1st i heard about Bunker 666 was in the latest dev stream where it was asked about and usual to the devs, they laughed it off. Then came this topic along and from tene’s vid, i found it’s loc. So, went there myself.
I also have a theory about it but i haven’t finalized it. Here’s what i got so far:
- In the beginning, the bunker designation was 66. The 3rd 6 is painted on at later date by someone, most likely after d-day.
- What goes on in there - that is unknown.
- At some point, most likely during or shortly after d-day, the Iron Church members found the Bunker 66. Supported by the dumbbell hilt sword and other dumbbells on the scene.
- Whatever they found, it was really bad. Blood splatters and bloody handprint on the scene, indicating towards some form of engagement took place in there. I think the Iron Church members put up the crosses, “STICK” lettering and painted another 6 to the end of designation to warn anyone who comes across that place to steer clear away.
Though, the sounds coming from it is the oddball and it’s hard to tie it with my theory. It’s either:
- pre-recorded sound to draw in any survivors (would explain how Iron Church members came about to this place)
- or there are really people inside who are cheering to what sounds like a machine movement.
For the latter of the two, i think that those people in there are machine worshipers because there are 4x factions in the game:
- FNIX and it’s machines
- Anita and The Resistance (more like lucky survivors)
- Holberg and Iron Church (the true power of resistance)
- Machine worshipers (e.g The Secluded side mission + several machine worship shrines across Himfjäll)
Iron Church members finding machine worshipers with machines in there would result in a battle and when Iron Church members lost the fight, they erected the warnings for others who might come about to that cursed place.
And that’s my theory about Bunker 66 / 666.