Building Blocks Mission bug

My fear is that there is no fix for this. I’m sure the devs have looked at it…but since they hardly mentions it I guess that they have found that there is nothing they can do and are just hoping that us that have been affected by it just goes away in time.

No, I don’t think so.
The update is live now for two days.
Give them time to investigate the reasons for the issues. If they find them, they will need time to fix them and to prepare a stable hotfix for all systems.

If they would have known that these issues exist and would have known/thought that they are unsolveable, they wouldn’t have released this feature/update.

I took out the the 2 red beans on mine already, now I have only have boxes with the icon over it, nothing to shoot at

I currently have 3 worlds, all of which have been active for a very long time, longer than the February update where the home base disappeared back then, never had this error until three days ago.

1 Like

OK, so I got curious. What will happen when I start a new world? Will I get a character at level 1, how about all my gathered resources (is Daro correct in his/her post above?) and weapons, will the map be populated?

I had not started a new world before, only mule characters so I jumped into it. Turns out that level, weapons and resources is still there. The map is reset, so all your safe houses and discovered places are gone. Obviously all the missions are reset so you’ll have to do them again…however, with your 31+ level character and awesome weapons/multitude of ammo and first aid kits, not to mention your new doggo friend you’ll cut through them in a jiffy.

I also found that the Building blocks mission can be completed within an hour of play, so you can make sure that the bug is not there without investing too much. Sadly this progress does not transfer to your other world, so you need to do all missions again in the new world if you want to catch up with your other world.

I actually enjoyed starting over. The last months have been pretty boring just killing machines so having missions to do again is refreshing even if I have already done them once.

So if you are like I was, bitter over being stuck with this bug…start a new world, keep a sharp look after the Building blocks mission and finish it fast to make sure it works.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking about starting over with my current character too. Maybe I will…

1 Like

Started a new char in a new world as i was bored, mission is bugged.

Had a update on Xbox shortly after the companion major update, nothing changed.

That’s painful to read. Thanks anyway.

Helped a poor soul get through building blocks today and it eventually let him claim it but the fnix stuff stayed traps, turrets, and all. Poor guy built stuff and the turrets just shot it to hell :poop::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Then they killed him 4 times too. Made me wonder if he could see them on his end since he didn’t run or evade. Guy just kept trying to build.

1 Like

It seems this condition was fixed in the latest update. I’d hesitate to say that the mission was fixed, because for me the mission was automatically completed, without me doing anything.

So what I suspect here is that the devs have identified the condition that would trigger that the FNIX base never spawned, but instead of making the mission completable by you, it just completes by itself.

Probably not my preferred solution, but nonetheless this unlocks base building if you were in a condition where the mission could not be completed. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@ameinild Thanks for checking. I have my GPU AIO cooler on RMA right now, so I will check this in a few days.

I checked mine, world 2, world 3, world 4 :slightly_smiling_face: all showed the mission, it fixed mine, and showing now, :+1: I’m on PS4

2 Likes

OK, so I checked mine, and the mission is completed and I can do defense/assault missions and craft experimental ammo. Thanks, devs! I believe this issue has been resolved.

What does the experimental ammo have to do with the building blocks mission?

More than likely the fact that without Building Blocks complete, newer players cant get Base Assaults or Defences to spawn which in turn means no EXP Schematic points leading to no EXP ammo/equipment.

On a different note, this bug was indeed fixed for players with older safe files with the old ‘Good News’ mission completed. Really sucks it auto completed rather than let us see what the mission properly offered.

2 Likes

Here from 2024, seems the devs have reverted the change for returning players because it is not that wau for me (idk if it its for new worlds or not) but mine still seems to be bugged, i have tried many times to see if it was the world or not but it is not working for me, I have tried all my worlds (and deleted my world 4 and back) but it still didn’t work I dont know what’s happened. For the devs, I may be no game dev but a potential workaround could be that, once the mission is unlocked on vesslan, reproduce the slogmiten control point to FNIX, and then check again at the barn to double check and if it is neutral then reproduce again (it might cause some lag or crash) but a temporary workaround is to have the mission be auto completed at the start until it is fixed.
Console: Xbox One S

They should change the mission completly.

It’s too early to fight and destroy bases in my eyes.
You just fought your first tank and harvester and then become a super soldier that destroys whole bases?
It doesn’t really fit there.

Yes, we could get there to see that there was a huge battle. More wrecked machines, more swedish tanks and more dead soldiers. There could also be some static destroyed FNIX structures.

But doing base assaults should be introduced later, after you reached a certain region score for example.

1 Like

You mean, reverted back to how it was before? When the Base Assault/Control Point tutorial mission was late game content, in the Forest Region, at Tyloveden?

Yeah. It was better off, before. “Broken Blocks” was a serious mistake that was a bad idea in the first place. A change that never should have happened.

It was broken for me, too, for the longest time—then, as others said, rather than the mission getting fixed, it just auto-completed. AND it caused additional problems for players who already had bases at Tyloveden and Sjoglimten, and has continued to cause problems for many players at both locations still.

Specifically, my primary character had already done “Good News”—the old Base Assault/Control Point tutorial/introduction mission in the Forest at Tyloveden, so “Broken Blocks” just robbed that character of the base he had at Tyloveden and part of the one at Sjoglimten. Tyloveden was completely erased, returned to neutral, all structures and inventories LOST, while Sjoglimten was just shifted a few tiles, some structures deleted, maybe an MG bunker with some ammo lost.

Since the first character had done “Good News”, “Building Blocks” did not even come up, so the mission wasn’t broken exactly for him. Second character, second world, hadn’t progressed so far, “Broken Blocks” was, you guessed it, broken. Third character, third world, again not so far along in the story, again “Broken Blocks.” Then whichever update came and, hey, presto, auto-completed. Gee, thanks, but the game should work as intended, not auto-complete.

I think I get what the devs were going for, or trying to go for, with the introduction of “Building Blocks”…seemed like they wanted to cater to new players, new characters, make unlocking Base Assault/Control Points/Base Defense/Experimental Ammo more accessible…but I’m really not convinced it was the right idea. New players, at least, aren’t ready for that stuff. Late game content is late game content…or should be.

1 Like