Weird Disembodied Machine Sounds - Audio heard from dead and despawned machines

UPDATE: So this bug appeared to have been fixed with the January Update, but I can confirm that it’s returned. Same procedure; kill machines and move away from the area, come back and the ghost sounds appear.

Just northwest of lysthamn in the sound coast region I killed a tank
A second one killed me then ran away but when I returned to loot the first tank I heard a 3rd tank except there was no 3rd tank
Just an empty lonely hill
Either my character is going completely insane or more then likely it’s a bug

3 Likes

That is the well known “ghost machine sound” bug…

1 Like

I to have had the same issue over at Himjfall watch tower near the big barn on fire. The tank had not probably spawned in, I never saw it just heard it.

Merged topic with this thread, that I created a while ago when the issue started to appear.

/Mod

Platform:
Steam/PC
Description:
I was in one of these houses at Overby Gard Farm and suddenly, this bizarre noise keeps being played from this one house. I looted everything and can’t seem to find the source. I even use an X-ray module to see if anything was hiding.
Steps To Reproduce:
Walking into the one house (picture of map location included below). It sounds the closest at the top of the stairs.
Images / Videos:
Generation%20Zero%20location
https://youtu.be/p_6HpFBAJTw
Host or Client:
My own game session, solo.
Players in your game:
Solo: ExCalLeeBurr
Specifications:
HP OMEN
Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
64-bit on Windows 10
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

It happens… Sometimes…

Threads merged.

/Mod

Hello

I cannot transfer my video of the sound in question, but I invite you to go to these coordinates : (4515.206, -321.669 Himfjall) and tell me if you also hear an unknown robot noise.

you can hear some ghost noise still after hunters, seekers and tanks have disappeared (there may well be more but I don’t think i have encountered them).

PS this is still happening after the most recent patch (don’t know if it was patched though) for some streamers that I have seen play, and I have also seen them stumble across ghost light too.

Threads merged.

//Mod

Dang, wish this happened to me. I love the machine noises!

One way to recreate this (not 100% of times) is to kill bunch of machines, loot them, fast travel away, fast travel back and make your way to the battle spot.

Sometimes, some machine bodies may remain and some machine SFX sounds are playing in the area as well, like ghosts of fallen machines.

Hearing them is interesting and it may give an eerie feeling.

Hmm. I’ll try it tomo!

Description: I’ve had something similar happen to me, however it’s only tanks, and only noises, and I was solo. They don’t detect you or make noises of moving around. This isn’t the only time I’ve heard it, but this is the first time it’s suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I had headphones on so I could hear it better then what the video shows. But the sound of the tank running (what sounds like pressurized air) just starts suddenly playing from right beside the destroyed relay.

Steps To Reproduce: Unknown.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1

Xbox model and game version: Xbox one. Version: November 5 update, but has happened before it.

Bug report moved to proper topic.

//Mod

1 Like

Hey there, one bug I noticed when playing with friends. It’s an audio bug. My friends and I can hear the sounds that a tank/harvester makes but there was nothing at that spot. The sound we heard is the beeping, groaning and the sound of a fan whirring? Just for clarification the “groaning” sounds like a weird whale call. Also we get the occasional “target is here” but the market is above nothing

I am on the ps4

1 Like

Reply moved to proper topic.

//Mod

This is sadly still issue I play on PS5 and it’s still happening now , both sessions in fruitless gnome hunt in Haga !

Moved post to relevant bug report thread.

//Mod

1 Like