A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

We haven’t got a working jetpack to this day - never mind the 80s! Mind you, it would be nice to have it on a hotkey and power out of a melée…

1 Like

There actually were functional jetpacks trialed in the US in the 60’s. They worked, but were really dangerous. Nothing that would exist in Sweden, much less something some Swedish teens would figrue out to use on their own.
On the other hand, in GZ we have enemies that seemingly levitate by some unknown technology not found in the real world, so potentially that same tech could be used to make a “jetpack”.

But personally I don’t think this would benefit the experience in any way. It won’t improve gameplay and it won’t do anything for the atmosphere.

1 Like

You mean Seekers? If so, then the concept by which Seekers are hovering has been around for a long time and it actually works.

Closest example is VZ-9 Avrocar (1958-1961),
wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Canada_VZ-9_Avrocar

VZ-9%20Avrocar

And by design, both the Avrocar and Seeker are same, with one big fan in the middle to generate the lift. Though, Seekers also have two thrusters, on either side, for maneuverability.

1 Like

Truth be told, I haven’t analyzed the seekers close enough. The sound always made me think it was some sort of weird antigrav deal.

1 Like

Then you should. :wink:

Just shoot one down and analyze it closer. You’ll see one big fan in the middle of it’s disk-shaped body.

1 Like

Well, if they are going to implement more vehicles, then I want a Death Star.
Why?
Because even a motorcycle would be just as silly to have in GZ.

GZ is about exploring, it’s about battle, it’s about enjoying time ingame.
Motorized and other speedy vehicles will just kill that…

But… that is me.

IF they get in more vehicles, then I want the option to NOT have these (toggle them off), so that I am not confronted with that lunacy like I am with bikes, even though I turned that silliness off.
I keep finding bikes in machines hogging a potential weapons or attachments spot, I still get the bloody bike stands everywhere, and I REALLY despise that.

I REALLY hope they won’t shove other vehicles down my throat, it’s just not fair to have them forced onto me.

2 Likes

Well, the idea I imagined them, they’d be unlockables through side-quests. I too see it as quite silly for camping students to bring an IKEA locker and a bicycle workshop with them. This stuff should be in perhaps one spot per region.
But I personally don’t see any contradiction between exploration and let’s say a slow Volvo 240.

1 Like

It is magic, good sir.
Who knows, maybe there wil eventually be spellcasters in GZ. XD
Would also explain the teleporting to safe houses. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Xogger,

For the first twelve hours of game play, I never knew you could fast travel. I ran everywhere. I lost nothing by that, and it would indeed make sense of bicycles. You go foward carefully on foot, and if you need to go back, you take a bicycle, through the area you have just cleared. When you have better weapons, you go back and kill the respawns…

2 Likes

I myself walk nigh all the time, it’s a rare occasion if I TP to a spot.
It gives me more targets to kill this way, or trip over things I somehow missed.

This said, I do respect your opinion on the matter. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People have wanted vehicles other than bikes for a while, but it’s been said that it’d kill exploration, so here’s my suggestion.
In each area, put an “Artillery base,” similar to the one at the end of FINX rising. If you have a vehicle that’s bigger than a normal bike, you’re going to start to get bombarded as soon as you enter that specific zone - maybe a few different bases per zone, each covering part of it, depending on the size. That way, you have to explore the area on foot/bike at first, but once you do manage to clear out those artillery bases, you can bring in a bigger vehicle for faster exploration, such as hunting down rivals or completing smaller side quests you missed, or just going to a town you never visited because it’s super far off.
These would add new places to explore/destroy using existing assets, help give a better sense of progression (you’re clearing out areas of the island and making it safer) and making any future vehicles less OP overall.

This approach brings one problem: you cannot level your 2nd to 4th character when areas are cleared. In addition a region couldn’t have any more rivals at one point which would make the hunt for exp. weapons difficult/impossible.

The respawning of enemies does make sense for some reason since 1 person cannot contain the whole map. So everywhere you fast travel the enemies are there again.

Same feature request topics merged.

Also, use forum search since it really does work.

//Mod

i would love it if the cars that you loot from was a way to travel since the models are ingame it would need coding to them to steer which if the cars would be drivable we could loot the gas pumps i have seen in 1 town on a pier to loot fuel for the cars the police car the civilians cars and trucks maybe have a garage to make them using resourses to build them would be a nice feature like steel for the chassis and shell plastic for interier rubber for wheels

I think simpler and better solution would be buffing the bicycles:

• make them a little faster
  • allow us to ride uphill
1 Like

Seems very complex to me.
But I do agree that the cars are sufficiently well modelled to look passable from a cockpit view. And vehicle customization would be absolutely awesome. Although I don’t think that the teams have the resources to do that.

So there is a driveable truck in the game, but it can only be accessed with a mod and it’s kinda buggy.

Then it’s not really driveable, is it? Please avoid talk about mods and such while on the forums.

//Mod

Why on Earth would you drive a frakkin truck???
It should be instant-suicide!!!

1 Like

okay…you have the bicycle…you want something motorized, driving a vehicle of any kind in this instant, target practice for the machines really…but why not a simple old motorcycle. Not 4 wheeler…a simple old fashion motorcycle…not a superbike…just an old fashion motorcycle…simple & I bet you’d find them in all kinds of garages all over the country.