What I'd love to see next

Hello there!

I’ve been playing Generation Zero lately and having fun so far, but there are some things in the game that I’d love to see to make it an even better experience.

Here are some of my suggestions:

• Adjust the detection system and reduce the enormous amount of time it takes for enemies to detect you: 9 times out of 10 I get detected every single time by a machine or a group of them when I am far away/hiding while they’re fighting each other on their own or if I hack one of them. It makes no sense to be detected when I’m hiding or very far away.

• increase the storage for both the backpack and storage box: I get that you can increase them through the skill tree and resources respectively but they’re not enough even after maximizing them! On the topic of backpack, hopefully we can have backpacks to wear as cosmetic option? :eyes:

• Universal weapon camouflage: I am not a huge fan of having specific camos for specifc weapons especially when there’s no way to know which weapon has which camo unless I go through all of my weapons and check them individually, that’s very inconvenient.

• More attachments for weapons: I’d love to see a variety of attachments for the weapons like the holographic/ACOG sights or the equivalent to them for SMGs, ARs, LMGs and Snipers as long as they’re appropriate to the time period and (especially sniper rifles! I’d love to use the ACOG on the PVG 90).

• Time skip option: I am used to some open world games having some sort of time skip feature such as Cyberpunk 2077 for example, it’d be even cooler to have a random camera placed somewhere around Östertörn showing timelapse of the time skip.

• Free camera option for photo mode: This is a perosnal one for me because I can’t get enough of the scenery in this game especially during day time, but having to use my viewpoint as a camera makes it so inconvenient! What I’d love to see is an option where I can move the camera around freely to capture the scenery and machines easily and have proper captures of my character, having still poses and facial expressions (like in most games such as Horizon Forbidden West and Cyberpunk 2077 for example).

• Hacking via percentage could be better for some machines: Maybe increase the chance of hacking the machines such as Wolves, Harvesters and Tanks.

I think that’s about it, I don’t know if I’ll make a follow-up post on this if there are more suggestions from my part but we’ll see.

Anyways, thanks for reading and have a wonderful day.

• Billy
2 Likes

I agree.
But it’s not because of set distance or time for detection. It’s quite easy, but got complicated due to how the game evolved in the past.

In the beginning there just was FNIX and the players. Two factions.
The status “in combat” doesn’t count for us primarly, but the opposite. If a machine was shot at (which triggers the detection) or detected the player, the status of the machines changed… Which of course affected our status indirectly.
Quite logic, a simple way of doing it, but just worked that way because of just two factions.

With introduction of the soviets this core function didn’t change, which means that still the status of the machines is crucial. So if a soviet machine shoots at a FNIX machine or if they detect each other, their status changes to “in combat”… Which one the other hand triggers the detection of the players.

That’s why we often immediatly are pulled into a combat between FNIX and soviets, although we maybe are far away from them, hidden, silent, and what else.

So the devs need to change the core of the game which triggers the detection to a more complicated system to fit the games demands after introducing the 3rd faction.

I personally don’t see the need of increasing the storages. It’s just a matter of managing what you have and what you need.
Besides of that I believe the devs already spoilered an upcoming upgrade for the storage.

Some additional advice:

• The companion can also carry 32kg.

Depends on which DLCs you own:
In bases the

• pillboxes can Store 7.62
  • Sniper turrets can store .50
  • Rocket turrets can store granatgevär ammo
  • medical trailers can store everything that heals.

Regarding the backpacks:
I agree, that would be cool to see them and even cooler to have different sizes or even backpacks with additional functions.
Btw. In early gameplay trailers there were backpacks on the characters, but due to some unknown reason they discarded this feature.

1 Like

Regarding the first point, I get that… but it makes no sense gameplay wise to be detected when you do nothing to begin with!

Regarding the second point,
A- I dont have the DLCs (at the moment)
B- I want more storage to have more ammo and also because certain ammo types weigh more than other ammo types

Appreciate your time taken to comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

More ammo in your backpack?
Or more ammo in your plundra?
For which weapons(s)?

Keep in mind, ammo in your plundra is useless, if you have enough in your backpack.

And if you’re fighting in regions where you can loot your needed ammo, you don’t have to carry that much.
On the other hand, if you, for example, just fight FNIX class machines with 7.62, you can run out of ammo fast.

That’s again what I said first. Manage your inventory, prepare for the combat, just carry what you need.

1 Like

You are not being detected when the enemy status turns red, the machine status indicates the machines in the area are in combat mode, not that you are detected. Try an area where there are not both Soviet and Fnix machines in combat. Maintaining stealth in the game is extremely easy when you learn how to use the environment to hide from the machines. Also learning how the machines “see” is a key to understanding how to hide from them.

You can double your storage capacity and that still is not enough? Then doubling it again, and again and again will?

