Best / Favorite weapon list

I’ve use it silenced, they still knew right where I was. So I put on the extension for more damage.

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

You can read about my favorite assault rifle from above. And while at that time, there were no LMGs in the game, my top 3 still remains the same.

6* KVM 59 is good weapon but getting zapped by it and it’s accuracy are the two main downsides of it. Also, it uses a lot of ammo, especially with 5* mag mod and 250x round capacity.

AG4 was the first a-rifle i found in game and to this date, it still is the best for me.

I may try switching to the AG4 for a while, and see how it feels compared to the KVM 59.
One could also argue that the 5* KVM 59 is a good choice. As far as I can see, the electricity is the only difference between the 5* and the 6*. Damage and fire rate seems to be identical. Only problem is I haven’t found the 5* yet. The KVM’s accuracy, or lack thereof, hasn’t bothered me yet. I haven’t even noticed it to be honest. You can’t hip-fire it and still hit anything of course, but you have shotguns and smg’s for that purpose.

If you take into account the accuracy between AG4 and KVM59, then you’ll get more effective use out of your 7.62mm ammo with AG4 than with KVM59, especially on longer ranges.

So, it really depends what you prefer. I prefer sniping and i’m using my 6* AG4 mostly in semi-auto fire with 4-8x scope. This is especially good for sniping harvs/tanks components. If you prefer Rambo style by pulling the trigger and hearing tat-tat-tat-taa then KVM is better suited.

As far as other 5* a-rifles and KVM 89 goes, in 7.62mm we also have AI-76 but that weapon, overall, is worse than AG4. Comparison here: The special AI-76 looks ugly

AG5 and KVM 89 are both using 5.56mm and damage per bullet isn’t that good, compared to the other three (AG4, AI-76 and KVM 59). For example, AG5 damage per bullet is slightly better than Klaucke 17 damage per bullet.
I do like the rumble of firing KVM 89 but that’s the only positive side of it to me. The 200x round mag with 5* mag mod is nice but damage just isn’t there. And 5.56mm ammo is also rare outside Himfjäll.

I get your point when using a 7,62 weapon for longer ranges.
However, 7,62 is so over abundant that its no problem to keep feeding the KVM!
Before I got my KVM I was using the exp. AG 4, and I was packing huge stacks of ammo into my Plundra all the time. Now with the KVM I can still keep a decent surplus in storage, and manage keep a couple thousand shots in my inventory, while using it as my main weapon. Lack of ammo is not an issue.

I don’t carry any of the 5,56 weapons myself, and I agree that the AI-76 is lacking compared to the AG4. For a long time I even used a 4* AG4 instead of the 5* AI-76, when that was what I had available.

I just really want a 5* ext. mag for the KVM 59! I’d even take a 4* if I could find them. I keep politely asking around for a generous donation whenever I play online, but it seems these has to be the rarest attachments in the game.

Since 5* KVM attachments drop only from apo tanks, their loot table in game is very narrow. Also, it doesn’t help that apo tank can drop any 5* weapon or 5* mod as well.

In my game, rarest attachment is KVM silencer since i have ever found only one and that is 2* as well. Though, i’ve found plenty of KVM mag mods, for both KVMs and 5* ones as well. My luck with KVM compensators is lower but i’ve also found several, including 5* one.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trading Community?

I like the AG4. The HK G3A3 being on of my favorite in real life. of course the AG4 is the AK4. but similar. and then The KVm 89, or FN Minimi, or the M249 SAW.

1 Like

I’m curious as to how the HK G3 is your favorite in real life? Are you military, and have you been able to try out many different assault rifles? :slight_smile:

I used the G3 (Norwegian military’s AG-3) in my year of mandatory service, 12 years ago. It was our military’s standard infantry rifle from 1966. In 2007, we began switching them out for the new HK 416, and finally in 2019, all the AG-3’s were replaced.
Not sure how I would “review” the G3. It’s not what I would call a precision instrument. I’m used to handling guns in civilian life, so I was able to shoot it quite well. Those of the guys who weren’t, didn’t get comfortable shooting it in the 11 - 12 months they had available fore learning. So the new 5.56 mm weapons are way easier to shoot, but hey, if we’re shooting armored targets like killer robots, gimme’ back that 7.62 mm right away! :smile:

2 Likes

My bad. I worded that really poorly. I meant in game. In real life i think it looks cool.

