Where is your Companion? NOW! (Poll)

My Companion is probably gathering dust on a storage unit somewhere. I’ve always preferred
to play alone. Though in my own headcanon, I’d like to think I’m working on my own little project
to upload him to a Tank instead. Far more useful :smiley:

My companion still have some faulty memory circuits from factory and starts freelancing and picking new fights not included in the mission with somehing 10x more powerful when you need it most, for example as a medic.
So I just carrying “It” as a big decoy to throw out when needed. Better “It” than me. :grin:

After much trial and error I came to the same conclusion, clearing out runners and lynx with the rocket launcher is it best utility. Does decent damage to big stuff too it seems. Hitrate on firebird pretty low :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What is the best armor for him?
The Exceptional runner armor (normal one) or the exceptional concussive armor?

Bonus for anyone (I at least did not know) I discovered yesterday that if our companion destroys a rival he gets a lot of points, i got 50 from a simple hunter rival.

1 Like

What are the points for?
Oh, schematic points?
I didn’t even remember them. I had enough for everything so fast that I didn’t notice how I got them :sweat_smile:

I use the 4c armor against bullets in general.
I guess it depends on the regions and enemies you use it for.

I also have the rocket launching scout runner. Works well to do the weekly missions and spot the machines. Also makes fighting the machines a little more interesting when you try to use the G key to keep the runner behind cover when the fighting starts. It is the same for taking out bases quickly.

When you know you are taking on hunters and runners, the companion can play the part of overwatch well. Even if it costs a few repair kits to keep it in the game, its fun and useful, for me.

2 Likes

I keep Sir Silver Fang with me at all times! I keep armor prepared for him too! I use the speak and spell voice, I like listening to him as work in my stations. I realize many would find him annoying, but for some reason enjoy him! I even at times find myself responding to him! I know, I know, I’m crazy! But hey, if it were anything close to real life, he would be what would keep me sane … well, that is if you can label me sane! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I use the concussive armor! I maxed it out and keep extra on me! I feel like it works best IMO. :smile: :+1:

I’m pierced through the heart! :rofl: :rofl: Nah, I get it. You probably definitely wouldn’t want to use the package I have for him! He’s got the speak and spell voice and talk A LOT!! But I love it!

Say it isn’t so! I love the little guy! But I understand, its not everyone’s cup of tea! I had been asking for him for so long! He’s been awesome! But I get it - just not for everyone! :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Me too :crazy_face:

I currently don’t know how the sound module is called. It’s this robotic voice.

2 Likes

Just some friendly advice. If you have a Companion in your Plundera you might want to take it out before the new update drops. Just to be safe. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh? Why is that? :dizzy_face: Can you explain this?

That’s the only reason.
Although it’s possible to drop the companion to the plundra, I guess it’s not really intended. You can only have one companion per character, but all characters share the same plundra.
Dropping a companion to the plundra and picking it up with an other character may cause issues like totally losing the companion for at least one character.

As updates may change parts of systems in the background it is possible that it may cause issues when using unintended (but possible) features.

Example:
If the devs fix that it’s possible to drop the companion to the plundra by disabling this ability, it could also have the effect that it isn’t possible any more to move it back from the plundra to the inventory. In that case the companion would be lost, too.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining Madchaser!

Sorry guys for being too subtle.
I was trying not to break my NDA as a Beta Tester.

Hopefully, they are making a hot fix for the Companion stuck in the Plundra bug.

2 Likes

Too inefficient for combat operations. In battle, it’s in the ditch after a few minutes and has to be repaired while FNIX or the Soviets kick me in the back. But then I have no time for the tin can. It costs resources again and should force me to grind. Nah!

But sometimes useful as a pack mule.

I guess it depends on the situations and the used armor.

In some battles it was very helpful yesterday, at least as durable distraction, in others I had to repair it too often, for example because a harvester rival made frequent one-shot-kills on my companion.

Two things I just noticed since the update:

• There were many (3 or 4 times) situations where I was pushed or thrown away or into the sky by my companion.
  • in marden command Bunker the companion shot wildly around and destroyed the whole interior, as if there would be machines just above the warboard room in the ground.

Went afk in one of my resistence bases a bit north… Stupid idea!

In the 4-5min I was away that base was turned to smoking ruins and I was downed after “It” apperently found it to be a good idea to send some HEDP’s after a Firebird. :man_facepalming:

Leason learned - Never go afk with your companion loose!

2 Likes

wait wait wait can you actually designate targets for the lil guy now, instead of just crying havoc and throwing him down to do whatever?? is it with the new waypoint action (“G” by default on PC, idk what it’s actually called)?

Yes, you can do that since the community requests Update.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t pull companion out of storage box