yet again will finally get you weapon y in your hands.

Same goes for items in the quick selection (when trying to swap to one when aiming through a scope), although those are both easier and faster to get a hold of - just press the button in question again.

So it’s the scopes that are trolling us :wink:

You can end up swapping 6 or 7 times sometimes before the correct weapon is usable.

I have lost count of the number of deaths I have suffered because I couldn’t swap from the hunting rifle to the AK

Oh, don’t think I’ve had to swap that many times but I can definitely vouch for the swapping issue can get you killed (or at least severely injured) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I found double tap to sidearm, then Y cycles it back to second slot.

It’s a pain, but when you want go from 50 cal to 12 gauge and it keeps bring up the 50, no amount of no scope is gonna save you :joy:

No doubt on the Avalanche dev teams “ to do “ list.

1 Like