What settings to stop people spoiling my single player fun?

Title says it all. I cant seem to find a way to just play solo. Didnt seem to be an issue but for some reason tonight i have had 2 separate occasions of people joining my game. I dont want to sound anti-social but i do enjoy the stealth type play.

While in game:

Press Escape -> click Multiplayer. There is an option called “who can join” and you can change it to “Invite only” then click Apply. This needs to be done every time you close and reopen the game, fyi :slight_smile:

Ah ok, thanks i will try that. I am sure i had changed that before but i didnt realise you had to do it everytime. Why cant this be a permanant option… or is it a bug ?

2 Likes

I don’t know if we can call it a bug, maybe that was intended by Avalanche for some reason? Who knows. But yes, you’ll have to do it every time you reopen the game :slight_smile: Happy hunting!

Most players if not some probably want it to be a permanent option from the main menu settings.

1 Like

That’s right! Devs could you pls make this setting permanent. If I want that somebody to join my session, we can still change it.

1 Like

At least they seem to have fixed the setting it so it stays after changing characters.

AND…

if someone is still in your game, press “close Multiplayer Session” to kick them finally.

I tried to kick and change to “invite people” - but he was still connecting again. And again. And again. And again, again, again…

Kind of odd that people can join again after being kicked. There should be a way to block nuisance players from rejoining.

Maybe I didn’t wait long enough.
Game show me:
name has joined the session.
When I kicked and try to close the game, he was instant reconnecting.
Next time I wait till the second messag4e, which is like
name traveled to OOUUAAiiooblahblah <- I think thats the time he finished connecting to your game. The first message seem to be a information soemone is connecting he didn’t join allready.
So if you try to close the multiplayersession, he is still going on to connect to the game, till the message *****travel to ****

(Sorry, I don’t know the exact message and I am to lazy now to restart the game waiting for the messages^^)

Is this new!!! I’ve played single player since I bought the game last Christmas…now I have to turn it off every single time I log in???

There used to be an option to play in “offline mode” so you didn’t have to shut multiplayer off.
I’ve played this way since Christmas when I got the game and now the option seems to be gone!

There has been never that option, unless you play without internet connection.

Btw, “offline mode” is a feature of Steam, and not a feature of GZ.

In the early days, the “Invite Only” option didn’t work, even when enabled and people still joined your game. I had to kick off some due to this.

At some point, the setting was fixed, so, everyone who wanted to play solo, could do that.

However, some people began talking that it’s annoying when they start the game and random people are joining them (since they didn’t know the option to toggle it) and devs set the new default to “Invite Only”.

Sure, it fixed their issue but that also in turn killed the MP lobby since unless new player specifically knew and set the MP setting to “Anybody”, no-one was joining their game.

So, another wave of complaints came and devs switched the default value around, again.

It isn’t gone. It’s still there.

Continue your game, press Esc, select Multiplayer, under Game, look for “Who Can Join” setting.

Oh, one more thing:

That being said, topic closed. :lock:

//Mod

4 Likes