Best / Favorite weapon list

A lowly level 10 here, but I recently found and started using a semi auto shotgun (goodbye garbage pump action) and it is a deadly, raging beast at close to mid range. Especially with the Shotgun Choke.

Also, loooove me my Kpist SMG with silencer and extended mag. Assault rifles have so little ammo.

EDIT: @NJR87 Why was the AG-3 so hard to shoot / handle?

1 Like

I shoot the G3 at my Military service in the german army too. It is not a precise weapon. A Assault rifle can’t that be becaus you smash yourself into the dirt with it and sometimes the Rifle fell to the ground. But when you caress her a little and made a good justage on it than you can make good gains in the range of 200 m. At my military time i was a Sport shooter with small caliber Cal .22 and airrifle.
When we had shoot training i beged for more ammunition at the training and lying on the belly with the Rifle on the bagpack i shot a grin in the face of the target.
I trained to shoot freehand with that weapon as i do it on the competitions with the small calibre. When you get used to the recoil you can achive reasonable gains with her.
She is my favourite weapon in the game. In real life you can buy her as an halfautomatic weapon. It’s changed constructive in the way that you can never make an automatic weapon from her. She is a beloved Hunter Rifle. And good caressed with a well justaged Scope a real sniper rifle.

1 Like

Bonjour,
Mon préféré est le AG4 expérimental,il y a beaucoup de munitions disponibles et dans la nuit on voit sur quoi on tire pendant un moment. Je cherche désespérement le KVM 59 (il n’est pas au poste de police Himarvet) ,même munitions, j’en ai un stock. Je l’ai eu un moment, mis dans ma caisse de stockage et disparu !!! Depuis , je sillonne toutes les zones sans succès. Un tuyau me serait d’un grand secours.
Merci d’avance

1 Like

Translated:

[quote]Hello,
My favorite is the experimental AG4, there is a lot of ammo available and in the night you can see what you are shooting at for a while. I’m desperately looking for the KVM 59 (it’s not at the Himarvet police station), same ammunition, I have a stock. I had it for a while, put it in my storage crate and disappeared !!! Since then, I have traveled all the areas without success. A tip would be of great help.
Thank you in advance[/quote]

@factum

EDIT: What are the proper “quote” tags on these forums?

2 Likes

Well, like I said, I was able to handle the G3 quite well. I’m a slightly bigger and taller person than average, and I have a physical job, so the weight of the gun and the force you have to use on it for loading/reloading and such, was ok for me. As a hunter, I’m also used to shooting different weapons in civilian life, many with heavier recoils than the G3, so that part is fine by me as well. All shooting experience counts, both for getting your groupings tighter, and for handling a weapon easier and safer. The G3 is an old, roughly built automatic rifle with a heavy, mechanical feel to it. But it is a quality weapon, built to last. Germans really know how to build good weapons!

On the other hand, when a nervous 19 year old recruit gets handed an automatic rifle for the first time, there are a lot of factors that can make it harder for him/her to shoot well. They may be afraid of the weapon. The rifle is heavy. It may be hard to operate. The recoil is tough. The sights are built for robustness, not for accuracy… Anyway, becoming a good shooter requires a lot of training, no matter what equipment you use. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@factum

English only
As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.

Source: Code of Conduct - Forums

Thank you.

//Mod

2 Likes

@NJR87 thank you for the detailed reply. Weapons kind of terrify me in real life. I would NOT make a good military person. I am soft and proud of it LOL.

1 Like

Got the exp shotgun the other night. I absolutely love it! I play on skirmish (lvl 30) and it really shreds tanks and harvesters due to some kind of stagger effect from the secondaries, making it quite easy to stay behind the tank/harv. Deals great damage too. Finally some proper use for all that birdshot ammo!

1 Like

10/10 Lupson.

I real gem in the right hands, and as you correctly put - bird shot for the most range through stagger perk. Is very reliable in both direct combat, and heavy machine support.

Go to is the AG5 over the AG4 because of better accuracy and less recoil. AG4 wastes many bullets except at short to medium range where I find it superior to the AG5 due to better damage. I like to use the scope alot. So the 76 is a dud without being able to put a scope on it. So my next favourite is the PG50 with the 6-12 scope and thermal optics is so good finding those stupid dogs. I started using a 5star shotty that dropped for me and it sure works nice on the hunters when you are dealing with hunters all around the building. Hand guns are almost not worth carrying it seems. I have had no experimentals drop yet but looking to score soon I hope. Just reached level 31 last week.

Congrats! Just got to level 8 last night. I only use pistols inside houses or bunkers for less screen clutter. Plus it one shots ticks anyway :slight_smile:

Current favorite is the M/46 “Kpist”

favourite is ag5 (only 3 stars i think) with ir module, 1-4 scope, extended magazine giving me 45 bullets and 5 star barrel extension or silencer depending on what i am doing. i usually use armour piercing ammo or if i have little then fmj

Am I the only one that loves the Exp KVM 59 machine gun and the Exp 12G pump-action shotgun?

Nope, those are good too!
But maybe not everybody owns an EXP KVM59 ?:open_mouth:
The Exp Shotgun with birdshot ammo is very useful to stop enemy attacks, specially when attacking Tanks and Harvesters from the corners of buildings.

where can I find these guns?

These guns (experimental) are drops from high level rivals.

