Worst robot enemies?

When 3-4 hunters running on you first your step to find some sort of cover;))

I actually have a maybe unpopular opinion here;
I don’t hate any of the machines, i’m actually the total opposite where i love all of them :sweat_smile:
I love the rocket doggo’s they’re absolutely diabolical, and the apoco bots are my new worst enemy but in no way does that make me actually hate them, again i love the challenge :smiley:
The machines were a big part of why GZ was so interesting to me back when i saw those early beta players getting mucked up by these fearsome machines, so i’d be hard pressed to actually hate any of them!

3 Likes

You are such an admirable person, tene.

3 Likes

Well, yeah. You’re absolutely right, I love all of the machines. My disliking of them is more of a… Hm, tactical standpoint, I think? That I’m forced to switch up my approach during combat and adapt when one of those “less desirable” machine types join the fray, and I’m unable to keep up.

That’s how they win, y’know :robot:

2 Likes

That’s fair, tactile distaste is maybe a better word to use than hate! :smiley: But even then i kinda thrive on those moments… the “WOAH WHAT” reaction when you get side winded by a rocket doggo is always exhilarating for me :slight_smile: maybe i’m just twisted after playing this game for so long now :joy:

1 Like

Man I hate when people don’t get my sarcasm.

2 Likes

Well, the topic is about the worst machines, not the most hated one. To me, there’s a diff.
I don’t hate any of them either, i just don’t like them all at the same level, where hunters are at the bottom of the barrel.

Or leg it. No machine can shoot while moving (chasing after you) and if you keep moving, hunters can’t flank you that easily.
Though, apo hunter’s mortar cluster grenade damages you through the roof of single story building (e.g green 3-door military shack), making possible cover choices even smaller.

Hate was just a figure of speech here. Obviously.

1 Like

Thank you man, so exactly as peg said, it’s just for the sake of not being redundant and maybe to add a bit of hyperbole to it all. :grin:

Actually you can take their grenade launcher and flamethrower, but their health will be really low after that (if they are still standing).

That’s what I was trying to say.

1. You see the red laser beam aiming you. Take cover, move. Smoke grenade helps to block line of sight, throw it between you and and that missile dog line of fire.

2. You hear loading sound when Hunter prepares to fire its weapon. Move to cover, dont stay open or out of cover.
    Gas launcher i try to shoot the launcher of from the Hunter quickly as i can to limit amount of gas rounds they can shoot. This weapon dont have warning or sound. Only after it has been fired the small amount of time when gas round is flying.

3. Ticks are just fun pets, harmless little creatures. Easily dispatched with side arm, or main weapons. Flares work wonders and even make them to attack their own master. And sticky flares makes it even better.

4. These are somewhat dangerous from close distance, watch them and dont let them come too close. Flares/Fireworks gives you breathing room and time to get distance. Or destroy them.

5. These are dangerous when they have Runners and Hunters helping them, but alone they are quite easy prey, with new exp. weapons.

*. Dont forget set up traps for robots, lure them into places where you want to easy picking. Or avoid fight when its not needed.
**. Flares / fireworks are your ultimate distracting tool, and can be found plentiful amounts around. Use them.

Adapt to the situation, learn new tactics, and you will become ultimate robot hunter in Sweden. There are lots of good discussion of tactics in these forums. Lots of tactics, tips and tricks to help you.

1 Like

This thread seems to confuse some. We are not asking for help or expressing our helplessness here. We are posting which robots we “despise” most because they are a tough nut to crack when encountered in the wild. Sometimes we like to express that. That is all.

1 Like

Useful tips and all but I’m ok. I like the fact that I need to pick and chose my battles.

Tanks can be a nightmare. One single isolated unit is vulnerable. But the other day when I was doing the smuggler mission up in the Swamplands Region, I actually encountered four (!) FNIX Tanks that were patrolling the same small area. With the added risk of nearby enemies joining the fray, I chose to abandon my plans for that mission and return at a later time.

I don’t mind that at all. At times when you encounter overwhelming odds, you need to pull back and rethink your options. Felt pretty nice to see a threat like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good point, makes the whole thing feel authentic. Imagine 4 apo hunters join the party in case you thought “Challenge accepted”.

I hate ticks like I get so mad at the tanks that just make them.

For the original question, none of the robots annoy me.

Now I’m finding civvies lying dead, all the machines annoy me - now it’s personal. Now they’ve hacked me off: now they reap the whirlwind. All going their way, wasn’t it, until I showed up. Chummy is right to be scared of me - I’ll find the prat, and then he’s toast. Meanwhile I can feel the need from some scrap metal coming on. I love the way they twitch