[Xbox] Game crashing reports post hotfix

Installed the update today. Started up fine but is crashing more often than it did within the game pre-update.

I am:-

• Playing in coop
  • Playing on the Xbox One X
  • Playing on 4K resolution with 60hz refresh rate
  • I have the DLCs installed

Description: hot fix was successful for fixing my login issue, but seemingly created a crashing issue for my father. Seemingly 30 minutes into playing and/or when in combat the game freeze crashes to xbox home. He did not experience the login freeze issue that I did.

Steps To Reproduce: play the game, kill things like usual [edit: 100% chance of crashing the game when picking up a previously deployed landmine]

Images / Videos: n/a

Host or Client: n/a

Players in your game: solo

Xbox model and game version: xbox one (standard pattern?) Latest version.

Description: Game crashed three times in less than a half hour. All three times I was in battle with multiple enemies. Noticed a lot more crashes since the hotfix on Oct. 5th, before it was just once in a while a crash would happen. I only have the Alpine Unrest DLC.

Steps To Reproduce: Fight multiple enemies at once.

Images / Videos: None

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Solo, single player

Xbox model and game version: Xbox One S v 1.0.11.26.

1 Like

@Grizzlybear2013 Please follow the bug report form seen in the 1st post in this topic.

Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Images / Videos: None

**Host or Client:**Host -Solo play

Players in your game: 1

**Xbox model and game version:**XBox 1
I am not experiencing the start up freeze, apparently that has been fixed. Now the problem is 30 minutes into a mission game locks up and freezes and sends me back to log in page. This happened 6 times as I was killing bots in the Ringfort Fort mission when on wave 2, then it finally let me finish the mission after restarting the 7th time. Now in mission where following armored truck down the road and vs the Tank it freezes up every time I take the tank health down to 20+ health, 7 times so far! When I load back in the truck is still in the position in front of the Tank and I get a new bike and travel to where the truck is to initiate fight, Tank is always back at full health . Have tried putting a fast track radio in the area to respawn in that area but the radio disappears as well on restart.
Any ideas?

Steps To Reproduce:
Engaging in combat, spawning, fast traveling.
All of these things will cause a prolonged freeze with a huge buzz before being returned to XBOX Dash. I seem to walk around and loot ok but these things are a definite trigger for me. Sometimes itā€™s 30min, sometimes itā€™s just 6min.

Images / Videos:
None.

Host or Client:
Host.

Players in your game:
Solo.

Xbox model and game version:
XBOX ONE.
Has been occurring severely since the latest patch.
However I donā€™t believe itā€™s a result of the hotfix as I remember many crashed prior to this even before the whole login issue.

Thanks guys.

Description: I am still stuck on the loading screen bug I have uninstalled and reinstalled and did not work

Steps To Reproduce: none

Images / Videos: none

**Host or Client:**none

**Players in your game:**none

Xbox model and game version: Xbox one x and i do not have the DLC

Me FnordyWings134 (Xbox GT)
After the menu crash bug was fixed i was finally able to play some GZ and do the DLC, but i had a problem i was fighting some tanks (before that i was on the Alpine Unrest island trying to fight a Apocaliplse Rival Harverster but my game crashed) so i was doing the mission where you have to set up the Ring Fort i was trying to find the supplies and there were tanks in the way, i was fighting them but in the middle of combat my game just decided to crash, i loaded the game back in, and the same problem happend again when i went back to re-fight the Tanks

In the fight, the game shuts down, every Our!! Whats Happen with the developers? Bevore the Patch no problems.

@FnordyWings134 and @Herge, please follow the bug report form seen in the 1st post in this topic.

Also, this topic isnā€™t for discussion of crashing issues but instead for reporting crashing issues. Any further discussion replies will be removed to keep this topic tidy and on point.

//Mod

**Description:**After the start up fix, every time I am in battle my game freezes, crashes and kicks me out.

**Steps To Reproduce:**Start a battle

**Images / Videos:**N/A

**Host or Client:**N/A

**Players in your game:**1

**Xbox model and game version:**Xbox One S v 1.0.11.26

Description: when fighting a group of machines, the game hard crashes

Steps To Reproduce: attack any group of enemies with 2+ hunters

Images / Videos: none

Host or Client: host

Players in your game: 1 player

Xbox model and game version: Xbox one S v.1903375

Description: Downloaded the hotfix and the game still crashes on login screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the issue persists.

