Beautiful Hike Routes

It’s not ready yet, need more pictures and gather some info.

:sweat_smile:
I almost would have said that you already have screenshots of everything (including coordinates and a describtion of what is seen) which is in your map and that you just have to put them together. :wink:

1 Like

That’s not how I work. :coffee: I love these travel-assignments, because they give me a goal to travel the GZ-world on foot with the chance to find new things not yet seen before. I do have a lot of pictures, but they are most of the time not what I need. Heck even those that I just made I probably replace with nice weather ones.

But it’s always night, misty, or snowing when I need clear pictures. :joy:

3 Likes

Ok, what about this, as I haven’t seen such a route yet…

Could you make a hike route for trails?
In some of the last updates they were added at several places. I don’t know, but is the one at the starting location new with Dark Skies?

I take this as example for what I mean with trails. It leads to a small camp with tents next to Yttervik.

3 Likes

Yes, I know these trails well. I added them to the map too. But yes, these hike-trails with the Infartmarkörs would make a nice route. :coffee:

3 Likes

Bullet Doodles & Placings

Route 24: Bullet Doodles & Placings - Click here

We have first seen Bullet placings on a map in a house in Dyvik, where the bullets were used as markers on the map.

spacer2
And here a random placement of bullets on caravan table at Måsskär.

spacer2

And here some shotgun shells, next to, and in the weapon crate

spacer2

A spray of Runner bullets and blood on the floor at Hakan Pettersson’s place.

spacer2

But since the involvement of the soviets it seems that they love to play around with bullet casings, making various shapes as way of passing the time when doing mind-numbing tasks, like e.g. listening to military radio chatter.

Triangle Configuration

This single Triangle shape is found at Amurskijj Tigr Outpost.

spacer2

Square Configuration

Here I made a close up of a square Shape which is found at the Seryjj Volk Base Camp.

spacer2
Here three sets of bullet squares on the lookout tower in South-east Marshlands.

spacer2

Six-sided Configuration

This shape is not exactly a regular Hexagon, not all sides have the same numbers of bullets. It is found at Chjornyjj Kaban Outpost.

spacer2

Greek Cross Configuration

A single Greek Cross shape is found at Buryjj Medved Base Camp, and also one at the hidden FNIX Outpost.

spacer2

Heart Configuration

The Heart shape is found on two different locations. One at the Hidden FNIX Outpost (doodled by Tatiana), and one in a tent at Landing Zone Boris.

spacer2

Five-pointed Star Configuration

This five-pointed-like shape is not nearly a regular Star of David shape. Maybe a slightly deformed Asterisk? It is located next to the heart shape in a tent at Landing Zone Boris

spacer2

Beacon or Rocket Configuration

This shape is not so clear to me, it’s not a star. To me it looked like the Soviet beacon symbol. It also looks like a dumpy rocket. Or, since Tatiana doodled this, she subconsciously meant it to be the tactical nuke that has made the big crater…
There are two instances of this shape, both at the Hidden FNIX Outpost.

spacer2

Line Configuration

A row of four bullets on the balustrade of the lookout tower in South-east Marshlands.

spacer2

Return to Top:

4 Likes

I always wondered if there is a mystery behind that, like with the apples, or if it’s just for fun.

2 Likes

The devs probably wanted to show us the subconscious human activity in camps, where there is nothing else to do. In this case playing with empty bullet casings. It is part of the story-telling.

2 Likes

The devs really did a great job capturing natural beauty. I grew up in Vermont, USA, a very rural place with small towns, barns and farmhouses, sprawling farmlands, thick forested areas, and overlooks from the tops of hills. I have to say that the game looks very true to real life in many ways, I love it.

3 Likes

Added new patrol map to route 17.
Added new Runestone and Riksrösen to route 6

2 Likes

Added the first Generation Zero map design to Route 17. It shows an interesting view back in time.

1 Like

That’s very interresting @Gysbert it shows that the devs have taken some parts of sweden and rebuild it in the game. In the last years i often watched swedish films (criminal series ) and i found out that Generation Zero looks really like the real sweden. That’s great.

1 Like

What a ‘klus’ Gysbertus! :smile:

1 Like

Yellow Rubber Ducks

Route 25: Yellow Rubber Ducks - Click here

In one of the Streams a while back a dev told us that they explain the quirks, often called bugs or glitches, in their code to a simple rubber duck that they have at their workstation, which then helps them find a solution to the bug. By explaining these bugs in their code to an inanimate object like this yellow coding buddy, they don’t need to disturb anyone else. And now (june '22), since the latest updates we find little rubber ducks in the game.

So far I found 28 yellow rubber ducks at 12 different photo-locations in the game.

spacer2

Here I found a yellow Duck sitting on a bathtub, just chilling right where its natural place is.

spacer2

This little duck was in ultra stealth mode, hiding behind some Soviet equipment.

spacer2

Another duckling I found sitting on a beach chair hidden behind the bushes.

spacer2

A duck in a flower pot, nothing strange about that!

spacer2

Perhaps this yellow duckie should have ducked, when chairs went flying.

spacer2

Two ducks together on a desk, contemplating how to solve the Rubik’s cube.

spacer2

Three ducks in a bookcase, one fell out.

spacer2

Three duck boys, wanted to be toys.

spacer2

Three rubber ducklings high a dry on a white sideboard.

spacer2

Ten ducks on a couch, one fell off again. Now this is crazy cool.

spacer2

Duckie wants a bedtime story, but nobody is coming to read. :slightly_frowning_face:

spacer2

A dead, fallen, tired or sleeping Duck!

