XP, traps in Co-op (Team should share all XP)

First off it’s great to find a game where there are more options than just running and gunning.

So, the other night I’m playing with my 2 kids in co-op. We noticed a bunch of enemies and decided we’ll set a trap for them. They drop me some explosives and take their positions as lookouts whilst I proceed to set the trap. My lookouts constantly keep me updated regarding scouts to avoid me being spotted.

I drop a radio and head back into cover waiting for the boom. We all watch as our trap works even better than expected! Great! NO!

My partners got ZERO XP in this scenario. This is in no way shape or form correct and should seriously be looked at. If there’s an issue with xp leeching then that should be addressed. For starters, and easy fix would be to make the “Invite Only” option share XP for those in range of the action.

This game is certainly not for everyone and many things in the game will shrink it’s audience. Decisions like these are hurting the game necessary - Devs, please reconsider.

See also : No XP from explosive traps

edit: spelling+

3 Likes

My partners got ZERO XP in this scenario.

Out of curiosity, what level were they?

1 Like

I think that for someone to get XP from destroying a machine he/she would have to deal any amount of damage to it. For example Player A hits a machine once with a shot from Moller, and player B finishes it with any other weapon which results in XP gain for both players.

Some coordinated testing could clarify this.

1 Like

I’m level 24, they are in their teens.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure GZ follows the standard ‘tag’ to be eligible for XP rule. It really shouldn’t in pure Co-Op :confused:

1 Like

I think, what @0L0 says makes sense. It is however something I think can be improved, perhaps be made a bit more clear how XP is awarded in situations like that.

I can move this to #feedback-feature-requests if you’d like, feels like a topic that can do more good there.

1 Like

As this issue has already been raised as a bug I assume the devs have concluded their discussion around this. For that reason I’ve posted here ( and to micro-rant :smiley: ), hoping to gather more support rather than dust in the FeedBack/Bug section.

1 Like

GZ doesn’t award combat XP for just “being” there. Players have to actually do something to get combat XP. At bare minimum, that includes “entering combat”.

Once you’re “in combat”, the more you do, the more XP you get. E.g throw flares/fireworks to distract machines if you don’t want to directly engage machines.

The easiest pass, when “entered combat”, is using “Enemy Marking” skill, to spot machines for others.
I’ve done that with my 2nd char and she also has “Veteran Guerilla” skill (more XP from marked machines) and “Designated Target” skill (more damage dealt to marked machines) to compliment the “Enemy Marking” skill.
When i marked the hunter for others but keeping myself “out of combat”, i didn’t get any XP from the combat. Once i “entered the combat”, i got 24 XP when one hunter was killed that i marked for my team.

On the flip side, everybody gets the same amount of XP when mission is completed, regardless if they helped to complete the mission (e.g picking up mission items) or were completely on the other side of the map.
And if you have “Inquisitive Mind” skill, lvl2, you’ll get double the XP per mission. That’s minimum 2000 XP per mission.

1 Like

I am certainly aware of that sad fact.

In this instance “being there” involved planning, spotting, supplying of equipment, readiness to engage etc. Neither the devs nor the software can with 100% certainty say what went down except the people that were involved.

I just want an option for legit people who doesn’t leech or powerlevel to share equally in a team’s victory.

3 Likes

That sharing is already in place in GZ, in form of doing missions.

As far as combat XP goes, i think the current system is good one since it prevents freeloaders.

1 Like

That prevention is already in place in the form of “invite only” games.

1 Like

I do agree, everyone involved in a trap should get XP.

Ive placed a number of traps in cooperation with friends, everyone placed gas tanks, mines and so on, but i placed the radio and shot the gas tank, but i was the only one rewarded for this.

The same thing goes for the challenges, you should be able to cooperatively complete them.
I think that “leechers”, non-helping players, are a far(!) less of a problem than not rewarding teamwork, so everyone within say 200m from a trap should get the rewards.
The “leechers” arent usually nearby anyways, they tend to be on the other side of the map, killing my rivals… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes