What makes you immerse yourself into GZ?

But hasn’t it become more to you that just a “shoot robots with friends” game? I’ve seen some of your videoclips, and you definitely put more strategy into the fight than I do. I’ll bet you stock flares, fireworks, gas cannisters, and EMP batteries. I do not. I’m pretty much a sniper only and I always try to fight from cover. So fighting machines is actually just a minor part of the game for me, and if I get my 10 minutes machine-bashing fix in GZ a day, I’m pretty content in that departement. What made me stay in-game for hours (I don’t do that these days as I’ve pretty much done it all) was all the rest. The exploration, the story, the missions, the looting and all the other things I’ve mentioned here on the forum. Are you actually content with the “simple recipe from an easy concept”?

1 Like

Of course. It’s got a good combat system in place where you can choose your fights and it really works, especially in co-op. And the world-building works well, even if it’s simplistic. I’m perfectly content with the game as it is and I don’t think that it’s strayed too far from it’s core mechanics.

We’ve seen some gameplay enchancements thus far, and some additions like Rivals, Alpine Unrest etc though I believe that the game’s constantly evolving, and I’m sure the devs are aware how many care about the game’s aesthetics, atmosphere and so forth and are eager to expand upon that as well.

4 Likes

That’s me allright, basically.
I use ONLY fire weapons, if I DARE use explosives… I am dead.
For some hilarious reason, I always get the brunt of explosives going off. XD

Issue with co-op is the fail of machine scaling along with the amount and level of players.
Where solo play already is a walk in the park due to machine AI failure, this is ‘extremified’ in MP/Co-op.
It occurs to me that GZ is not even a shooter anymore, but a LOOTER/Hoarding game.
Where you win the game if you fill out ALL possible storage rather than finish the game and quests.
The machines should be such an extreme threat, you would not dare move.
Of course, that would ruin the game as well, naturally, having it that hard.
I would SO want that FOR MYSELF, but I won’t ever ask the Devs to bring my personal “hell to the power of hell” on to the rest.
Still, the treat is just… not even a joke anymore.
And that’s so… sad…

I agree!!!
Protect the CORE, please, Devs?
It’s not because another game features a Planet Killer ( https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Planet_Killer ) that I therefor want it implemented in “my” game.
Adding base building, motorized vehicles, more NPC’s, … would ruin:

(Taken this part of the sentence from the whole, as this is where I am pointing at.)

The change in weather, the different night and day starts and ending. The way the machines are learning and not reacting in the same way. As setting up land mine traps at the same location and they avoid them or set them off. I truly enjoy this game as it does not get old for me. I see the February update is going live and adding some new missions. It just keeps getting better. Thank you and keep up the good work. Best game, even with the starting short comings, but the fixes worked and you still are improving.

2 Likes

I hope this fits the topic, but what I’d like to see is some sort of “character log”.

My idea would be:

In the log, a new tab called “characters” or similar gets added.

When you collect a mission item or collectible that mentions a character for the first time, their name gets added to the tab.
You can then select there name and get a list of every item that mentions them and you have already collected.

So for example, if you collect an item that mentions “Veronika Nilsson” and the name seems familiar to you, instead of having to search through your side and main mission in order to re-read her story, you simply select her name fron a list and you have all the info you have collected about her at your fingertips.

4 Likes

It´s a good Idea for the Game

1 Like

It is probably more a “quality of life” thing, but it is a good idea. You should make a feature request for it :+1:

1 Like

@Fraeddy
Oh I LOVE that idea!!!
Marvelous!
And fits the game… perfect!

Depends, it can be seen as such, but it can be seen as ‘story/lore research’ as well…
People do make notes, in certain cases, to have a mnemonic aid.
Some actually depend on this, see doctors, police, … and military (you’re somewhat a soldier now out of necessity). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, @Fraeddy’s idea is great. I have a hard time keeping track of all the details, most of which are quite subtle too. I would love to see a timeline or a “mindmap” too, but that might be a bit much to ask.

You’re right. I’m mixing up the terms here.

1 Like

@IanForce
You’re NOT wrong here!!!
As I said, its ALSO quality of life!!!
It can be more though, is what I am saying :wink:

1 Like

What’s wrong with asking @Flick??? She knows everything.

2 Likes

She does indeed! But where is she? Kind of miss her sharp postings … ping @Flick

1 Like

@Bootie
Excuse me?
You sure can, I won’t stop you, if that is what you mean?
I like her.
I like actually everyone. :slight_smile:
Even if we do not agree… at all… :smiley:
You’re all still my friends. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Joke Xogger. :smile: You’ll just have to learn how to spot them…! After all, you can spot a Hunter at 400 metres. :joy:

2 Likes

@Bootie
Jokes are harder to spot, sir… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I accept that they dont move so much as Hunters…

1 Like

It was a joke, @Xogroroth, and a good one too :smile: Doesn’t mean that you were wrong at all my friend :wink:

1 Like

@Bootie @IanForce
Sure, make fun of me!!!
Tssssk.

:wink:

1 Like

Heheheheh…
It shows… I am as bright as a black hole! LMAO

Xogger, you are as bright as a button, and we all know it. If we tease you it is because we are your friends. That’s what friends do. That’s what friends are for. This is called affection and it is generally considered “A Good Thing”… :grin:

2 Likes