1 Like

A lowly level 10 here, but I recently found and started using a semi auto shotgun (goodbye garbage pump action) and it is a deadly, raging beast at close to mid range. Especially with the Shotgun Choke.

Also, loooove me my Kpist SMG with silencer and extended mag. Assault rifles have so little ammo.

EDIT: @NJR87 Why was the AG-3 so hard to shoot / handle?

1 Like

I shoot the G3 at my Military service in the german army too. It is not a precise weapon. A Assault rifle can’t that be becaus you smash yourself into the dirt with it and sometimes the Rifle fell to the ground. But when you caress her a little and made a good justage on it than you can make good gains in the range of 200 m. At my military time i was a Sport shooter with small caliber Cal .22 and airrifle.
When we had shoot training i beged for more ammunition at the training and lying on the belly with the Rifle on the bagpack i shot a grin in the face of the target.
I trained to shoot freehand with that weapon as i do it on the competitions with the small calibre. When you get used to the recoil you can achive reasonable gains with her.
She is my favourite weapon in the game. In real life you can buy her as an halfautomatic weapon. It’s changed constructive in the way that you can never make an automatic weapon from her. She is a beloved Hunter Rifle. And good caressed with a well justaged Scope a real sniper rifle.

1 Like

Bonjour,
Mon préféré est le AG4 expérimental,il y a beaucoup de munitions disponibles et dans la nuit on voit sur quoi on tire pendant un moment. Je cherche désespérement le KVM 59 (il n’est pas au poste de police Himarvet) ,même munitions, j’en ai un stock. Je l’ai eu un moment, mis dans ma caisse de stockage et disparu !!! Depuis , je sillonne toutes les zones sans succès. Un tuyau me serait d’un grand secours.
Merci d’avance

1 Like

Translated:

[quote]Hello,
My favorite is the experimental AG4, there is a lot of ammo available and in the night you can see what you are shooting at for a while. I’m desperately looking for the KVM 59 (it’s not at the Himarvet police station), same ammunition, I have a stock. I had it for a while, put it in my storage crate and disappeared !!! Since then, I have traveled all the areas without success. A tip would be of great help.
Thank you in advance[/quote]

@factum

EDIT: What are the proper “quote” tags on these forums?

2 Likes

Well, like I said, I was able to handle the G3 quite well. I’m a slightly bigger and taller person than average, and I have a physical job, so the weight of the gun and the force you have to use on it for loading/reloading and such, was ok for me. As a hunter, I’m also used to shooting different weapons in civilian life, many with heavier recoils than the G3, so that part is fine by me as well. All shooting experience counts, both for getting your groupings tighter, and for handling a weapon easier and safer. The G3 is an old, roughly built automatic rifle with a heavy, mechanical feel to it. But it is a quality weapon, built to last. Germans really know how to build good weapons!

On the other hand, when a nervous 19 year old recruit gets handed an automatic rifle for the first time, there are a lot of factors that can make it harder for him/her to shoot well. They may be afraid of the weapon. The rifle is heavy. It may be hard to operate. The recoil is tough. The sights are built for robustness, not for accuracy… Anyway, becoming a good shooter requires a lot of training, no matter what equipment you use. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@factum

English only
As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.

Source: Code of Conduct - Forums

Thank you.

//Mod

2 Likes

@NJR87 thank you for the detailed reply. Weapons kind of terrify me in real life. I would NOT make a good military person. I am soft and proud of it LOL.

1 Like

Got the exp shotgun the other night. I absolutely love it! I play on skirmish (lvl 30) and it really shreds tanks and harvesters due to some kind of stagger effect from the secondaries, making it quite easy to stay behind the tank/harv. Deals great damage too. Finally some proper use for all that birdshot ammo!

1 Like

10/10 Lupson.

I real gem in the right hands, and as you correctly put - bird shot for the most range through stagger perk. Is very reliable in both direct combat, and heavy machine support.

Go to is the AG5 over the AG4 because of better accuracy and less recoil. AG4 wastes many bullets except at short to medium range where I find it superior to the AG5 due to better damage. I like to use the scope alot. So the 76 is a dud without being able to put a scope on it. So my next favourite is the PG50 with the 6-12 scope and thermal optics is so good finding those stupid dogs. I started using a 5star shotty that dropped for me and it sure works nice on the hunters when you are dealing with hunters all around the building. Hand guns are almost not worth carrying it seems. I have had no experimentals drop yet but looking to score soon I hope. Just reached level 31 last week.