Appearing loot containers

Platform:
PC

Description:
The constant rattling noises of loot containers is a strain on the players ears especially in locations where those containers are in an abundance.
While roaming the Björntunet hotel on Himfjäll I may have found out by accident why those sounds exist at all: the containers make a sound when they are placed. Since the game became laggy in some aspects since the last update (Landfall that is), I could observe this behaviour quite well.
But tbh this existed before the Landfall update as well but without the containers making noises.
The short clip below shows two occurences right next to each other.

Steps To Reproduce:
Wander an area with a lot of loot containers and watch for appearing containers while listen carefully.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client:
Both == solo

Players in your game:
Only Mathilde.

Specifications:
R5 2600, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Game on PCIe NVMe SSD, Win10 64bit

I can confirm that on my end.

Had this a few times while farming adrenaline, made me entirely stop farming it through the hotel, and in turn, stop using it altogether. Probably for the best, I suppose

Funny…I always thought that was the wind.

Is this the same noise as dropping item/bag makes or a new issue?

If this is a new issue, you mention lagging and noticable slower spawn of loot containers as it looks like in your video. Have a look if the speed to your NVMe SSD is the bottleneck and make sure no other applications are using up your CPU/GPU and RAM.

You can use Open Hardware monitor or Windows Taskmanager (press CRTL+ALT+Delete and select taskmanager there) to find out what is going on in your system.

If graphics card is the bottleneck you really need to use Nvidia GeForce Experience to get optimized graphics drivers settings for games with GTX 1080. In Nvidia Control Panel you can try unloading the PhysX engine to CPU instead of GPU.

In Taskmanager you can right-click Generation Zero, select “Go to Details” and right-click the Generation Zero exe file there to set “Task Priority” to High or Realtime and see if it makes a difference in loading time for loot containers. If Windows Settings > Gaming > Game Mode is set to On this should alread be happening but you can try to set it to Off also and manually setting it as described above for the current session and also close all other apps that may use up memory and harddrive read/writes.

Another title (COTW) using APEX world engine got AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) support and that boosted frame rates and image qquality quite a bit, but until that happens in Generation Zero the best you can do is look into the above and hope assets loading time is the culprit, or just hang in there until next update comes around.