Steps To Reproduce: Start the game and attempt to login.

Images / Videos: N/A

Host or Client: Myself

Players in your game: Zero.

Xbox model and game version: Xbox one S

Iā€™ve been exceedingly patient, was promised a fix, and nothing has changed. Iā€™m posting this a second time because Iā€™ve received nothing in response to the biggest issue Generation Zero has ever had in its lifetime. Itā€™s unplayable still, the developers are really nice people, and I was happy to support them, but after taking the time to wait, download the update, and then reinstall the game in futility, still nothing has changed. Are the remaining people who still canā€™t even log into the game going to be addressed at all? Is this not a major issue? Iā€™m not seeing anything anywhere about it, and frankly patience is a finite resource.

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s been noticed by now. But it has also been only a few days since the patch was released, so itā€™s highly likely theyā€™re still wanting to gather information from as many as possible before making a statement.

Description: Game crashes when Iā€™m in a fighting with at least one hunter, at night - It feels like it only happens when Iā€™m about to get the upper hand.

Steps To Reproduce: Fight a pack of machines with at least 1 hunter at night. Placing a field radio immediately before the fight seems to guarantee it happening.

Images / Videos: N/A

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1

Xbox model and game version: Xbox One S - latest game update installed (didnā€™t experience any crashes prior)

Description: Game crash when hunters deploy ticks happens most when fighting more than 1 hunter.

Steps to Reproduce: get into scuffle with a hunter pack and get close enough they deploy ticks happens 8/10 times for me

Image/Vids: N/A

Host

Playing solo

Xb1 S and v.1903375/latest version

PS: Idk if this goes here or if It should be a new thread/topic

Hey Everyone,

and thanks a bunch for all the reports youā€™ve been submitting here! Weā€™re looking into what might cause these crashes and hope to have an update on the matter soon. Will keep you all posted!

Have a great one!

pontus

4 Likes

Description:

I bought the game a while ago, and honestly just started getting into it but now whenever I fight a hunter and it gets too close or just close to a tank (not combat) my game crashes.

Steps To Reproduce:

Start fight with hunter, hunter gets within jump melee range, game crashes.

Images / Videos:

none

Host or Client:

Solo play

Players in your game:

Only me

Xbox model and game version:

Xbox Series X, No DLC

1 Like

Description: Crash on login screen, this just started today

Steps To Reproduce: Try to log in

Images / Videos: NA

Host or Client: NA

Players in your game: NA

Xbox model and game version: XB1S 1.0.11.26 (no DLC)

Prior to today I have not had this issue. I logged in to the XBox with my other profile and was able to start a new game. Since Iā€™m new to the game I then logged in on the original profile & deleted my save file (delete everywhere) and that got me past the log in screen and able to start a new game.

I know you already know about this issue but I just wanted to share what I did to be able to play. It seems to me the crash is related to the save file, but perhaps you already know that as well.

Game is randomly crashing now more for me post hotfix.
Walking, running, using medpack, in battle/out of battle. No crashes on loading screen. Play offline (turn setting off so not connected to Internet - like playing solo, its just me vs all of them)
Crashed on me at least 4 times in 2 hours of playing today.
Purchased game in February 2020, have Alpine Unrest, not the new DLC, on Xbox One S. I also provided my gamertag to the developers/Microsoft to analyze the file during the last few challenges.
Leveled up one character to 31, second character on about 30.
With the March update, the game was working so well, I made the most progress during this time. Since the April 27th update the game has been more glitchy and frustrating to play, I havenā€™t lost my game file or had data loss, just the usual random enemies shooting through walls, teleporting into buildings, difficulty frustrations, etc.

***I really-really like this game thats why I still stick with it. Please developers, donā€™t release more content until game is consistent across PS4/XBOX/PC where we are all on the same page and the game is running solid so we call all enjoy it. Not a fanboy of any system, I just like great games!