When did the machines start showing up inside, upstairs?

When did they start showing up in houses upstairs? I’m in N. Ostervik and had 2 dogs inside the house, 1 on the stairs and 1 in the room I just walked out of.

(upload://v1DR00gblbFlvHX4WP6aiqA22q6.jpeg)

Cool! That’s more interesting. I had two Hunters and four Dogs in the kitchen last time I fought from a house, but not upstairs…

1 Like

I’ve tons of them, downstairs, or on the lower level of a barn. But this is the first time I’ve seen them upstairs or on the stairs.

1 Like

Upstairs in a barn - all the time, usually at the top of the stairs, which is why, if I’m defending a barn, I put a couple of mines at the top of the stairs. If I don’t need them I can pick them up again, but if not, then I get a good warning that there is something behind me! But upstairs in a house? Not so far, but it would be cool. You can feel too safe in houses…

1 Like

For me this is quite common. Once they’re inside they can climb stairs (in some way). This is why I immediately go after the “trespassers” once they’re inside. This has always highest priority for me during fights :grin:

1 Like

I just today took a picture of one hunter in a room which had a barricaded door inside the house, there was no way for me to get in. But the hunter, poor thing, could not get out.

2 Likes

I had this during the Björntunet hotell defense mission where a whole wave glitched into a hotel room I could not get in and they were stuck there forever. Another wave took possession of the emergency staircase :joy:

This is happening sometimes and I think it’s related to the same “mechanics” as glitching into houses/rooms itself. Runners and Hunters are sometimes running around wildly like a bunch of hens and because of collisions with each other and the “world” they tend to get bounced off and may glitch into these places.
Maybe the same happened here, the runner jumped around got bounced off from staircase and railing up to the upper floor. :man_shrugging:

On a side note: I remember two Hunters that unnoticed glitched behind me on the upper level of a barn…
That was a surprise… :scream:

Btw it was a barn without a ramp to the upper level…

1 Like

Haha, that in combination with the sound loss that happen for me makes a huge jumpscare. Most times the scream sound when they intend to jump and knife you get lost. So I just get knifed down. … and some people play horror games for that jumpscare :joy:

2 Likes

They even make for some scenic pictures sometimes…

1 Like

Yesterday I stumbled over a perfect example of glitching machines. It’s not only that a hunter glitched through a wall while it was behind an object (an probably not rendered), two runners glitched outside as well and were all of a sudden behind me. The first runner managed to glitch outside of the building while the building was in front of me and appeared behind me for some reason. This not only suggests that not rendered walls are completely ignored during the machines pathfinding it also hints to a flawed pathfinding as well. I can’t think of a mechanism how the first runner could appear where he appeared:

I really don’t mind machines running around in rooms where they fit in like runners in houses or hunters and even harvesters in aircraft hangars. But having machines enter or exit enclosed areas without a proper path really needs to stop in my opinion.

2 Likes