Which muzzle should I use for the AG4?

I just got my exp AG4 yesterday (it is a beautiful weapon) and I’m using a 4c barrel extension on it, should I be looking for a suppressor, compensator, or try to go for the 5c extender in the future? It doesn’t have too much recoil, but I’ve heard that the extender does very little for accuracy. And I really don’t need it to be suppressed because if I will most likely be seen by the time I pull out my AG4.

None of the attachments for barrels do anything to accuracy as far as im aware and ARs dont get compensators. Imo i would go for a 5c barrel extension but this is completely player choice on what to use for the barrels on any weapon.

3 Likes

Thanks indom helpful as always <3

1 Like

I carry and use the 5* silencer and the 5* ext barrel. The silencer works great for solo GP shooting and closer range sniping. The ext barrel for co-op play and need a little more noise and fire power. Your results may vary.

I originally went for the Suppressor but quickly learned that stealth in the game is only really effective until the first kill or so. Unless you are a great distance away. So, after dropping the first runner, the rest were “aware” and looking for me. After that, switched to the Barrel Extension and kept the Suppressor on the pistol.

Just like me.

I liked the sound of my surpressed exp ag4.
But I felt, that the damage output with extended barrel was greater, so I switched.

I would like to play more often more stealthy, but the effect of the silencers is not good enough in my eyes.

2 Likes

This may sound crazy but try the Russian sniper rifle, silenced and shock ammo. On runners and hunters it does a nice job of not drawing attention as easy as any other silenced weapon. Even when it takes several shots for one machine.

My AG4 has 7.62mm FMJ, 5c Barrel Ext., 5c Mag, IR/OPV vision and 5c 4-8x Rifle Scope.
I dunno why but I find tons of attachments and FAR TOO MANY COM-10s

I like to go with a barrel extension on the AG-4 because I think that suppressing a battle rifle is a big goofy. To be honest though, I really haven’t noticed much of a difference between using the extension or taking it off. The suppressor feels more noticeably effective, but even that’s only useful if you’re trying to be sneaky.

The barrel extension also gives the AG-4 a sort of PSG-1/MSG90 look:

I carry and use both the extended barrel and the silence barrel and trade them out for the battle at hand.

I’m experiencing the same thing, often lynx’s will just sit there staring in my general direction. It lets me pick them off one at a time without getting motored into oblivion.

theres always and reason why on everysingle muzzles can be useful silencers makes it easier for you to see through the scope (if using 4-8x scope) barrel exntended is better accuarcy for long ranges, the reason why its better accuarcy is that bullets has bullet drop. example as magnus or the rocketlauncher has hte highest bullet drop from what i learned. the other muzzles has been not figured out.

I say use the extended barrel for the AG4.

You can use either the bow, a silenced .44 Magnus, a silenced 12 GA shotgun or a silenced .243/.270 hunting rifle to one-shot Runners quietly.

With everything else I see no use in bothering with a silencer. I use ext. barrels for SMG’s and assault rifles, compensators for LMG’s, chokes for shotguns and silencers for sniper/hunting rifles. :blush:

1 Like

What the Barrel extender is supposed to do is increase the Muzzle Velocity so it more or less increases accuracy, so if you are going for a weak point you are more likely to hit where you are targeting. Does not make much difference at close range, but longer ranges it would make a difference, imho. So in that sense it does increase damage.

The suppressor makes things quieter and rewards stealthy play, but once the machines start shooting and screaming for help, it makes little difference. It might help the machines loose track of you temporarily, but if they are spread around the area someone is going to see you. The AI is very good at spreading around to break your cover.

I did an experiment,
SUPPRESSED 5c Meusser (5c silencer) - 1 shot fired about 100m away, Not detected
UNSUPPRESSED 5c Meusser - 1 shot fired about 100m away, detected

1 Like

What if higher class scopes could have a built in range meter?
(for lower levels or guns without scopes you would have to use binoculars for this information… Or another Player as spotter.)

Silencers on the other hand should have an addition to their describtion, for which distances they work as expected.

1 Like