Add Storage Boxes

I would like to see atleast 1 storage box at every Safehouse to store items so you don’t have to carry everything all the time, It’s even ok if there is a limit to how much you can store just like your inventory, Anything is better than nothing.

9 Likes

There is a huge discussion of storage box’s in the game on a different feed

1 Like

I disagree.
I’d rather would see a backpack, as the weapons you haul with you are far too limited, and these make the actual space up.
As for “stuff” like Medkits, add/increase stack amount.

But that’s just me…
Xog.

You make a valid point, a Backpack adjustment would be good too but I think having a storage box to store thing’s that you don’t need to be carrying is far better in my opinion because a backpack just gets too crowded and eventually frustrating having to move things around all the time.

Things you need to carry around, such as?
I mean: you only need three weapons.
If you have a Meusser but you find that Pansarvärnsgevär 90, you remove the Meusser, right?
I can see someone that carries 1 extra type weapon, or even 2, but 2 of the same type?
One drops the obsolete version.
No use in keeping both!

One only needs 1 binocular, 1 field radio, …
Not much left that requires much space, or tons of amount?

So please elaborate.
Thank you.
Xog.

On top: One usually needs something in the field.
Having to run to the nearest stash box, just does not seem that… practical?

For example you run out of .270 rounds so now the sniper rifle you are carrying that uses .270 rounds is useless.But you have plenty of .234 for your other sniper rifle. Well here is your storage leave the gun without rounds at home till you find one and only carry the one you can use. Again just an exmple…

I agree with this storage is needed.

2 Likes

You can always use your other characters as storage. I have one for guns and one for ammo. Whenever I need to store something I just drop it on the ground, log out and back in again with another character to pick it up. It’s not a perfect solution, but it works.

On PC that maybe a possibility but I do not think it is on xbox one…but yes that is a good solution i will try it. But would like to see storage so we dont need the work around :slight_smile:

So, all characters have that same world???
Now that explains why I am missing certain items, like collectibles!
How very stupid, to have the same world for all characters!

Reason of making a new character was just that: to have a NEW character.
But no…
I had to erase the entire save to get a clean new character. :S

Thank you for the info.

For storage in the safe houses: You have a point.
Now, I make sure, I have enough ammo, for the weapon I use.
I mainly use my .50, I’m more of a “kill them before they get the change to run you over” kind of guy.
I like range…
Besides my .50, I have the .44, a grey one, sadly, and… no ammo… O_O
Have not yet come across .44 ammo for some weird reason, while the game throws tons of .50 at me.
Joy joy, RNG.

Thank you.
Xog.

1 Like
I am thinking like a universal storage box that can be at all the safe houses so you can deposit and withdraw from the same storage from multiple locations on the map. I really believe that is all we need at the moment. I dont want to keep everything I find just be able to store things I am not currently using to be able to have room to pick up grenades, smoke bombs, and other throwables and consumable items.

I’ve been pondering on this this night.
My suggestion for a backpack still seems the more logical, however, I DO see the validity of your idea.

Both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

From a practical point: you are a ‘soldier’ moving in a dead world.
Why would you leave stuff behind, if you have absolutely NO clue what will be ahead of you?
Why would you leave items behind, that 500 meter down the street might save your arse?
Makes no sense.
You do not know IF you will ever get back there, right?
It could be a new tab in the menu, with an additional X amount of slots.

On the other hand…
Being on the run, your very life depending on speed, agility and wits, that you travel as light as possible only makes sense.
Leaving stuff in a safehouse when you hope you will return there, makes sense.
But now we run an issue…
You want this box to be coupled to ALL other boxes.
HOW do you explain this?
Magic?
No magic in “the real world”…

Part of the game is the sense of “reality”. however warped.
Not a soul around.
No dog, no cat, just toasters with a thirst for bringing your personal hell to you in whatever cruel way possible, and then end your miserable existence.
They don’t care.
And they SURELY will not drag your stuff around!!!

There might, however, be an explainable solution…
Each bunker could have a “mini-tank”, which was created to carry stuff around for soldiers.
It’s a mini-tracked tank, that follows you 2 kliks behind you, and carries your stuff.
The mini-tank is never engaged, due to it being not very much alive, and due to the lack of life force, it’s being ignored by the machines.
You can obtain this mini tank, if you have X hacking skill (needed to make the mini-tank track you and obey that command set you put in).
You DEFINITELY do not want this mini-tank close to you, due to AoE (Area of Effect) attacks: the mini-tank CAN die, and you’ll lose all your stuff, hence he stays 2 kliks behind.
Once you enter a safe house, you “trigger” the “come in” command, and 30 seconds later it drives into the safe house.

This could be a decent, explainable alternative to “the game lore”.

Thoughts?

Xog.

Sounds like “The Luggage” from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. Nice idea, but it would be easier to put a chest in every safehouse that’s linked to a common storage. :slight_smile:

And how would you explain this?
Magic?
Aliens?
God?

No need to explain it. It would just be an ingame feature to make life a bit easier. You might as well ask how your character can get up and fight again after being shot a hundred times. :wink:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity anyone attempted to use existing loot crates for storage…do the items vanish? Does loot respawn in its place? Just wondering been meaning to try it but have not thought of it during game play to test it. Most safe bases have atleast one loot crate.

@Jonasflink good point…
@Deceiver8 Not a clue, sorry.

I don’t think you can put anything into storage containers. I know you can drop backpacks with items but I’m not sure how long they last until they despawn. Sounds like it’s worth scienceing. :slight_smile:

@Jonasflink I will make an attempt on it when ever I get home from work and get back on the game. But I am incline to side with you I do not believe we can place items in only take items out of the loot crates at the moment. And i am sure those dropped backpacks vanish after a certain amount of time as i have not come across any of my old loot in game.

Why should we have to create a second character just to carry extra stuff? If this is allowed then there is no reason there should not be storage containers in world for us to use.

1 Like

When you drop stuff, it stays there during the whole session, but once you quit the game to desktop/main menu for console, its gone. That means for PC if you switch between characters within the game’s main menu, all items that are drop will remain, thats how you transfer items to your other characters