More ammo for a few weapons or more ammo for a ton of weapons you want to carry? When I first started playing, I carried a lot of weapons, even though you only had 2 weapon slots, add all the types of ammo and everything gets full quickly. Now we have 8 quick slots, balancing what you carry is so much easier when you only carry what you use in combat.
Stockpiling a little extra ammo in the storage is ok for longer co-op just battle after battle, but with recycling and crafting becoming more of a thing, the storage limit is no longer an issue. It is more a resource issue to keep enough of what you use in combat and continuously having to change what is stockpiled in the recycle station to craft those items. Only place I see we need more space is the recycle station. Easy way to solve that issue of both collecting resources and crafting is reduce everything that is only used for crafting. Wood, rubber, plastic and so on would have reduced weight. But ammo, canisters, emps, weapons and so on remain the same when carried, because you can use them as is. But when recycled, their the weight of what they break down to changes once in the recycle station.

As far as the cosmetic requests are concerned, it doesn’t matter to me. Look how you want and have your weapons the way you want, Identify as you want.

Having stuff in the Base is a liability, i lost everything in 2022 with that DELETE base bug.
Besides it only serves for 4 types of itens.

Its not hoarding to have 3000 ammo per each different automatic weapon ammo type in the Plundra, some Like SMG get empty really fast.
Some ammo types are very heavy Like Rockets.
To have that and own every best model of a weapon plus a low number of traps and bombs fills the entire Plundra.
The Plundra Current space was FINE for late 2021, but since then we got a lot of Weapons and gadgets and a few new ammo types or extra need for them (pistol ammo For DLC weapon).

He might not want to constantly craft stuff or to use the companion, his concerns are valid, we can either craft everything, loot or just play without thinking much of ammo.
He does not seem to be asking for 1000 Storage Expansion or infinite storage and its not mandatory to use the Plundra at all if we want a more hardcore experience, having a choice is very good.

@YoursTrulyBilly We might actually get an expansion of the Plundra ,Backpack or some other storage system in the near future, they hinted something a few weeks ago :open_mouth:

1 Like

You are not being detected when the enemy status turns red, the machine status indicates the machines in the area are in combat mode, not that you are detected. Try an area where there are not both Soviet and Fnix machines in combat. Maintaining stealth in the game is extremely easy when you learn how to use the environment to hide from the machines. Also learning how the machines “see” is a key to understanding how to hide from them.

Respectfully you didn’t read what I said about the detection properly, so I suggest reading it again, especially the part where I said I still get detected even when I am far away/hiding while they’re fighting each other on their own or if I hack one of them.

You can double your storage capacity and that still is not enough? Then doubling it again, and again and again will?

What’s the problem with even more storage?

More ammo for a few weapons or more ammo for a ton of weapons you want to carry? When I first started playing, I carried a lot of weapons, even though you only had 2 weapon slots, add all the types of ammo and everything gets full quickly. Now we have 8 quick slots, balancing what you carry is so much easier when you only carry what you use in combat.
Stockpiling a little extra ammo in the storage is ok for longer co-op just battle after battle, but with recycling and crafting becoming more of a thing, the storage limit is no longer an issue. It is more a resource issue to keep enough of what you use in combat and continuously having to change what is stockpiled in the recycle station to craft those items. Only place I see we need more space is the recycle station. Easy way to solve that issue of both collecting resources and crafting is reduce everything that is only used for crafting. Wood, rubber, plastic and so on would have reduced weight. But ammo, canisters, emps, weapons and so on remain the same when carried, because you can use them as is. But when recycled, their the weight of what they break down to changes once in the recycle station.

More ammo to just have in reserve… again, like I said, there’s no problem with even more storage :slight_smile: Also, I don’t have to recycle ammo to have storage space hence, yet again, hoping for more storage!

As far as the cosmetic requests are concerned, it doesn’t matter to me. Look how you want and have your weapons the way you want, Identify as you want.

It doesn’t matter to you, but it does to me which leads to the following point:

Your entrance to this post made me feel like you want to enforce your opinion on me and that’s not gonna work… I understand you have your opinion and that’s fine, but that’s not how it works mate :slight_smile:

• More ammo in my backpack, doesn’t matter which weapon as I go with a couple of them to help me durviving.

• To you ammo in plundra is useless if you have enough in your backpack, but to me it’s not uselss + I can’t have the ammo I want because of the puny 96 backpack limit.

• Having ammo doesn’t have to depend on regions FYI and if we take your example of fighting a FNIX class with a 7.62, I don’t have to worry about that if I’m using the experimental LMG that shoots electric arcs (forgot its name) but that doesn’t make my point of having more storage for ammo invalid

Once again, thanks for your input :slight_smile:

THANK YOU KIND SIR! That’s all I have to say!

1 Like

Me too. Once.

I know.
I have one of each weapon in best quality, at least one of each attachment in best quality (silencers, barrel extensions, scopes and fullvision modules a bit more).
For the ammo I use in general I have up to a few thousands rounds each.

That’s currently not much. I’m actually low on 7.62, so I additionally use 5.56 as backup. Because of that my flamethrower plus ammo moved to the box. Just .50 doesn’t change much… It’s constantly getting more.

