Yeah erhm gonna be a loong one

So me and my GF weve play the base game still thinking about the expansions. I dont whant to sound bitchy and sorry if i sound bitchy or complaining sorry in advance.

Lets talk about the explosives. Grenades are fine they do actually get the job done by mediums and small robots.

Than we come to harvesters and tanks… ohh dear now we got a problem. Actually getting close to those is erhm dodgy at the best of time.
Why is getting close to them a dangerous prospect.

Well orange to green tanks and harvesters exept green harvester. have a push. (does way to much dmg if it did 10dmg and made you fly a bit it wouldnt be a problem but ehh nope it can actually outright kill you if your to close and your low hp.)

Gas clouds from the rest and fire their range is around 20-50meters in that range… Thats very far for something that should disapear very fast with the wind. Exept fire ofc…
So getting close to them is a bit dodgy.
Because you still have to avoid harvesters mediums and the tanks firing at you. Yeah and with that aimbot they got even than its dodgy.
so yeah thats intresting. Atleast is harder but not in a good way.

Than we have the grenade launcher wich looks like a bazooka. Called the granagevær m/49…
you would think it is a good weapons.
Yes it is a very good weapon just not against tanks and harvesters.
Anything else bigger than a medium naaahhh… dont even go for it you will just be wasting ammo.
That does kinda mean its uses is ehhh very little…

Why would you choose a heavy weapon like this when the kvm59 and kvm89 does a better job actually any weapon does a better job with exeption to pistols perhaps.
The reason being ammo is easier to come by.
Smoke rounds are useless cause robots detected you yeah you cannot hide. sometimes you can sometimes not dodgy prospect that one.
EMP rounds yeah if you got friends. Defo use them they are awsome!
Explosive rounds ehhh for dogs and mediums? not recomended it have slow reload and you will be using two rounds atleast for mediums.
Better pick them off from range and close range.

So the granatgevær is pretty much useless in many things… It got nerfed waaay to hard with the explosives rounds… soo meh? May i suggest that we fix that and give a buff?

So how do me and my GF go around taking down tanks and harvesters.
Well first of all we use the 12g experimental shotgun! well one of us.
Than we run up to it and shoot it and tadaaa stun locked! yes we stun lock it in place! 30% reload speed is recomended. :stuck_out_tongue:
and than one of us rapid fire weapon and tadaaaa its dead pretty damn fast.
That is if we can get close to it.

So what i do is fireing shots at it so i attract it and she goes behind it and starts with shotgun and thats it…
Thats so easy…
soo thats a bit meh…

I think we should work on balance issues on robots and the weapons… theres a big issue atm with explosives and that should be dealt with.
I also think tanks and harvesters are to accurate many times we just die without the 12g stunlock shotgun… its silly i think we should be adressing it as soon as possible.

1 Like

A HE- rocket in real life has two settings; contact detonation and time delayed detonation.
Its intended targets are soft targets (humans) in cover and non-armored vehicles.
So if youre up against an enemy tank, you better have packed those armour piercing high explosive rockets.

So the game version of the GRG is apppearantly pretty close to real world, we’re just missing the AP-HE rockets…

I use grenades alot against harvesters too, strafing around them while throwing 10+ grenades at them.
Pretty much all of my encounters with anything larger than a few runners includes some tactical planning, perphaps even boobytraps, mines, gas tanks and possibly even lures/radios.
The layout of my average battle is very much guerilla, with a dash of blitz. I sneak up towards the enemy, preferably from the rear and try to take out smaller foes using a silened hunting rifle (one-shot the runners gas tanks on their backs), then switching to .50cal rifle for more punch, taking out hunters and tank/harvey armaments while tactically retreating and attacking from other angles, sometimes using firecrackers and flares to confuse my enemy. the lmg’s are used against enemies that run up to me, and against tanks/harveys as a finishing move.
Always be on the move, concentrate your efforts on any harveys as they are prioritized targets and need to go down first. Also, avoid shooting any spawned hunters, since that prevents harveys from spawning in more.

I tend to save EMP rockets for rivals as they are alot(!) tougher than their non-rival counterparts, but i use the HE-rockets pretty often, especially against packs of enemies.
I sometimes go rambo on first approach, with GRG and LMG equipped, firing rockets, then LMG before retreating for a dual reload, rinse&repeat.

If youre playing with a friend, distribute your workload! one player is sniper with perhaps a shotgun (for close support) or a LMG, the other player is a rocketeer with a LMG as secondary weapon.
Its often the best tactic to catch the enemy in a crossfire, attacking them from two directions.
Also, when fighting harveys and tanks, use them to your advantage!
Stay close to other enemies and the tanks/harveys will damage robots while trying to hit you. :slight_smile:
The best setup is to have your current target between you and the tank/harvey.

As a final note; the very definition of a aimbot is a bot that helps with aiming… A computer-controlled weapons system IS accurate since there is math involved, calculating trajectories, current target position, movement and expected future position. These sorts of on-the-fly-calculations are very well suited for a targeting computer, so i would actually be pissed if they werent accurate.
I do however feel that they should be easily tricked, running straight and then suddenly turn 90° right should result in a miss, since the computer should expect you to keep the straight line.

