Backpacks and boxes loading error

Platform: PC

Description: backpacks and boxes do not always show up until after you already pass them sometimes.

Steps To Reproduce: I fast traveled into a church and was confused because some bags that I knew I looted there a few hours ago were gone. walked away and came back and they were magically there. still unable to be looted but that’s not the point. so I fast traveled away and back and recorded this

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: host

Players in your game: me

Specifications:CPU Intel Core i7-9700k
RAM 16GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Winows 10
64 bit

i had already made a post about it here Double check when looking for loot but it was recommended that i also do a bug report

Thanks for sharing this issue, as it is definitely an odd one. The video showing the issue helps immensely and shows exactly what is happening :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t find it reported so I’ll go ahead and create a new topic.

The lootable objects placed semi-randomly in the game world are spawning slower and slower. Taking the Salthamn area: I spawn in the bunker, and some of the luggage isn’t there. Walking a few steps, turning around, they are there. Same with the ‘corpses’ at the dock/harbor, specifically the one placed against the truck bumper close to the water. I’m not sure if this has always been an issue, but I seem to notice it more in the last 30 or so hours I spent in-game, so maybe it’s savegame-related and accumulates over time.

I heard that loot respawns every 4 hours in-game, and I don’t experience issues with the bug you’re talking about, so it might be save-game related

unfortunately, it’s a very old bug

1 Like

That video is exactly what is going on. I’m too tech-illiterate to record videos, so thanks for finding that one. Seems this issue is just not that common, or there’d be more responses.

Same issue topics merged.

Also, thanks @kakarron for pointing it out.

//Mod

Platform: PC

Description: I saw it once or twice before the august patch. Sometimes when aproaching container or a car loot boxes don’t appear. You have to look in some other direction for the boxes to show. I see it mostly in one of the containers (the one next to the one with robot graffiti) in Norrmyra and cars in FOA2.

Steps To Reproduce: Approach the container or a car from some distance ant keep it all the time in your field of view.

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: i5 4670K, 16G RAM, GTX 1070

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhxUjQhs69Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKihXhHCgEY

haha reported that before the june update.

so i started from the scratch to see what has changed after a break and i must say i’m very impressed what you have done with the world. feels so much more alive now. but also i noticed that in some areas bodies and creates are missing. * like saltham bunker. on the entrance there are normal some suitcases also inside the bunker. but sometimes i travel back to get some stuff and noticed that these suitcase and crates are missing. a reload fix this for a ammount of time but the bug still comes back. also in saltham where the destroyed tank is there are normaly some destroyed runner and they are also missing. these bug comes to nearly every location. sometimes i open a container and nothing is in there. i turn around and like a ghost boxes start to spawn in

Is this what you are experiencing?

it’s nearly like this but it’s in nearly every area since the last update. but sometimes they never appear and if i restart the game all boxes are back

Several same issue topics merged to the oldest bug report topic.

//Mod