Bug: Cannot talk to Pontus

My friend and I are playing together - we go back and forth in the campaign (because of the XP difference challenge). I am trying to finish some quests in my own instance and during the Home Team mission cannot complete the step “Meet Pontus Kovacs at the entrance of Vesslan”

He’s there, I’m there. There’s a speech icon, but when I get close it does not spawn a conversation and I can’t interact with him.

I have reinstalled and no difference.

Further, when I approach Pontus, and then exit the game, the game will not restart correctly and needs to be reinstalled to play again.

I would suggest only the host speaks with the NPCs

In my friends game, he did the talking. However in my instance of the game, the mission did not complete. I’ve loaded my character on my machine to finish the quests, but no love.

In fairness, I hear your suggestion but the reality is the game is broken.

1 Like

Playing the new tutorial quests in MP will break it for the client. Unfortunately, your only bet to get it working is to start fresh. If you wish to keep all weapons you have currently, throw them in your storage box then delete all characters.

1 Like

And I’m assuming that there will be no correction of this…?

If you mean a fix to the issues with the new tutorial, i wish i could answer but as im not part of the Dev team i cannot. I hope it will get fixed since it softlocks players during the tutorial if they wish to return to their world after playing with a friend, doing the tutorial there.

3 Likes

Also have this problem. Same step of reproduction.

Apparently I’ve finished that quest chain so Pontus just stands at the warboard in Vesslan rubbing his chin as set dressing.

At least he stays there… :joy:

Isso realmente funciona? Jogo pelo Xbox

If you are referring to the Tutorial itself working, i cannot answer as i no longer play the game. For the latter i mentioned, that should still work as to my knowledge, the way the Plundra (storage box) work has never been changed.

I worked for me a few days back in a new world. Got through all the begin missions without any hiccups.