Weapon Wheel Megathread

Great news, thx.

I hope the fix doesn’t affect how to select a slot for placing a weapon/an item on the wheel in your inventory (with the left stick). :wink:

Thanks for the great news :pray:

Will this be some kind of hot-fix coming soon or part of a regular update coming later?

Thanks Pontus! Take care of yourself, because I think you were sick Monday.

Hi Pontus, do/did you play the game with controller, and how did you fair?

I’m on console I didn’t have that

What are you talking about?
I’m on console, too.

Maybe instead of yes and no, you can put in the option for us using the old ui. I dont want to be forced using a clunky inferior system

1 Like

Will you be able to put in the option for the old players to keep using th old system?

Thank you. This will alleviate some of the pain, but with a controller it’s still objectively worse than the old system.

The d-pad on a controller is IDEAL for switching items. Having to use multiple fingers to clumsily select from a wheel in the heat of battle just sucks. Please give controller players the option of using the old method. Or at least SOME way of using the d-pad rather than a clumsy wheel.

4 Likes

May i also add that most people arent in these forums and that ppl that ask for changes can influence the gameplay of thousands that dont have a profile in here and dont want it. They are literally forced to use a system without having the option to choose.

I think this weapon wheel is more than welcomme for pc players cause they can bind any weapon to the num pad. So for them it might be better but console not so much. Im currently playing tales of arise.

And even without a weapon wheel i can use 16 different type of comhat skills cause with one press of a button i can switch between the second set of combo related skills (holding L2) so games with even more options than 8 slots are able to do this with a breeze and mind you “tested” it

5 Likes

Oh and they also dont change the combat and mechanics out of the blue like a certain game

2 Likes

Like “No Man’s Sky”? I’m kidding, because it just happened to No Man’s Sky, which I paid CA$70 for. :sweat_smile:

Maybe UI updates is a trend, like NFTs? :wink:

UI? Nah, New mechanics is way passed “User Interface” tweaks. User interface is like the HUD and the menus.

I love this game so much i bought it from Microsoft Store and then bought the disc just in case,as sometimes the internet can be disrupted and i gameshare.But now after the weapon wheel…I even saw Tenebris get stomped by a tank when he tried to heal himself!Please can you give us an option to use our button slots again?I had met 27 other gamers just on this game,now they are on Rust,Dayz,Wildlands.

1 Like

I was having a concern with the weapon wheel popping up randomly during battles. It seems it is a over sensitive mouse wheel that is causing it. You can push the wheel a little to the left or right and it causes a different scrolling function. In game it is the same as pressing the wheel. That being said, I take back not liking the wheel and have made peace with it.

1 Like

Thanks for the response Pontus,i can only speak for myself,a weapon wheel doesn’t work for me in those lovely out numbered battles where you gotta shoot,out flank,heal,switch weapons then shoot again,wow!IGenZ has awakened the old gamer in me,it’s got a pinch of everything from the golden age of gaming.If you can swing it please give us the option of the old layout.You have an unsung classic here,i started gaming on the ZX81 by Sinclair

2 Likes

I agree, this game is awesome when it shines bright. I hope the sequel will have a bigger budget and I hope people who worked on this first game will get rewarded.

I did not read every comment in this thread so I’m sure I’m going to be repeating a lot of the same points already made by others. I came to the game recently and enjoyed it enough to buy the dlc’s. I was just finished the first dlc when I went to bed and came back the nespxt day to find this new weapon/gear wheel.

I assumed that it was updated for the second dlc and only for the second dlc. I wasn’t aware the game was still actively being worked on with new content being released. At first I thought this is great, more options and then I started to play.

Things went rapidly downhill. Yes I’m on console Xbox Series X. So you can’t move when accessing the wheel which is obviously bad. My real issue though is that I can’t count on any item I select actually being selected. I had health pads at 3:00 on the wheel. I clicked on it, nothing, clicked again, nothing…

12 clicks to actually get the item to be selected and it is the same thing for every slot. I used to carry flares, fireworks, binoculars and health pads. I now always have a health pad selected and one weapon as I just can’t count on the items actually working. I am stuck with using only one gun at a time which really sucks and only switch when I’m inside a building.

The old system was clunky, but at least I could run and gun in the open without dying constantly. I could use distraction and confusion to stay alive. Now I hide which is not a fun experience.
It’s hard to believe that this was play tested and people thought this was a solid improvement. I’d like to go back to what worked if that’s possible.

I hope that even if the wheel has to stay that we can go back to using the d pad up and down buttons so I could use flares and health pads there. I guess we will see what happens with this, but I hope whatever it is happens quickly.

Lots of good things in the game with a number of serious issues that make the game less fun than it could be. Thanks for listening.

4 Likes

As of yesterday you no longer stop moving when you bring up the weapon wheel on my Xbox Series X. That’s all well and good but that is a small fix. The real issue is that it that it took me 14 attempts to actually get the stupid thing to select what I was choosing. I don’t know if the hit box is too small for each segment but even when taking the time to actually try and move the cursor to Dead centre of the wheel slot, it still didn’t select the item! Your reply was at best a little bit of glitter thrown up to get us to go, oh look a Shiny, and completely missed the real issue. This system is NOT ok for Console or gamepad users! Don’t waste time trying to put more lipstick on it, it’s still just going to be a pig and not a beauty queen!

3 Likes