Weekly stream - summary request

I think that someone who played the game gave the story of the game and the concept of the game to the writer. So I believe the writer haven’t gotten any extra information and actually never played the game for themselves, hence the faulty information.

Yeah maybe. That is the problem. They seem to have more information than anybody else. I have already asked for any confirmations but that will take till moday.

Yeah I thought of this but I still think there is a problem with the statement. Real odd way to say putting attachments on your weapons as “building”.

At the end of the day I think it is just some quick together thrown article with weird wording which is easily misconstrued. I always recommend going to official sources for news anyways. Probably need to turn this thread back to stream news anyways.

1 Like

Hmm. While I can’t confirm nor deny what will be in the game with Landfall Update, I can say that it seems Gamepur are taking a lot of liberties with what the upcoming content will be. To my knowledge the devs haven’t released so much information yet.

They are basically making a bunch of assumptions. Not very professional, IMO.

3 Likes

Considering the game was not sold and marketed with base-building and base defense, I appreciate that they are asking people to fund the development of those features. Even though I paid very little for the game, I voluntarily bought only the DLCs that mattered to me: story-related DLCs.

I don’t wish devs to spend the money I gave them for things I don’t care about. I think they still need to fix a lot of things like the inventory management and the controls. Apparently, the next patch will also deal with that, and I think it’s more important than adding new mechanics.

Of course, that’s only an opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally, I really hope we’ll get to hear from the Product Owner, Zach, sooner than later. I just want to knoe what’s happening to the game and where it fits in Avalanche Studios’ portfolio…

1 Like

Quite a few things that were not advertised when the game released were added for no cost. Specifically: base building.

Problem is basebuilding released in an extremely barebones state with little items. Now to expand that you have to pay.
I am sure the price will be low and the items will be good. Just kinda disappointing it is payed at all.

3 Likes

If I got it right in the last stream on Wednesday the dlc will cost about 3 to 4 dollar/euro like the weapon packs.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like GZ needs to properly make the line of what will be paid and not. Considering the big gap between the resistance update and landfall, it seems rather sketcy for them to ask money for a feature that is far far far from even finished.

I don’t mind paying for new stuff, but at the same time it should feel supplementary not complementary. If dlc money is used for more funding, then I’d like a roadmap or at least know what said money goes into, instead of the typical teasing of “great things”. Something I am somewhat worried about is the product owner. Since it was reveald he was the new one, we have barely heard anything from the guy.

2 Likes

Didn’t they say (in the stream?) that a roadmap and more transparency will follow? That it 's part of their new direction?

Anyway… I think 3 to 4 € for a small DLC with some weapons or some items for base-building or even clothes are ok. That’s nothing you need to play the game and there is no “pay to win”. It’ s just for fun. And if this money helps the devs or the game to get more ressources for more free stuff it’s more than just ok…in my opinion.

1 Like

Remember people, you don’t need to buy the DLC this week. There’s a free update too.

Thats odd.

I thought I had to pay for the building DLC to get access to all the other stuff in the free update too.

Now that I think about it I find it weird I thought I needed to pay for the base building pack to get the new enemies. :thinking:

2 Likes

Nooo. Landfall is a free and very huge update.
The next new dlc is just for basebuilding.

1 Like

I honestly have no idea what is gonna be in the free update, but I think we’ll get the patch note in the next 24 hours.

Thx for the info.
Has there been anything else of interest for all users?

Pontus said that they are looking at people’s reaction to the radial menu, but he think that people will get used to it. They are paying attention though.

I think that’s pretty much it. :man_shrugging: :slightly_smiling_face:

Almost forgot it… Were there any news regarding a possible hotfix?

A fix for being unable to move while using the wheel on consoles is in the works for next update.

1 Like

I have seen people saying that they are starting to get used to it. And when I see Aliasdja play, his Wheel-menu when used is only a fraction of a sec in view. It gone so fast I can’t even see his selection, or that he stopped moving.

Still lots of people don’t like the wheelmenu as is now, so I guess there will be some changes. If that will be an option to choose, more keybinding options, or only fixed so that people can keep moving while using the wheel-menu, we will have to wait and see.

1 Like

What have you done!? Don’t summon me with a reply! :wink::wink: (Kidding)

Yeah, I most be puddled… :grin:

1 Like

Oh yes, I’m very much looking forward to learning a new weapon wheel :upside_down_face: