Weird audio problems with "normal" Runners

Platform: PC, W10pro 64

Description: the sounds of close by non APO runners are dampened (like been heard through a carpet or something like that) and the steps sound somewhat chopped like a crackling sound. The issue started after the November update.

Steps To Reproduce: none specific, doesn’t matter if it’s infight or they are just passing by

Images / Videos: none

Host or Client: host, solo

Players in your game: 1, solo

Specifications: Ryzen 7 3700X 8C/16T 3600/4300 MHz, Gigabyte AORUS X570 Elite, ASUS Dual RTX2080 OC 8GB (factory OC’d), 32GB Ballistix Elite DDR4 3600, Samsung 970 EVO M2 SSD, Samsung 950+960 EVO SSD, Logitech G35 USB Headset (changed the USB port, same result)

Edit: it seems like the APO Runners are also soundwise bugged for me. Just normal in the distance, but when they close up the “carpet-sound” takes the place…

I think that there is an issue with the walking/running sound being muffled by the buildings.

Here’s a video:

2 Likes

Thanks @0L0 , that video shows exactly what I meant. Sometimes it’s near impossible to determine whether a runner is there or not and where it is, if it’s not covered by the indicator

thank you that is the noise but it doesn’t explain why it happens when they r literally no where.