After Base Assault update - Bugs, glitches, crashes

@Avalanche_Pontus
I just thought we should start a new topic for everything we find and doesn’t seem to work as intended or are apparently bugs, problems, visual glitches,…

I start with the new resistance base in marshlands where a mission takes place (western of Aspenäs).

Excuse me. I’m actually not able to make and post a screenshot of it.

There are 3 cars in front of the main building which seem to be placed twice. For example you have to open every door of the cars twice to reach the boxes inside.

There are some more lootable ressources in the area which are there twice, too, for example the steel behind of the swedish army tank inside one of the buildings.

Maybe there are even more double-placed objects, which could be bad for performance. :man_shrugging:

Playing on PS5.

2 Likes

I’m on PS4 and I also found those doubled cars.

@Avalanche_Pontus
Next:
I saw it wondered if it may cause troubles.
The player status on Playstation main menu isn’t translated any more. Before the update there was in clear words something like “Ingame”, “In main menu”. I’m german, I don’t know the correct status for english versions.

Maybe the mapping is just broken, maybe there’s more.

My buddy and me had several problems yesterday. He needed 3 tries to join my game at first. After playing for an hour his game crashed amd the safegame became corrupted. He had to delete his saved data on ssd, to start the game clean and then to load the backup safegame from the cloud to be able to start the game.

(by just loading the backup, without cleaning first, the game even wasn’t able to start!)

After that his game crashed one more time and mine, too. There were no apparently reasons for the crashes.

Every time he tried to rejoin my game he needed at least two trials.

After my crash as host and setting up a new game he had no problem to join and we played for some more hours without any new crash.

Next:

Next:
Western of Älnästet in a nice small camp:

Can’t read what should be displayed.
Maybe there is more broken?

It says something about door being hacked, but the nearby door with a scanner can’t be opened either way.

Maybe it’s part of something unfinished:

Here is nothing at this strange location, but it looks like there could be similar small buildings.

On top of the mountain there will be a soviet base, I guess. The walls are shown on the map but there is nothing, too.

On Ps4 clients had a few blue screens in tonights session. But it’s been like that since landfall. We can never play without clients getting blue screens. But most often players on Ps4 slim. Players with ps4 pro doesn’t get it as often as the slims.

One more:
Two days ago I played in my buddy’s game. We visited all 6 soviet landing spots and every soviet camp.

All, even the mysterious one in the screenshot above where added to the map. Today I wanted to add them to my map in my game, too. I visited the places but none (but landing spot anja) showed up on my map.

Btw. my safehouses were gone again. Just the mission related safehouses left.

Thanks for reporting! Will share this thread with the team so please keep sharing bugs that you find in here!

2 Likes

Do you know if someone from the team has been looking into the FNIX Base spawn rate? It seems players are grinding for 20+ hours without any FNIX bases spawning.

This can’t be intentional - with this spawn rate it will take several years to collect enough cement to build the new base items. Thanks. :sunglasses:

Yes! Actively looking into that right now!

4 Likes

Idk.
I even don’t know if the fnix base spawn works like rivals or like a reaper or if it’s a complete new system.

I got my first fnix base yesterday after just destroying two rivals for getting the anniversary stuff. I haven’t attacked it yet. Maybe today.

Maybe you could check if it levels up, like Rivals do?

Much appreciated. :sunglasses: It seems this is one of the biggest letdowns of the Base Assault - that almost no bases actually pop up to assault! :smile:

Mmh could it be that there are regional differences in the game?

Or is it just a broken language table?
As you can see, there is a not correct translated location on my map.

Additionally there is the log-entry for the new collectibles, which looks almost similar.

And, the message on the computer in the cabin eastern of Borgakulan is in the same way cryptical.

All three are new since the base assault update.

@Avalanche_Pontus :
Do these textes just depend on a broken language table? Does it affect more than just these textes (i. e. The location on the map itself? There are no buildings at the moment!)

On what does the language depend? Console region? Language setting of the console or the game?

Thx

Playing on PS5 in germany.

The old Homebase doesnt spawn anymore either… =/

I’ve reported as a bug report. Triangle button on Ps4 takes you to log menu when you try to hack russian bots. And continues to do so after binocular use. Need to restart game for it to work again. Only happened in multuplayer with me as host.

Good to know.
I haven’t played my character with this ability since base assault update and I don’t use binoculars in general just for taking a look :wink: :+1:

That place was called Bukavac Outpost, and there is indeed nothing there. It spawned when I walked on the road nearby, but the next day it wasn’t displayed in the map anymore.

You do seem to have many issues on PS5.
I don’t have any on PC, other then the global things not quite right yet.

That happened to me after going to the Homebase and reading the tutorial about the new structures and new base structures mechanics (like the inventory).

Fix- going back to Main menu.

@Avalanche_Pontus
Sorry to ping you man.
I´m reporting a new issue.
It seems the latest update makes the game a bit more unstable, sometimes fps drop to something between 1-4 fps.

It happened to me in 2 instances.

• near Stora Drybo safehouse, it improved when i approached the" Crater" surrounding area.
    There weren´t even that many enemies, 3 Wolfs, 2 Tanks, some hunteres and runners and of course Lynxs, but they were scattered around the Crater.

• South Coast, Near the Minken Command Bunker, the big clearing with a small Fnix outpost.

Might be related to Apocalypse Harvester not firing missiles correctly?
When it happened, there were no more than 4 or 5 APOC hunters with no other machines around when the FPS dropped beneath 5 fps.

• Its possible other locations have similar issues.

PS: Will update this if I find more.