Assignments need a thorough revamp

I have complained on here before about the use of Base Assault assignments requiring too much effort for too little gain and felt that particular type of assignment should be binned.
They have however stayed and taken the edge off doing any assignments.
Today one assignment was " Do 7 base assaults" for 3 points. Ridiculous.
If anyone at Avalanche or Systemic Reactions reads this forum can you either remove base assault assignments from the pool or introduce a reward worthy of doing them, a couple of 5* weapons after a weeks slog is not good enough, exp weapons at least.

4 Likes

Yeah ok, this is pretty steep. Doing 7 bases assaults will take a serious amount of time! :grimacing:

1 Like

Aye, some targets are really hard to meet or have extremely specific requirements, some work needs to be done, also regarding the assignment cap per day, right now missing one or two means exclusion from gold rewards and a week gone down the gutter.

feel free to comment under this thread, too, not exactly the same topic but I might just make a full assignment rework suggestion at some point FMTEL - Assignments - Don't force us to play every day

2 Likes

Complete 7 Base assaults would’ve been a good weekly assignment, just saying.

Also, I think the biggest insult was that the individual reward was a Two-star raw materials pack; which was 36 steel and 33 textile…

2 Likes

Yeah due to these types of assignments I’ve decided not to do them any longer ( too much effort for too little gain) and this means that along with the recent news of no prospect of new islands etc it seriously calls into question any reason to load the game up in the morning.

1 Like

Hey, yes we are aware that this one is a bit hard to do, we’ll tweak it in the future :slight_smile: thanks!

Or the Finix base generation will be changed so that it becomes faster and the reward should also be revised, or as a weekly task Question: Why aren’t there any weekly tasks yet? But only daily!

Even faster?
Most times I can’t destroy them as fast as they spawn.

A guess to answer your question:
Because the assignments don’t work as it was intended. There are still many issues with them that need to be fixed.

An other question:
Why do you keep on fixing it? Wouldn’t it be better to throw it to the bin and make a new system that works from the start as intended?

1 Like

sorry wife and kids :frowning: can’t make dinner, busy completing this assignment ??? !

every week this assignment pops up ??? !

At a tick level this week :slight_smile:

Yup, it’s pointless. These assignments are totally ridiculous… :confused:
That’s no fun any more and definitely no incentive to play…

1 Like

This quest comes up too often, would be ok with me if it appeared every 6-8 weeks

1 Like

Let’s hope, they redo the assignments with the next update.

What about these Finix basic attack tasks if you have all the control points and Finix can’t create any more.

Not possible, because you can just claim the half of all control points for each region.

1 Like

Moved to existing thread.

//Mod

2 Likes

That’s right, I confused that with the rivals :frowning: , bases only work with 4 and not 8 :slight_smile:

Depends on the region.
In farmlands there are 12 control points, with a maximum of 6 claimable by the resistance.

The broken dailies are getting annoying. 7 Base Assaults is arrogant, when the bases don’t get rebuilt that fast. Either that, or they really overestimate how much time we’re putting into playing.

5 point days, where two missions are worth 1 point and the last one is 3 points, and the 7 base assaults, is just the Coronation of King George.

What happened to the hunting down and killing a specific type of robot with a particular weapon. It was fun to try to kill a Wolf with a melee weapon. Doing 7 base assaults is long, repetitive, and boring. I have better things to do with my time in game, like spawning a Reaper. I’m not about to wreck my Threat rating by taking out 7 bases.

And yes, I think it’s stupid to have that mission spawn twice in one week. Not apologizing. The randomizer shouldn’t be allowed to pull that mission more than once a week. It shouldn’t even be in there, but ass some better missions in so it doesn’t come up so often. So sick of seeing it in the FMTel.

And that title is there because “Boring Dailies” is 14 characters and apparently you need an arbitrary 15 to make a thread. /smh

2 Likes