When did you first play GZ?

I started playing GZ on 21st of April 2019 not long after launch, I had watched BaronVonGames vid on the game and immediately decided this was a must have! I was 100% correct
I want to know when other people got the game and started there adventure into GZ. Apologies to the Mods if i have created a duplicate topic, I did search first! What brought you to this game?

2 Likes

Oh man not actually that far back! I first bought, installed, and played the game January 4th 2020. So just over 7 months now. I had first heard about the game from Draegast, On of IGP’s buddies Though this was probably back in Alpha. I then did not hear about it again till IGP’s vid. It then went dark for a lil, then during christmas break i started watching those vids again, and thought, this games looks cool as hell. I then got it and been loving it ever since. Have 360 hours in, and all trophies. The graphics are amazing and my pc runs it well.

3 Likes

I bought it on Steam, a few days after launch. I remember watching various youtubers play the beta, and I found the premise really interesting. As someone who grew up in 1980’s Sweden it felt so cool to be able to play a game where you understood the language spoken and the unique setting.

I also watched Den Blomstertid Nu Kommer, a movie made the year before about Sweden being invaded, which hyped me up even more :smile:

5 Likes

I bought the game on Steam and installed it on December 31, 2019. This is my very first first person shooter. I watched a lot of games and got this one recommended by a friend. I didn’t want a shooter where I had to shoot people or slit throats. I had looked at Farcray, Dying light, Assasins Creed, Sniper, Call of Duty. My friend had them all and I got to try them out once. All nice games but not for me. I usually play flight simulators, airobatic simulators and driving simulators like Eurotruck.
GZ had me especially under its spell. I think the graphics, the atmosphere and the game itself are great. And since then I have had a lot of fun. The opportunity to play with friends is also great. We have practiced this a number of times. We are connected via Teamspeak, which increases the gaming experience because you don’t need to type in a chat.

3 Likes

The very 1st gameplay video i saw about GZ, was way back in February 2nd, 2019 (thanks to Firefox history) and it was this one:

This was also my 1st time learning about GZ. Watched few more GZ Beta gameplay vids and wishlisted the GZ in my Steam.

GZ officially launched March 26th, 2019.

I bought the GZ April 10th, 2019 (thanks to Steam purchase history) and got my “First Blood” achievement on: 10 Apr, 2019 @ 2:29am.

4 Likes

Day 1

2 Likes

what a gamer moment. wonder how 18% of people did not get this

3 Likes

You know that’s a fair point, the first runner is like 100ft away!

2 Likes

maybe they got a crash, and were just like “yeet”

2 Likes

Well, to dive into it a little deeper - this game was actually recommended to me by my best mate of over 20 years. 4 of us got it in release, and only 1 survived.

Diesel got the DLC and wanted to give it another go. She convinced me to try it again, and here we are.

2 Likes

I got it very late April of this year, the 29th in fact. I watched first IGP’s video, thought that it looked pretty cool, but then I forgot about it after a while. Then after watching a video of Terminator: Resistance, I remembered this game and then bought it.

3 Likes

Purchased it mid June 2020 with leftover PSN currency after buying Ghost of Tsushima (which I highly, highly recommend despite the complete lack of ominous machines), it was on for 16 dollars! Looked up a few reviews, was very impressed. The day of my first trophy (which I know was the first time I played) was July 3rd. This game has been an intense, scary, frustrating, challenging, and amazing experience!

2 Likes

One of the few games I have pre-purchased, so since march 26’th 2019, about 7:30 PM, immediately after my kid had gone to bed! :joy:
Have played it ever since, but with a few long and a few short breaks to play other great games. :blush::+1:

4 Likes

Ah…good another #day1survivor

3 Likes

I played the beta, but didn’t get the full game til a month after launch. I’m currently taking a break waiting for FNIX Rising on PS4.

1 Like

Not many new players it seems…

:thinking::flushed::man_shrugging::disappointed_relieved::cry:

1 Like

Wow I stand corrected…my first Trophy was July 15th, not July 3rd (2020)

And as of August 9th I’ll have my Platinum trophy! Nice!

1 Like

Anyone slightly confused by this???
image image
my achievements are messed up.

1 Like

I first played in March of 2019. Couldn’t figure out what I was supposed to do, the dogs kept killing me and I ran out of ammo. Went on to another game. Then April of 2020 my son got the game, wanted to play (online) so I started again. Much more fun this time, now I have over 600 hrs. in the game. I just like shooting up robots…

1 Like

The game got a lot funner for me when I finally conquered my fear and went out and started learning how to kill the machines!

@sealbee

1 Like