Ancient Viking Prophecy (!)

The easy way out would be that these bots were created in response to all the preparedness that became the norm after Russia pulled their crap during the war. Somehow the bots got out of control and now turned against the people.

Another could be that it is Russia who sent these bots into the country. They ran across Finland and are taking over the north one country at a time.

3rd could be technomancy like the Wolfenstein and Hellboy universe. Arcane occult rituals bringing life and malevolence to non living machines.

Cooler still would be a Terminator situation ala skynet. This has happened all over the world.

Finally the best. As with anything ever. ALIENS!. Yep throw in Crazed E.T.s who are after our precious resources like water, air, and mayonnaise. All the natural resources needed for life.

2 Likes

The robots have no Cyrillic writing on them so I bet they are sweedish in origin.

I like some of your other idea’s thow.

Technomancy: Good one: Is totally in line with some of my posts somewhere else on this forum.
There are Viking Burrial mounts in the Game and someone also found an old Viking prohacy as an easteregg. So yes, Ancient Viking relics that have a technomancy influence on the robots making them go amok is plausible. Fancy, but in games quite plausible.

The alien idea is great alswell. We all know that Mayonaise is the most valluable resource in the entire galaxy right :wink: So to me it’s only logical that hords of aliens will try to come and fetch it out of our hands. Just saying: I like the idea that they are after valuable resources on our planet like water f.e.

Nice thoughts. Thanks for sharing Zambrick.

I know that this is a rather old thread, but I could really use a bit of help. I’ve tried to go to the coordinates that was listed in the first posting, but I end up next to a crashed Viggen fighter jet. Moving out from there in circles I find a lot of rocks but no runes. Where should I look, please?

There’s another rock like this in Salthamn, near the center of town close to the water’s edge.

1 Like

What a great find & thank you for sharing it with the community. I liked it so much I even shared it on Twitter at the link below…Again great share.
SPP

I managed to find both thanks to @Zesiir and a bit of persistence.

Try to look at 1462,3244 instead :wink:

3 Likes

I apologize for performing a necromantic ritual upon this thread, but I just had to reply that this is incredibly cool! And it substantially strengthens my immersion since it’s my headcanon that my character is a descendant of the Norse gods and that there’s a prophecy within her family also about the machines. It’s neat that all of that was part of my headcanon even before I knew about this runestone!

1 Like

I bring up the Viking subject because a long time I had discovered a kind of old camp probably Viking.
If I remember it well there was a viking helmet and other things ( I don’t remember too much )
Today it is impossible for me to find this place.
Has anyone seen this place before ?
( I use Google translation… sorry )

With that little, it’s next to impossible to locate it. Unless someone comes along who vividly remembers that specific loc.

To narrow down the search area, do you recall what region was it in? Also, any closest location names? Or perhaps missions that took place at/near of it?

Unfortunately I have very little information, it’s been a long time and I didn’t think to write down the coordinates.
I know it was in the forest.
I’m currently looking for this place, I’m going through the map from one side to the other.

Forest region or in wooded area? In any event, Forest region is mainly wooded and there are a lot of woods in the game, especially in Forest and Mountains regions. It could’ve been even in small patch of forest, which are located all over the map.

Just to narrow down the search area a bit, was it snowy? Since if it was, there are parts where snow never falls and parts where snow is permanent (e.g Himfjäll).

It was a wooded area but for the snow I can’t remember.
It’s not on Himfjäll because I’ve had the DLC for 1 week.
I had found this place there were no apocalypse robots yet.

As in, there were no apo machines in the game at all (pre-November '19 update)? Or the part where you found it, was close enough to the starting area, so you didn’t met any apo machines yet? :thinking:

There were no apo robots in the game… It’s been a long time, that’s why my memories are very vague :weary:

That puts it way back in time. :thinking: While i’ve played GZ since launch, i can’t recall seeing viking helmet in the game back then.

If given that you saw it in the early parts of the game, there could be an issue. Since as of today, Archipelago, South Coast and Farmlands regions have gotten an overhaul and it could be a possibility that this old POI was either changed or completely removed.
If it is located in Forest, Mountains, Marshlands or North Coast region, then it’s still in the game.

I’ve been playing since the release too.
I stopped for several months.
I’ve been playing GZ intensely for about 3 weeks now and I remembered this Viking helmet I found while walking around.
At the time of my discovery I had already completed all the missions and was just wandering around the map for fun.
Indeed it is possible that this helmet was removed and if it is in the unmodified regions, I do not know why nobody has found it yet.

I scoured a lot of the map to look for this helmet and this Viking camp, while thinking about my memories.
And I thought "maybe I’m playing the wrong video game because I’m playing several video games at the same time… "
So I thought about The Forest and other video games I played. In the end I found it! It was in Red Dead Redemption 2, there was a Viking tomb. I’m really confused about this ridiculous mistake

:rofl:

I guess the viking tomb connected you with GZ’s Sweden more than it did with RDR2, hence the false memory. :smile:

I haven’t had mix-ups of game locs thus far but as i age, that could become an issue for me (or anyone) as well. :thinking:

I much prefer GZ
Yes it happens to everyone I guess :laughing:
I’m getting old :grin:

I have figured out what “the day will come when the blacksmith’s anger will give life to the metal”. But just think about it the blacksmiths or FNIX’s anger will give life to the metal or the machines. If someone is powerful and angered they will cause destruction FNIX did that at an apocalyptic size and rate but he brought life to weak hunks of metal allowing them to kill humans