There are a few hundred rockets I dropped there plus few ammo for other weapons…in general the rest that stays when recycling what I have in my backpack.

There also are EMPs until I have enough to recycle them, some rounds of some experimental ammo… Too few to recycle them.

And there are lots of tick and gnome tick pods, about 100 firework boxes and about 100 snowballs and some semlas.

Finally, I have an emergency stock of a few hundred units fuel and some adrenalines, some sticky flares and fireworks, some grenades, some repair kits and some DLC items.

Currently I’m at 388kg… And I’m going fine with it.

But that’s me.

I would definitely like to see a Massive storage upgrade of 1000kgs Because the amount of items we all gather and the less enemy’s you encounter in the world. you either need to add more enemy’s so we use up the ammo and throwables.
I have 5 characters and my storage is full 399.95% and all my characters cant run. so i’m just looking for enemy’s to take out. I know how to take out most enemy’s with little to less ammo so some times I just spray and pray trying to use up ammo for the weight constraints. which isn’t ideally for a game

1 Like

Huh ? :thinking:

If you can’t run you are carrying to much in your backpack. Just get rid of some stuff.

1 Like

5 characters?! In a game that offers having up to 4 characters?

Did anyone even think about not being forced to take everything?

Nevertheless, one important information was in your post that I often forgot in my argumentation against the need for more space:
All characters and worlds share the plundra!

That’s really a good point that has to be looked at.
On one hand it doesn’t allow to make a clean new playthrough with a new or existing character, on the other hand it fills up the storage even faster due to different demands for different characters.

I’d suggest not just to look at the available space, but to look at how the plundra works.

For example there often were ideas for having a seperate weapon locker for weapons and ammo.
That’s not a bad idea, as it doesn’t have to be everywhere where a plundra is and vice versa, it could be upgraded/updated seperatly (new weapons DLC → + 50kg for weapon locker) and if you want you could still store weapons in the plundra.

The plundra itself could also be split into 3 to 4 different storages, like a locker with 3 to 4 doors.

• 1 shared (world and characters) locker
  • 1 character locker
  • 1 world locker
  • 1 shared locker for coop (for exchanging stuff)

The spaces of them of course would need to be balanced well and should be upgradeable seperatly.

While the shared locker needs global working upgrades across all worlds and characters, the characters lockeres could be upgraded by each character independent of the others and the world locker just counts for each world.

The shared coop locker on the other hand is an own topic, as it should just be saved for the host, but count for all players. Either it has a global space value for all players which would mean no upgrades, or it could have a value that the host can set in the sessions options. As it’s just for coop and for exchange it should just be active when playing with others in multiplayer. If it should also be reset after each session is a good point for discussions. I would agree, but it also has the risk of losing stuff If the hosts crash: new session = new shared coop locker.

Edit:
Just a quick example for different lockers instead of one plundra:

I didn’t find a place with two of those lockers next to each other during my quick search through the command bunkers. But that’s how I Imagine them to look like. Up to 4 next to each other, each with a symbol which shows its use. You can select them seperatly, but you can also switch tabs and move items from one locker to another.

You mean 4? That’s a bit sus ngl

These points, I agree with most certainly.

All the skins we have currently, as DLC or just in the base game, should be universal. Swedish Forest on all my guns? Yes, please! Or Swedish Snow? or any of the other (few) good camouflages, depending on how I’m feeling—or, rather, where I am, what the weather/lighting conditions are at the time…yes, PLEASE. And anything else that ever gets added, straight to universal.

We might not need any new attachments, though a few more sight options could be nice, but just more of the current parts made compatible with more of the weapons would at least be a step in the right direction. 1-4x, 4-8x, and 2x RDS on the fifty cal? Yeah, that’d be nice. They got us running it like a battle rifle, anyway, and we can run it with irons, so the lower power optics should be fair game. 1-4x, 4-8x, 2x RDS on the S21? Yesss. 1-4x on the AI76? Yeah, no reason why not. The railed top cover would support it, no problem. A fixed 4x ACOG, SUSAT, or PSO1 scope would make a fine addition—any or ALL of those. And a PE, PEM, or PU for the Mosin-Nagant/Vintovka? Please…

Time skip, well, we’ve got safehouses, and they have beds and couches and sleeping rolls in many of them. Plenty of others games have you “sleep” to skip time, whether as a necessity or merely as an option. Others you have the option to just “wait”—so “sleeping” isn’t a necessity, just to make sense of a time skip. As it is, exiting the game and then coming back in can result in a time skip, visually speaking. One thing; the loot containers reset on a time table, and using a time skip function should not interfere with that—skipping time should not reset the loot containers, or advance their time tables, they should be immune to that. No cheating with it.

Free camera, should be possible. We have the remote controlled Tick with the sticky bomb on it, and the camera gets tied temporarily to it while in use, so it would seem possible to get a free camera option working for photo mode. Would be nice to see, for those gaming photographers out there.

3 Likes