Why grenades were nerfed?

1 year ago grenades were used to take 3 seconds to explode when you pulled the pin.
But now they nerfed into making 5 seconds long. It doesn’t make sense that they nerfed something where almost no one uses.
Like grenades are already garbage because we have rockets but they just nerfed the grenades.
They should’ve buffed it, not nerf it.

Not alot of people noticed this nerf because almost no one uses it!

1 Like

Many noticed it.
There already were topics about that.
There was even one update where it changed back to the 3s timer, but with the next update it changed again to the 5s.

I’m with you.

I use grenades quite a lot. Specially stealth take down of FNIX base core is handy with hand grenades.
Like machine rockets explode trough walls, i use this same tactic against them. Throw grenades inside house against walls where you see yellow/red light beams. Or you are sure there is enemy behind.
That 5sec timer is sometimes annoying, as machines relocate their position around building according where they think or know you are.

I agree, it’s a weird change. I rarely use grenades now because of it.

it’s a real-world safety OSHA requirement, 5-sec, I guess they implemented this into the game

The faster timer was more fun to use the grenades at the right moment. And with the longer timer and a long throw, the grenade has time to bounce and who knows where it will explode.

1 Like

I’ve got an idea.
Of course a 5s timer may be the real life equivalent.
But other than in real life, they are now used against highly agile machines, not against humen.

What if we could chose the timer?
Well, you may say that you actually can do that by cooking the grenade, but that’s not the same. We already stated that they become useless if we need so many seconds to use a grenade, cook it, throw it and hope for a good throw to hit the target.

There could be “firing modes” for grenades. Like you can change whether to shoot single rounds, bursts or full auto, you could be able to set the grenades timers to, for example, 1s, 3s or 5s.

• Support idea
0 voters

There was a bug related to fuse time that actually made it shorter than intended, the first fix we deployed caused crashes, so it was reverted before being properly fixed. That’s what led to the changes @Madchaser mentioned.
I’ve now brought this up with Design to look at shortening the time again, on purpose this time

3 Likes

I am for the timer to be reset back to the OEM fuss time. If I remember correctly, there were a number of players that had the grenade stick to their hand and blowing up the player.

Could be worse… Holy hand grenade is just a collectors item…