What other games do you usually play?

I figured that would be interesting to know what genre of games each of us here usually like to play. Name titles, franchises, genres, etc. that you like. :slightly_smiling_face:

I could make a poll, but I feel lazy.

While I’m focusing on Generation Zero these days, I recently went back to “retrogaming”, but not very “seriously” because I usually play a single game at a time. :slight_smile: I mostly played the NES and SNES Classic Editions released by Nintendo…

Other than that, I usually favour action-adventure games, as well as simulation/management games. I also like adventure games and “toys”:

• The Legend of Zelda (from Ocarina of Time, to Skyward Sword)
  • Metal Gear Solid series
  • Unpacking
  • The Last of Us and Uncharted franchises
  • Death Stranding
  • Red Dead Redemption and GTA series
  • The Walking Dead by Telltale Games
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The modern Wolfenstein games
  • Bioshock 1 and Infinite
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Townscaper (!)
  • Frostpunk
  • Jurassic World Evolution (1)
  • Banished (a bit)

Of course, this is not exhaustive. :sweat_smile: I also like to watch movies and TV, plus I listen/watch a lot of talk radio (Radio-Canada) and news.

What about you?

Highly recommend a game called “The Long Dark”. Very immersive game. Can be very challenging. I’m a huge fan of first-person exploration (usually with combat of some sort). That’s what lured me into GZ.

1 Like

I concur :+1: It’s even made by Canadians.

We’re not just Maple Syrup and hockey, eh?

1 Like

I only play a few games, going back to others to play them when I’m feeling it, but my go-to’s right now are Warframe, Rimworld and Elite Dangerous ^^

2 Likes

I played a bit of Pokemon Blue the other day, but all I’m really playing these days is Generation Zero. :thinking: I might reinstall Creatures 1 too. :sweat_smile:

What about you, readers? :slight_smile:

I played countless games in the last 30 years…

The last games I played really long were Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and actually Generation Zero (now for about 1 year).

I don’t switch to other games often… And if I’m true I haven’t bought a single game for my PS5 since I got it in december '20. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Other non-traditional games I’ve played that I enjoyed were “Quern”, “The Forest” and “Betrayer”. Different, but fun. Over 950 hours on the Long Dark. Most Far Cry’s and of course Oblivion and Skyrim. Stranded Deep and Subnautica for water games (Subnautica is VR as well).

1 Like

Minecraft (Java)
Rimworld (AKA organ harvesting simulator, modded)
Red dead 2
Fortnite (I’d rather chill with the bois than avoid being called cringe)
DST
7D2D
TABS
Dark souls
Vigor
Horizon zero dawn
trailmakers
fallout 4
Skyrim
biomutant
heavilly modded starbound (Space terarria)
Furvilla
case clicker 2
Warzone 2.0 (DMZ)
and bloodborne
WANT to play scrap mechanic, DRG, and noita, plus I want to (in 2077 for the memes) play cyberpunk

mostly play GZ nowadays, though… often while talking to swedish people, who sit there confused by what I mean by “The f**king brick just climbed the church!”

The Last of us is definitely one of the best story driven games I’ve played too ! :+1::v:

1 Like

? :thinking:

PS: oh did not see this is 1 month old.

When I shouted that I was tryna shoot down a firebird from a church bell tower (decent cover against the nearby tank)
Before a lynx flung a wolf up the wall…
…and onto the roof

Man I love this game, but the physics could use a bit of work lol

I recommend you Ghost Of Tsushima, it’s a really fun game. You’re a samurai, one of the last samurais alive and you have to free Tsushima island and fight the Mongol invaders. :+1:

I also recommend The Last of Us. I’ve played it on PS5, but I tried the PS4 Remastered version and I loved it! You need to kill a lot of zombies and the most interesting thing is that in general, in games and movies, it features a virus, but in this game it features a fungus :mushroom:, which is something unique. Since the HBO’s show has started, I became a big fan of the series.

And, if you like SF games about a far future, I advise you to try Horizon Forbidden West. It has an interesting story and cool missions to do.

I also like to play Apex Legends, Titanfall 2, Warzone 2.0 and other games.

2 Likes

I have picked up Dead island (1) on sale. Surprisingly fun game while waiting for something new to drop on GZ

I usually play Sims 4 and Witcher

1 Like