BUG: Musical emote instrument stuck on char when interrupted by leaving host

Platform:
PC

Description:
I was in MP game and before host left, i started the new musical emote as a goodbye tune. Host quit in the middle of the emote playing and when i joined another MP game, the saxophone i was playing was stuck on my char.

First 7 screenshots:

• Looking up or down, sax is visible (1st and 2nd screens).
  • Changing weapon doesn’t fix it either (3rd screen).
  • Even fast-travel and using another emote (rebel) doesn’t make it go away (4th screen).
  • Thanks to helpful player, i learned that only i can see the sax on me, while it’s invisible for others (chat in 5th screen).
  • Sax is completely blocking ADS (6th screen).
  • Trying to do another emote stance and sax is still stuck on me (7th screen).

Only way to fix it was closing the game completely and launching the game again.

2nd time around, i was client in 4 player game. This time, i was using guitar emote when host quit. Joined my SP game and sure enough, guitar was stuck on me. Did some additional testing in my own SP game.

Latter 9 screenshots:

• Guitar blocks the view even more than sax did, especially in ADS view (1st and 2nd screens).
  • Different emote stances still show guitar (3rd, 4th and 5th screen).
  • Even when doing the musical emotes, guitar is present (6th, 7th and 8th screens).
  • Holding different items positions the guitar differently (9th screen).

Again, only way to get rid of the guitar was closing the game completely and launching it again. Quitting to Main Menu and Continuing the game doesn’t fix it.

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Join MP game as Client
  2. Start any of the musical emote
  3. Tell host to quit his/hers game while you’re playing your instrument
  4. Once you get booted to Main Menu, join your own SP game or join another MP game

Images / Videos:
1st time around:

2nd time around:

Host or Client:
Client

Players in your game:
2 in first instance, 4 in second instance

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)

Aesyle

1 Like

PS4
Multiplayer Session
Client
In a multiplayer session we all started using the music emotes and the host quit while we were mid emote. I was using the electric guitar emote. When i loaded into a new session a guitar was floating in front of my face. I restarted the app to fix it but i thought it was funny and should probably report it.
Guitar%20Bug%20GZ

Same issue topics merged.

Also, do search the forum before making a new bug report since chances are, someone has already posted it. And of course, use the READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report guide, like seen by the OP of this topic.

//Mod

Sorry I didn’t realise I needed to clarity it was new to me.

Title updated to avoid any further confusion.

1 Like

Same issue topics merged.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again:
Do search the forum before making a new bug report since chances are, someone has already posted it. And of course, use the:
READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report guide, like seen by the OP of this topic.

//Mod

Platform: Xbox Series X

Description: I launched the game, selected my character manually (char 3) and spawned in-game with the drum kit stuck to my character.

This remains stuck there when performing any action, seemingly fixed to my character’s left hand. (The position shifts depending on weapon used)

I had been using the drum kit on char 4 the last time I played, but as far as I can remember I exited the game to the main menu an quit as normal.

Quitting the game and continuing does NOT fix it, only a hard reset of the console fixed the issue.

1 Like

Band practice seems like a laugh.

1 Like

What do you do when you lock the keys in the van?

Break the windows to let the drummer out.

Drummers, eh?

3 Likes

Could it possibly act as a shield? The cowbell used to lol

If this does happen again, you may update the report. As silly as this bug is, let’s keep the thread clear of off-topic from now on, yeah? For now, let’s consider the issue beat

Badum-dshhhh

//Mod

3 Likes

This is 100% repeatable, at all times, by:

3 Likes

Merged with existing topic.

//Mod

I searched too as it looked familiar, alas I searched for drum / drums. Apologies.