[XB1] Did the patch mess up existing saves or are new games just as hard now?

What I am trying to find out is whether you can continue an existing game after the patch or is it required to start a new game.

The difficulty has ramped up significantly and I am finding it difficult to continue.

Do I need to start over or is it just as difficult with a new game.

I know a lot of players wanted more difficulty but a lot of players were happy with the existing difficulty. Unfortunately only the players that wanted the extra difficulty were vocal and it seems the developers listened to them.

Add difficulty levels or something.

I am working through the Muskudden Port Complex (which I have already been through pre-patch) but being constantly attacked. Can’t sneak past robots and complete mission (Back on Track).

Low adrenaline, low health, and no ammo left. Can not continue further as I can’t get past a walker.

Had got really far in game pre-patch but now can’t progress at all.

I am looking at putting this game aside and returning to the Division 2.

But i really enjoyed this game pre-patch and can’t believe a single patch changed it so much.

2 Likes

Enemies seem to spot you from farther away now, particularly tanks and hunters. It definitely makes the game more challenging.

But what messed things up is that now your clothing no longer provides any stats for armour protection (they broke it in the patch). You take far more damage than you used to, meaning even a small group of runners can tear you to shreds easily. Add to that the lack of any adrenaline in the game, and it seems that they’ve upper it to “hard survival” for everyone now, like it or not.

Honestly, I’m not enjoying the game at all now. I’m finding it hard to play, and I’m not counting on another patch for at least a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not enjoying the game at all now. I’m finding it hard to play, and I’m not counting on another patch for at least a couple of weeks.

That’s exactly where I am…

I’m a casual gamer. I get a couple of hours to play here and there. Switching it to sudden ultra-hardcore mode just basically ruined the fun for me.

1 Like

They fixed the range that the bots can spot you from, apparently there was a bug in that chunk of code.

TBH I had decided that they were rather too short sighted before the patch, however I’m not sure if they gave them too much range now.

They also spot you much better when hiding (but it may be because it was a top end hunter I was hiding from.)

After i installed the latest patch im now having to start again even though i got to the church and completed that mission. I am now back to just having my hand gun. Really annoyed about the crappy game save function.

1 Like