On the topic, I’d rather say what I’d avoid and/or use as little as possible.
“Best” mentions:

• G3 (AG4) - my go-to gun with good damage, mediocre handling, low (20) default capacity. With lightweight ammo I can actually feel that I damaging anything, while not spending too much, good iron sights, nice potential DMR, lot options to accessorize.
  • Redhawk (Magnus) - pocket hunting rifle with decent damage and fire rate, option for sight with optic module. Skillful handling is very rewarding. Downside is it’s ammo - HP and FMJ bullets oriented on “crit” shots (extremely high multipliers for vulnerable spots), low penetration power, second to worst ballistics for single bullet, 6 shot per reload without means of expanding it.
  • SMGs (I like both, so I flip coin when I decide which to pick) - MP5 (HP5) when in mood for dps “spray and pray” or M46 when I want maximum damage within single clip. Both suffer from ammo depletion rate and drastical decrease of accuracy the longer trigger is pulled, so short-medium busts are advised.

“Worst” mentions:

• 5.56 ammo guns - FNC (AG5) have not enough damage to compete with G3 (AG4) and AK47 (IA-76) in terms of DPS, but offer superior control over gun even dumping mags after mags on full auto. You’d think SMGs do better in cqc; Minimi (Kvm 89) is opposite, it has worst handling ever - even golden gun with best compensator has worse cone than rusty MP5 without compensator. It literally shoots everywhere, except intented direction. Plus side - ammo has above average velocity and penetration, biggest single pick up rate.

• Shotguns - jacks of none. Semi-auto indeed does good burst of damage, but on solo guerilla it not enough to take down single FNIX or even military hunter within single reload (which are embarrasingly often. Pump one has high ammo efficiency, sending buck in tight spread even on the move, making damage consistent for shotgun. As for slug - heavy AP bullet with worst ballistics in game and slug isn’t even tracer. Ammo is heavy, and not that much abundant.

• Glock 17 (Klaucke) - heavy ammo (200g at maximum 25 rounds mag), bullets all over place with rapid hip fire. Only reason to carry Glock is it’s exp. version.

• Pvg90 - For all it’s power ammo is heavy and rare. Iron sights obstruct vision and weakest allowed optic is 6x-12x, non-exp versions sometimes lose to SP/HP hunting ammo in single shot damage (i.e. non reliable one-shots of dogs, couple more hits to tear off hunter’s stuff).

• Grg m49 has very low damage for its caliber, heavy ammo. “Tactical” ammunition are heavier than their throwing counterparts and clumsy need for reloads makes them uncomfortable to use.

I’ll use everything in the game when certain amount of ammo is hoarded. This way you learn how make best of what you have on hand now. I excluded exp’ys for a reason.

1 Like

I like most of the weapons in this game.

1. I like both lmgs. Both are fun to use, and the KVM 59 is a really good weapon.
  2. The Ag4, and Ai-76 are also really fun. The ag5 is alright, fire rate is cool to have.
  3. The kpist and HP5 are both good. HP5 is really fun, and the exp kpist is a top tier close range weapon.
    4.I like the moller for looks, as well as the klaucke for the same reason. I also like the klaucke as my main secondary. high mag capacity, and exp is nice. Magnus is cool, but I do not use it much.
  4. I really have fun with both shotguns. Just hip firing into a hunter and watching it explode is awesome.
  5. The pvg90 also on of my favorites. Irl, and in-game. Probably top 3 weapon. At leas with the exp version. The other snipers, while not that great at combat, are really fun to just hit runner gas tanks.
  6. The GRG also not the best weapon, is fun to use. Just smacking a shell into the middle of a group of runners is cool to see.

And that is my explanation on why I like all the weapon in game for one reason or another. But top five, are KVM-59, Klaucke, PVG90, AG4, as well as the Kpist;

You just need to consider what skillset your character has when choosing what weapons to use.
I like my Vanguard character best. This character is maxed in reload speed, recoil handling, trigger happy and 2 points in weapon sway, so it’s a gunner build suited for KVM 59/89 use. Reduced weapon sway helps for sniping. :slight_smile:

The 4 go-to weapons for my “main” character are:

6* KVM 59, iron sights, compensator.
The KVM’s 250 round magazine outweighs the slightly higher pr. shot dmg. of the AG4 when focusing on full-auto shooting, and the ammo is plentiful. I find the KVM’s easiest to handle with just iron sights, so try that if you haven’t already. Note that the 5* version has the same damage as the 6*, just without the lightning. The lightning’s downside is that it can hit you as well. (A sniper build with make 'em count perk should use AG4 with a scope instead.)

6* M/46 Kpist, iron sights, barrel extension.
Insanely accurate at short ranges, even on overdrive. This gun can take down a Hunter just as fast as the KVM’s, if you know where to aim. Extremely effective against a pack of Runners at close range, and even a few Hunters or a Harvester. (On my sniper character I bring a shotgun instead of this one.)

6* PVG 90, 6-12 scope.
Pretty much speaks for itself. Just do yourselves a favor and stick to the 6-12 scope, not the 8-16! 16 is more than enough for the range you can see enemies at, and 8 is too much for mid-close ranges. Also, quick scoping with this weapon is extremely precise and effective. With a little practice, you can use it at short ranges to make quick junk of machines that sneak up on you while you’re sniping.

5* .44 Magnus, silencer, handgun scope.
Basically a mini-sniper. I use it against Runners if they’re no more than 2 or 3 together. Also useful against Ticks and Seekers. Quick-scoping works really well with this weapon too. It’s actually really fun to try a few longer shots with it against unsuspecting Runners, as the bullet’s flight path is really curved.

(I sometimes like to bring the silenced Älgstudsare along, just to pop the fuel tanks on a few Runners and Seekers, because it’s fun.)

I love the new exp sledge hammer it’s lightning attack is lit also I basically yeeted a tank into space with it whoops… Me and my friend were fighting a tank and I finished it off with a fully charged sledge swing which made it fly up into the air and landed 100 meters away… I really love that hammer

1 Like

I hope you game clipped it

1 Like