Xbox save file problems

I’ve been wanting to do a new playthrough of generation zero for so long, like a painful amount of time, but I just haven’t been able too do to an annoying issue. Alot of things on generation zero saves through characters and worldw, stuff you’ve stored in the storage box, schematics, clothing, and I think there’s some others I can’t name off the top of my head. It’s really annoying, because there are so many other issues, bugs and just general annoyances from this game, that despite being absolutely infuriating, I can look past, it’s still such a good game that I adore with all my heart. But this, I literally cant ignore it, it genuinely hurts the experience so much.

Also this is my first time posting on any forum, so I have no idea if I’m doing this right, pls don’t ban me lel.

So, you’re complaining that you can’t really do a real “new game”, because stuff is shared?

I totally agree with that.

1 Like

Can’t you? Not even if you move the game save files to another location?

i use to get the license update bug that causes my game to get erased, do you get that bug, I back-up my save, in case it does happen again

You can’t move the save files on Xbox, they’re just there. The cloud backup system is pretty much seamless and due to people abusing save files for gain re: achievements & gamerscore on the Xbox 360 Microsoft doesn’t let you move / restore them.

You could in theory just delete local data and then disconnect from the internet and play, it would work temporarily but then when you next play connected to the internet it would ask which save it should use.

However, you can simply delete them permanently if you want to start fresh. Just highlight the Generation Zero tile, press the ‘option’ button, select ‘Manage game & add ons’, then ‘Saved data’.

Pick the save game related to the profile you want to delete and select ‘Delete’ and pick ‘Delete from everywhere’ when it asks you if you want to delete cloud or local data.

this is permanent and you will not be able to restore

1 Like

Definitely don’t wanna resort to deleting absolutely everything, why is this system like this in the first place?