3 Likes

actually that is what we do but why plan ahead when one of us starts shooting and the other my better half runs and stuns it in place?

we use our surroundings aswell if we can that is.
Yes HE rockets are for weak targets but you have weakpoints on robots.

So that does means parts should be breaking easier. Faster too when you hit those weakspots but it doesnt.
So we defo need ap rounds i do agree with you in all other prospects.

But the weapon itself is just not that really viable since the other weapons makes mince meat of them faster weather its fmj ammo or amor piercing really doesnt matter. (matters only how many shots you have and are willing to spend on a tank)
so in that regard i would say skip it entirely since youre gonna have extra weight… and the ammo is okayish to come by but its the wrong type of ammo.

And are you telling me that the sweedish army didnt have that in the 80s? come on man.
We are litterly looting army bases… should be good weapons there and some good ammo we could use.
and the right ones too…

Grenades i would only recomend on packs i dont use them that much cause we are cautious.
and its easier to use one grenade and whipe a pack of dogs out or when mediums stands together its nice XD
so thats good they are usefull.
Rockets arent usefull against Fnix tanks and above. Harvesters yes usefull since less hp.

You can easily kill a tank with experimental shotgun… how does that work.
But with a rocket launcher no no 30shots pls before i goes down… thats rather insane.
Sooo for rlf porpouses with experimental gunplay and such doesnt make alot of sense than.

we dont really know the amor speccs on the robots… some are weak some are strong so we can actually argue can we have the intel on that before actually going into a discussion on HE or AP-HE to me it seems redunant to argue about something we dont know about.

Mines are to weak to even bother with on a tank or a harvester. Some mines do fly up in 1m in air and explodes. So in the 1980s we can assume they do that.
So explosions are a bit meh atm. The dmg and such should be a bit higher. but thats my opnion.

I do agree, explosions are too weak atm… But no, im not saying the swedish mil didnt have AP rockets, they did. They also had some bad ass anti armor rifles (search for “Carl Gustav m/42”), but we dont see them in-game eather…

We dont need armor specs, we need anti armor munitions and yes, there’s a big difference between AP and FMJ ammo, especially at higher tier enemies and weapons.

you mean the 20mm anti tank rifle? XDDD

i agree with you inthe explosive side really well thanks for the convo! XD
and yes we do need more guns XD

so theres a few things we need to clear.

HE DUAL porpouse is a HE round made for tanks. so in that regard it should be easier to kill a tank with it than any other weapon.
Yes HE now days is not good against tanks or amored targets.
However it not a heat alone round dual porpouse is a anti tank/personal round.
soo yeah should actually break parts easier and such and make them dead faster i will come back with some numbers so we actually can see the dmg output and then we can take it from there.

HEAT rounds are designed as armor piercing and if we would have HEAT rounds in the game, then we’d have completely different story. However, HEDP rounds are designed for blast and fragmentation attacks on unarmored targets.
That makes HEDP different round than HEAT, with completely different purpose.

Also, there are plethora of different rounds made for tanks and just because a tank can shoot it doesn’t make it armor piercing at instant. E.g tanks can shoot flares, smoke screens and the like but that doesn’t mean all rounds coming out from the tank are armor piercing.

It’s like when you have shotgun with birdshot rounds and you want the birdshot to act like slug rounds, just because it is fired from shotgun.

ohh we agree we have to aim for weakspots…

Weakspots can be penetrated by HE if you know where too shoot.

soo in that regard you are a bit right and a bit wrong.

However if i look at it this way and this is tested.

It took me with kvm59 fmj 7.62 rounds to break tanks legs green mind you in less than 30shots on skirmish and online.
And you have a blast weapon that cannot break it… hmmmmm i wonder if i aim at weakspots if it breaks answer is nooope!
soo i have tested this. and it is silly that we cannot break parts with explosives… weather its canisters of gas or HE rounds or grenades than yeah all depends on ammo and such but you cannot break any parts this is tested…

harvester legs takes around 30shots per leg with a 3star kvm59 (green harvester again and again on skirmish with 1 person.)
you see my point here?

I see your point but you didn’t consider all aspects:

• with 3* KVM, you can damage only one component (part) you are currently shooting at
  • with HEDP rounds, you’ll damage all components in the blast radius

Same is with shotgun and birdshot vs slug rounds. Slug round damages one component while birdshot damages several at once but doesn’t do that great of a damage to single component (since it’s spread out). Exactly the same is with HEDP, it also spreads out it’s damage over a large area.

actually 12g experimental does a better job breaking parts if you shoot at weakpoints than the m/49…

So yes i did consider all aspects.

if i shoot both barrel at the back and the tick thingy on fnix tanks well that thingy whent down pretty fast same with weapons.

So that was not an issue.
M/49 does not…

Remember 12g shotgun does have explosives that blows up when you hit with birdshot or 12g buckshot.