A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

Tgbil%2011
Terrängbil

Some experimental Bandvagn with some rockets

1 Like

Some type of dirt bike. Nothing too op

1 Like

Terrangbil looks pretty compact, Id definitely use that. And the dirt bikes feel like they would be more practical than a 10 speed.

Same idea topics merged.

//Mod

Yeah, and especially if it required a lot of recourses to repair a car? Fat chance im using it as a battering ram.

If we were able to armor the cars, it would make more of a buffer, before they sustained enough damage to actually explode.

While upgrades and customization would be amazing, but I think it’d add a whole heap of complexity. To the point where Avalanche would have to make them a central aspect just to justify sinking so much energy into it.

But if one could dream, I’d love it if they could basically copy and paste the upgrade/customization system from Wreckfest.

That would be awesome. We could use scavenged Steele, and other components to upgrade them, so instead of having enough money, like in wreck fest, it would be “do we have enough resources?”

Well I read the thread and here’s what I’m thinking:

I like the idea of using cars or the tractors that we see around. I think that it would be a high risk, high reward type of transportation. When it comes to bikes, they’re quiet and move out at a decent clip. However, they only move so fast and offer terrible off road options (they fall over at the sight of a stump and go very slow on non-roadways). I like having the bike as an option and feel it should stay for sure as the more covert or stealthy option.

I think cars should be added. It would come with higher benefits like getting to a place faster and being able to drive through a field at a speed over 3mph. I could see the idea of offering a storage option in cars but I dont think it should be the same concept as the Plundra where all the cars would sync inventories.

The high risk would be that if you get shot at, the car blows up. You ram a robot, you blow up and/or hurt yourself tremendously in the process. The cars couldnt just be an unstoppable juggernaut that wrecks everything. If they did offer a storage option then the items should be lost or reduced when the car was destroyed. Too, cars are loud. If a car would be used then it should attract machines.

This game tries to stick to a realistic environment as much as possible so I think if a car was added then it would have the abovementioned pros and cons. Using the crafting system thats already in place could help to add more defense and protection to the car, but would come at the expense of weight and speed. It would make you think twice about using something louder and dangerous than a bike.
Bike is the safe choice but limited extras whereas a car could be the… “adventurous” choice. All depends how you want to play the game.

Sorry for the long post but after reading what feels like 1,000 comments, I had a couple ideas and thoughts.

IF developers increase the number of the machine’s nobody dare to take a cab through the machines while cars can be explode with some bullets. Using vehicles will increase the fun of the game you can put gastanks inside the cars and park them on the way of the robots and so on. And ofcourse moving around in cleaned areas with cars can also be good.

2 Likes

It’s highly illogical, to say that it makes sense that we wouldn’t be able to use cars. If I was stuck some where with robots trying to kill me, I would never use a bike. I would use the biggest, most armored car I could get my hands on, and then armor it even more. Then, if possible, I would put a really good muffler on it. But I wouldn’t ever use a bike.

As @Xogroroth said, combustion vehicles are pretty loud. The bigger the car/truck the bigger the engine need to be which results in even more noise for every machine to hear. And even if you put a lot of armour on the truck you need an even bigger engine to move that thing. Well you see where this goes. This is suicide for any player.

Instead of having the dev on working something useful like a practical inventory management overhaul or on another island DLC they would release something most of the players would oppose if the devs would even dare to implement vehicles, me included.

In addition it would break the immersion heavily. The world is full of things you can explore better by foot. Driving around in a vehicle would make you pass all the things. I think cars are better suited for worlds which have large empty spaces between things. GZ’s world is not of that type.

And if you need another argument: why are all the vehicles left behind? Certainly not for random suicidal teenagers to drive around and have them destroyed by machines.

2 Likes

I think it would only make sense to have motorized vehicles for the massive unused mainland area of the map if it is ever added to the game. Ostertorn is too small… You would attract immediate attention and miss many awesome things.

The cars were left behind because the people got kidnapped. Why did they get kidnapped? They didnt run away in a car.

This evidence is circumstantial at best. This is like saying “I carry a rock with me. Since I carried this rock with me I didn’t get mauled by a bear. So the rock protects me against bears.”

Nobody would force anyone to drive the cars. Theres always gonna be that one dude that doesnt get the point of them, and thats fine. But many people would drive them, and put them to use. So it isnt fair to say that cars cant be in the game, just because some people who play the game dont want them.

Naw, carry a dersert eagle bro.

Is it fair when The Boss Man himself (Paul, Product Owner of Generation Zero) says it? :thinking:

At 00:47:37,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/791718316?filter=archives&sort=time

You also cant say that cars wouldnt be useful, because they arent in the game. So, using circumstantial evidence, to prove that something else is circumstancial evidence, doesnt make any sence. The catapault worked great until they invented cannons, but nobody tbhought that there would be anything better than a catapault until there was.