Will G-Zero offer Super Ultra-Wide Monitor Support?

This is the Samsung C49HG90 49" Gaming Monitor

It runs at 3840 x 1080 (32:9 aspect ratio)

Will Generation Zero support this resolution?

It’s Big

It’s Beautiful

But it can have problems with poor support

Example BAD display support - cuts off important screen elements (improper zoom)

Example BAD display support - HUD elements so far to the sides it gives people neck issues…

But when it’s good, it’s REALLY good.

Example GOOD display support - HUD in right spot = a superb experience

The closest you can get to a VR experience without actually getting a VR helmet - because it’s big, REALLY BIG…

Example VR-like Gaming experience

I hope Avalanch Studios will support these new resolutions with Generation Zero, these things are coming, Several big name manufacturers are starting to make and market monitors at this display resolution. They are not common yet, I own one and I love it. And it would be amazing if Generation Zero Supports it.

Here’s hoping!

(Further Notes)

The monitor has a a super-fast 1ms MPRT (motion picture response time) thus eliminating motion blur across the entire screen. It also runs at 144Hz (that’s 144 fps it can display) and has AMD’s Freesync 2 support.

This resolution is equivalent to two Full HD (1920 × 1080) displays side-by-side, or one vertical half of a 4K UHD (3840 × 2160) display, with an aspect ratio of 32:9. It is an approximation of 36:10, the ratio of IMAX UltraWideScreen 3.6. Samsung monitors at this resolution contain built in firmware to divide the screen into two 1920 × 1080 screens, or one 2560 × 1080 and one 1280 × 1080 screen.

(Edit - Thanks to Linus Tech Tips on youtube, i snagged pics from his review of this monitor for this post, giving credit where it’s due!)

32:9? Jeez, Hardware producers just don’t know where to stop, don’t they :smiley: I’m fairly sure that that kind of resolution is not supported.

Support would likely only require some interface scaling. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

Don’t expect it, though :smiley: God knows the devs have different stuff on their mind right now

32:9 makes perfect sense as it’s basically two 16:9 monitors in one. As someone with a dual head set up, I’d love to get one of these

I have to say it’s wonderful on games it works with.

It runs fine on Monster Hunter World for example (With a community maintained mod), and that game looks gorgeous on the thing.

Here are a few screenshots.

The coolest part is that it fills up your peripheral vision quite a bit. Allowing for much more convincing immersion in the game.

Remember, this screen is over 4 feet wide. That’s taller than some of the people I work with! (if it’s stood on it’s side). It’s a monster of a screen.