4 player co-op broken?

I know that this might be a bug report, or etc but I was really trying to see if anyone else has run into this.

System specs of computers involved

My PC:
Ryzen 9 3950x
32GB RAM DDR4
RTX 2080TI

Friends PC:
Ryzen 7 3600x
32GB RAM DDR4
RTX 2060 FE

Friends PC (host):
i9-9900k
64GB RAM DDR4
RTX 2080

When we all are playing together I can’t see the person on the 3600x in game and they can’t see me, we’re invisible to each other. The host and I can see each other just fine, and the host can see both of us, and we can both see the host. We tried all closing down our game and re-running it and still the same, we tried starting the game as public and then switching to private and still the same. Lastly I tried to host but the person the 3600x machine could never connect to me (even though I regularly host with another group and have no issues)

Just curious to know if anyone else has run into this and if there’s any verified work arounds/fixes to get it working, maybe something like the 3600x system needs to forward specific ports on their router, or verify files in Steam, or if this is just a known issue and it’s broke broke, do we all need to reboot before we play? Does a specific gun being equipped cause this? Etc. I’m including a clip of me running up to the team and seeing 2 out of the 3 other players in the match.

1 out of 4 players is invisble

Yes, you are not alone in experiencing this.
It usually solves itself by restarting the host and sometimes the clients too.
In my gamer-group, this happens more often when the user with the worst "broad"band-uplink hosts, with high ping values as a result.

I think its a syncronization issue, but im not sure.

1 Like

I’ve moved this to #bug-reports. People can still reply to here and report if they’ve seen anything similar.
It’s a very interesting issue though; at first I thought you talked about desync but now I’m not so sure.

1 Like

Ahh thanks, there’s not really a section labeled “troubleshooting” so I didn’t know if I should identify this as a bug or not.

Yes, you are not alone in experiencing this.
It usually solves itself by restarting the host and sometimes the clients too.
In my gamer-group, this happens more often when the user with the worst "broad"band-uplink hosts, with high ping values as a result.

I think its a syncronization issue, but im not sure.

Thing is we switched hosts last night and the guy I couldn’t see couldn’t even connect to me at all, like we tried 7 times and each time was a different error message, it’s almost like our 2 PC’s just couldn’t talk to each other. Now I was streaming at 8Mbps upload speed, but I have a total of 20Mbps for upload (with it usually maxing out around 18Mbps) so bandwidth shouldn’t have been an issue. But who knows, maybe Spectrum was being weird. Guess this (among other things) just gives me an excuse to move over to the symmetrical gigabit provider.

When this connection issue you described (cant connect to specific user as well as your initial issue) happened to me and my team, we found that quitting BOTH the game AND steam, then restarting the programs usually made the problems go away.
It was sometimes necessary for ALL team members to restart steam/GenZero, not merely the host or the affected player.

It MAY be steam-related, but it may also be some issue with a firewall and/or router/modem.
And of course, it could be some pesky bug in GenZero too, im not pointing fingers here, just stating that it might be “outside the pc”-type of a problem.

1 Like

Yeah I played 4 player last night with a random from my Twitch stream and didn’t have any issues, so next time I play with those 4 people I’ll make sure we all reboot our computers before we start to give us a clean slate. Thanks for all the advice!

Can confirm this is fixed by everyone closing down the game and closing down Steam and re-opening

1 Like

Woop! If the issue has been solved I’ll close this one.
If it happens again, poke me and we can re-open the thread.

//Mod

1 Like