What is the respawn time on killed enemies on fixed locations

When I doing challenges and killed all enemies, there is a certain amounth of time I have to wait before I can go there again. Anybody know how long that is, and are there tricks to speed that up? I tried hopping from safehouse to safehouse but with no obvious results.

1 Like

So, you want to cheese the game in order to complete the new challenges? :thinking:

Hint: There is a fixed condition to respawn machines on fixed locations but it isn’t time based.

What is cheese the game?

1 Like

In a gaming scene, the word cheese is used to describe strategies or ways of playing that are really powerful and do not require much skill from the players side at the same time.

To put it into the context of your request:

• Rather than you going out and searching for machines to kill (normal gameplay)
  • You instead want to spawn machines back in the same, known location (cheese gameplay)

I see. Well I need to shoot the fuel tanks of apocalypse class machines, a lot of them (hundreds) and there is a good place to do that. But now I have to wait to do it again, and again, and again, etc. I just wondered when they would respawn. I do not think of looking for other places as a skill. I have a fair Idea of where certain enemies can be found. Maybe cheesing is a skill too. I like cheese.
You say it is not time based, hmm.

2 Likes

In a nutshell, there are three groups of machines in the game:

1. Mission specific
  2. Fixed location spawns
  3. Random roam spawns

In first case, when you take out the machine, it will never respawn. In third case, machines are constantly respawning and due to that, it is impossible to clear out entire game map. As for the second instance, machines do respawn as well, when certain condition is met but using that “trick” is considered cheesing the game.
And since this here is official forums, any talk of game exploits are forbidden.

Thats not cheesing the game, thats normal gameplay. If the game has fixed spawn rates then thats how the devs intended the game to be played by the players.

If thats cheesing the game for you, what is using bad game design for your own benefits? Talking about hiding inside houses and destroying machines outside, without them able to hit you inside.

Wait… you already mentioned that in one of your videos… its smart game play right…

well we all have our own opionions. You say it is cheesing the game to destroy machines on fixed spawnpoints… I say its playing the game how the game is intended to play.

You say its smart game play … I say its exploiting the game (which is considered by most players far more offensive) when I use poorly designed game mechanics for my own advantage… btw. thats more or less excatly the definition of exploiting. Using ingame bugs or bad game mechanics…

3 Likes

I did not say that. What i did say was using a specific “trick” to respawn those said machines. It’s the forced respawn that is a cheese tactic, not the actual kill of the machine.
Do read correctly what i say to avoid misunderstandings.

Forget about the word trick I used. I am not looking for illegal exploits or cheats. But is it a problem to wanting to know how the repawning mechanism works? If it ain’t time based, what is it? Why the secrecy?

3 Likes

It’s called farming, and gamers have been exploiting games since Mario on the NES.

If you be specific in what you want to achieve, then you will get a specific answer. I have completed the challenge menu and can give you my own guide.

Thanks AliasDJA, but I know what to do. I just wanted to know on what mechanic the respawn of fixed enemies is based. But it’s ok. Every day I get some more done, so I will get there.

1 Like

As I understand it - pre DLC of course, the refresh rate of fixed enemy respawns in game is 4 hours.

1 Like

I was thinking something like that too, (some fixed time-span at least), but Aesle says it’s not time-based. Then I started speculating if maybe it was related to the number of attacks you do on other bases, or the number of machine kills of the same class.

2 Likes

After a chat with other mods, we found that this “trick” isn’t strictly game exploit while it still remains cheesy tactic. So, with that being cleared;

To get the fixed spawn machines to spawn back in the game, Quit to the Main Menu and the Continue your game. This generates new spawn seed for all machines and respawns some or even all fixed spawn machines as well. Of course, mission specific machines won’t spawn in if you’ve already taken them out.

And here you have it. A “trick” to cheese the game… :eyes:

does difficulty levels alter spawn times ?
you could get a harvester spawning hunters , and kill the hunters and not the harvestor , good way to lvl up rivals perhaps.

Only spawn rate, not time, that difficulty level does affect, is Rival spawn in.

For example, on Skirmish difficulty and when you start your Region score at 0, 1st rival should spawn in when your region score reaches around 1000. However, on Guerilla difficulty and with the same setting, 1st rival spawns in at around 320 region score.

You should be able to farm XP from airdrop hunters on any difficulty as long as the harv itself is alive.