Being able to climb to high places

So while I wait for my game to stop crashing in fights, I’ve been playing around with mods in my own game. The latest I tried out allowed you to jump very high, so that I can finally get up on the roofs on houses.

I want to be able to do this “legally”!

Add ladders we can climb on, to get up on roofs and buildings another vantage point to snipe from, or just scout the area. Imho I think this would add greatly to the game.

2 Likes

You can go to a roof of some houses through balcony :wink:

5 Likes

Okay - being able to carry a ladder and use it would be great. You’d have to make a downside - like you couldn’t run or fight while you were carrying it, but it would make sense, and give you a new aspect.

2 Likes

Please try to keep in mind that discussing third-party software that alters how the game is played, like mods and trainers, is prohibited by the EULA.

Other than that, there’s quite a few rooftops one can get up on.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry about that. Want me to remove it?

1 Like

Nah, just keep it in mind :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lol yeah well, I was thinking more about having the ladders that are alreay in the game to be usable. Like this one:

2 Likes

Some of them you can get up, with a constant upwards jumping motion. What I want to do is take it with me and use it where I want to (um…like the skis at the hotel)… :wink:

I reckon that sniping from rooftops is a single-player must…

3 Likes

You can get on the roofs of all the churches. You go out the first window at the top of the stairs, the one divided by a pillar. Slide out on the left side of the pillar, and then jump to the right. You will land on the roof.

Sniping from church roofs is awesome.

3 Likes

I fall off, and die, every single time…

1 Like

1 Like

This window:

Stand here:

Edge out and it will look like this:

Jump and land here:

To get down, jump to a lower roof:

4 Likes

It’s like… A calculated risk. You can gain a better view of your surroundings, and you can duck behind the roof for cover. But if you get ragdolled, you fall aaaall the way down. Enemies with area-denial attacks like Tanks with mortars and Apocalypse Hunters can blow you off that roof in no time.

3 Likes

Use the ridge. Stand just below the ridge and then duck under it when they fire. All their ordinance will go flying over you and impact on the ground far away or slam into the side facing them, which is harmless to you.

2 Likes

Lovely. Give me a ladder.

I have done it once or twice, but I fall off the window sill all the time, and from there you die…

2 Likes

My path to the roof is same as in Ishootfriendlies’s screenshots. However on the 3rd screenshot above, if you jump straight to the roof, you will hit the window’s center divider which stops you and you’ll fall down.

Here’s how i do it reliably;

I jump almost straight out of the window and while in the air, i strafe right, so i miss the center divider and also land on the church’es roof.

Screens too:

Before jumping

In the air (mid jump)

Just landed

Ejoying myself

4 Likes

… and I think that is smart. I’ll try it out soon :blush:

1 Like

Oh, one more thing.

On my 1st screenshot, about 1-2m of the roof doesn’t have collision border and if you aim at the edge of the roof, you will fall through the roof. Once the wall below roof starts, then the roof is solid.

When on the roof, don’t get too near to the roof’s edge since at the edge, you’ll also fall through. You won’t die at that height with full health but you’ll take damage.

2 Likes

How about such a hook on a rope?
Easier than a ladder to carry around?

1 Like

Well, there aren’t that many unreachable places on the map where rope and grappling hook would be required. Only few building’s roofs are inaccessible.

Another thing when dangling on the rope is that in most of the games, you can’t do anything but slowly climbing up or down, making you easy pickings for machines.

2 Likes