Adren Pens and HP packs

Oh! I had no idea! Is the same true for ammo boxes?

I liked the look of the medic skill because I enjoy playing the healer. I just haven’t found a viable way to play healer in GenZero, especially with rambos.

1 Like

Huh, didn’t know that either!

1 Like

Paramedic back with 4 players, is still worst option. 1 single adv.medkit has almost same effect.
Just because it takes so much space, and in hectic combat it might be hard to get everyone in same spot.

Post what i have made some time ago, some toughs about paremedic pack.
Way too many first aid kits in game loot, makes players bullet sponges

1 Like

Ammo packs seem to be a bit broken in MP. They should work the same as paramedic response packs when someone near you uses it to gain some ammo but you won’t gain any ammo.

Did test it out with buddy of mine. Dropped the ammo pack for him, he used m/49 to get HE rockets out of it. I was standing right next to him, holding my AG4 with 7.62mm AP loaded in it and i didn’t get the 20x rounds of 7.62mm AP in my inventory after he used ammo pack once to get 1x HE rocket.

Of course, at that time, i didn’t think to check if i got 1x HE rocket as well, so, further MP testing with ammo packs would be needed.

Playing as Medic is one of the hardest in GZ since you’d need a good team where everybody knows each other’s skills and also plays into it.

Example of good team with medic

3x person team: sniper, medic and gunner.

By looking the map and elevations/buildings, sniper would go and position himself/herself on high ground or parkour to the roof of a house. The rest of the team won’t engage until sniper is in position. Once sniper is in position sniper could mark enemies if Marking skill is unlocked, else-ways scout the area and report the findings. Once the machines are located the main team engages while sniper provides cover.

Gunner is the one who aggros machines first since he/she can tank the damage (Vanguard specialization) and gunner would also be the one who deals most of the dmg to enemies (using LMG would make gunner even more epic).

Medic would follow gunner and use his/hers Marking skill to mark enemies close by for gunner and sniper to see them better. Medic would also be the one to revive gunner back to 100 HP if gunner drops to the ground. For weapon and target choice, medic would be support for gunner. E.g when gunner deals with bigger target (tank/harv), medic is close by with HP5/Kpist, dealing with runners who might flank the gunner. Dealing with flanking hunter(s) is hard for single person and here, medic needs the support of sniper.

Example scenario:
Loc: Klinte church

Enemies: FNIX tank near church

Battle plan: Whole team sneaks into church. Once there, sniper parkours his/hers way to the church’es roof (yes, on the roof, not in the belltower. I’ve done it several times.). Once there, sniper is in position and gunner can engage the tank.
With tank engaged and commotion started, pack of FNIX hunters come running (usually from Klinte or SE from Klinte church). Sniper should spot those and start dealing with added threat, leaving tank for the gunner.
Rocket barrage/autocannon salvo drops the gunner, medic rushes his/hers way to the gunner to revive him/her. Tank (all enemies actually), will go to the yellow (searching) state for few seconds as soon as they’ve dropped their target. Sniper can take the tank’s aggro for himself/herself for time being, so that the medic who is reviving gunner won’t be downed by tank’s next barrage/salvo.
Once the gunner is up, gunner starts engaging the tank again and tanks usually do switch their target to the closest player, in this case, back to the gunner.
Once the hunters are close to the gunner-medic team, medic can switch it’s focus to hunters, helping sniper to deal with them while still keeping an eye out for gunner (if he/she should drop down again).

If the Healer skill would work, medic can heal gunner during the firefight as battle goes on but sadly, Healer skill doesn’t work.

Do note that 240 HP is across 4x players, where each player still gets their 60 HP.

2 Likes

Sure. And the need to run to a certain spot is nothing I really can sustain during combat. That together with 20 HP a pop (per player) makes it basically useless for me.

What is the range of that thing anyways?

1 Like

No clue. Need to test it out in-depth in MP. But my guess would be 5m - 10m.

2 Likes

Hm.

(more characters)

2 Likes

The medic description sounds very interesting, though I’m not convinced the roof is a great spot to fight from. There’s little room for manoeuvrer. I was expecting more juggling with flares and fireworks.
Maybe healing others during combat just isn’t a viable option in an fps. I really like the outline above, it would be nice to try if I had the team.

Edit: @pegnose if you find the paramedic packs in shelter before combat, you can deploy them in safe places so you get “free” heals while you take cover. E.g. church stair wells.

1 Like

Some houses have taller chimneys which sniper can use as a cover but yes, houses have small footprint roofs and it’s difficult for sniper to find cover on it. But it’s doable.

For medic/support, yes, you can juggle fireworks/flares. I forgot to add that tactic in my description since i don’t use fireworks/flares with any of my chars anymore.

And for your team, i can be one of it’s members. I have chars who fit as sniper, medic and gunner, as it’s seen from here: What is your skill build?

Oh, at current time, only way for medic to heal gunner (or others) is by dropping paramedic response pack and using it near player(s), as i described above. It isn’t much but at least it’s something.

1 Like

For sniping, it would be something if one could climb trees and such, to get to a ‘sweet spot’ or birds nest.