spacer2

One duck in a Vapenkassun in a procedural state of existence.
When not doing the procedural mission you find the broken messed up Vapenkassun that is there normally.

spacer2

Three little Ducks found in the kitchen of a Resistance house during a procedural mission in Hagaboda.

spacer2

Seven little Ducks found guarding the notebook I needed to get during a procedural mission in Lilla

spacer2

Return to Top

6 Likes

3 Likes

Two caves were revamped with the Companion update, I updated the pictures

1 Like

Found other locations that have yellow ducklings, which I added in Route 25, but these are like “Schrödinger Ducks”, because they are in a state of existence and nonexistence. :wink:

1 Like

No route 66? Wondering
:man_biking:

1 Like

Signs of the Resistance

Route 26: Signs of the Resistance - Click here

In this route, I travelled around the map taking pictures of locations with a blue Resistance logo.
Not sure if I have them all here, so if you know one that I missed, please let me know.

Let's start with Resistance Signs on stones
spacer2

This stone is one of two we find in Forest Region, that alerts us that there is something to be found nearby. Originally there were three stones in close proximity to each other with each showing a resistance logo, but now (20 Nov '23) the third stone is no longer showing a logo.

spacer2

This stone we find in Forest Region close to the first one, sometimes more than one sign alerts us to the same area of interest.

spacer2

Better look around near the lake.

spacer2

This stone is hidden in the middle of the forest in Forest region, alerting of the cache nearby.

spacer2

This stone in Forrest region is one of two, that alerts us to a hidden spot nearby

spacer2

This is the second stone, the house on both pictures is the same house.

spacer2

Resistance Signs on Boards
spacer2

Here another sign near a Lake, indicating something to find.

spacer2

This sign in the Forest Region is hidden in plain sight.

spacer2

This sign led to the message in a bottle, right in front of the barricade of the Stilsjon Civil defence.

spacer2

This sign we find at the entrance of Nästgård Stable.

spacer2

At this sign survivors are alerted to free food at this resource station, which is regularly replenished according to Katja Jarvinen head of the Supply Mission.

spacer2

Resistance Signs on Buildings
spacer2

Weathered sign on Readiness Storage (Resistance Radio Maintenance mission).

spacer2

Sign on green Military office at Myrdalen Water Tower.

spacer2

Sign on the back of green Military office at Myrdalen Water Tower.

spacer2

Sign inside a green Military office.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a barn.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a boathouse.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a church.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a garage.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a House in Hagaboda.

spacer2

Two Resistance Signs on the front and back of second House in Hagaboda, which also played a part in the procedural mission “Resistance Dead Drop”.

Backside.

Frontdoor.

spacer2

Resistance Signs on Vehicles
spacer2

Resistance Sign on Armoured Flakmoped.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a Command Centre Truck.

spacer2

Resistance Signs at procedural missions
spacer2

( 1st) Anomalous Signal - shows no Logos.
(2nd) Repair Station Removal - shows no Logos.
(3rd) Fnix Outpost Sabotage - shows no Logos.

The 4th, 5th, and 6th Procedural Mission all have one or more instances of a Resistance logo

Resistance Sign on Radio tower during procedural mission “Resistance Radio Maintenance (4th)”.

spacer2

The logo is not so clear to see on this stone next to the cache. This was part of the procedural mission “Resistance Dead Drop (5th)” in the North Coast.

spacer2

Here the Resistance Logo is on a Tarp and a Stone near a Cache (Dead Drop Mission).

spacer2

Here the Sign is on the newspaper “Dagstidningen” with three ducks. This was part of the procedural mission “Resistance Dead Drop” in the North Coast where we had to get a key. (See black Hagaboda house above)

spacer2

Sign with seven ducks and notebook in procedural Dead Drop in Lilla.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on apartment building in Markbacken only during procedural mission “High Value Target (6th)”.

spacer2

Sign with key to cache in procedural Dead Drop in Lilla.

spacer2

Sign on chest 1 in procedural Dead Drop Klinte.

spacer2

Sign on chest 2 in procedural Dead Drop Klinte.

spacer2

Sign on lighthouse on the backside of structure in procedural mission Resistance Radio Maintenance.

spacer2

Sign on Casemate near Salthamn bridge during a High Value Target mission.

spacer2

Sign on Farmland Lookout during a High Value Target mission.

spacer2

Miscellaneous
spacer2

Resistance Sign Graffiti on a poster.

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a Resistance Dropbox at Nästgård stable (ML).

spacer2

Resistance Sign on a Companion Station.

spacer2

Sign on a message bottle which were used by the Resistance to communicate with each other without the machines knowing.

spacer2

The Motståndet Newsletters all (10) have the logo on it, but in black & white.

spacer2

There are 8 weapons that can have a skin that has the resistance logo on them. Example: my Exp. Grg M/49 with the Resistance Puma skin equipped has 6 Resistance logos on it.

spacer2

Lets not forget our companion who wears the Resistance Logo proudly on its armour.

spacer2

And last but not least, we have Resistance Logos on 5 Base Building items including the Base defence pack and Base Support Pack. We have: a Medical trailer, an explosive barrel, a Sandbag Defence position, a Sniper Tower and on a Banner. All five Items - for convenience - on one picture.

spacer2

Return to Top

Not a route 66 though… :coffee:

1 Like

Thanks for the hints with the signs, I didn’t even notice them, I’m probably too focused on not being discovered :wink:

1 Like