Bjorntunet Hotel

Is there a quest to gain access to Room 237 or is the key card somewhere in the hotel. Also does the missing guest related to the specific room by chance?

Room 237 sounds like a reference to The Shining.

1 Like

Haven’t played The Shining, but it’s the only locked room on the second floor of the hotel where the survivors are.

The Shining is a famous film about a guy who makes some bad life choices and can’t write a novel. I think the room here is an easter egg to that effect, so maybe the door can’t be opened.

1 Like

Well there is a achievement tied to Room 237 by gaining access to the room. Just don’t know where the keycard could be located.

Oh. Honestly I dread to think what’s in there.

Edit: I don’t know how to get in, and I was kind of surprised you could. I hope you find it, or someone who knows can help you.

Not to be rude here, but I’m only asking because I want to finish GZ up achievement wise and the only achievements left would be “Here Pauli! (Found what happen to the mission guest)”, “Room 237 (Gain access to the mysteriously locked room)”, and “Vestiges (Found all audio logs)”.

1 Like

Note how you also find a little tricycle, a certain type of carpet, and a maze outside.

1 Like

Here I thought that I might get a decent answer to my question, but I might as well wait till someone else writes a guide on trueachievements on how to gain access to Room 237.

I thought shining too because of the tricycle outside the door

Room 237 was nn exploration of various interpretations of Stanley Kubrick’s horror film, The Shining (1980).

1 Like

I just did this mission, so I’ll help you out.

Spoilers ahead.

Summary

You’ll want to head to the south-eastern coastline of Himfjäll Island, look for a small peninsula with two corpses, there you’ll find the world mission that you need for Room 237.

1 Like

Thanks! I take it that there is a mission that correlates with the missing guest of the Hotel?

I’m not sure, I may not have done all missions yet :thinking:

Ok, well guess that I’ll found out once I do that particular mission. Also I’ve completed every main mission & side mission for the DLC that I could find. May I ask is there any collectible in the first town the player comes across while doing the main mission by chance?

Just thought that I should mentioned this, but It’s The Final Countdown achievement unlocked while I was doing the second to last Main Mission of the DLC and I’m not sure why.

Thanks for that, it clears up a mission for me :+1:

Just curious, how do I find out what happened to the missing guest?

Not sure. I did mention the missing guest if he/she was related to Room 237.

Spoiiler regarding missing guest

Try searching the maze.

1 Like

Does that activate any mission? Just curious. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like