Campaign DLC idea: Nato support

It would be nice if the Resistance actually frickin helped us tho
They just sit back and let an 18 y/o (presumably) get shot to death, poke themselves with adrenaline sticks and keep getting shot while using medkits

4 Likes

And call in the Armed forces so they can help us instead of a teenager doing it all.

Yeah Poland wasnt in NATO at the time and if the message was for us then it should be in Swedish

2 Likes

Could easily swap the terms to the Swedish military with some nato allies and weapons. Just to keep things fresh.

Because I am an idiot and typed that instead of Swedish… fixed that in the main post

But i doesnt make much sense, Swedish equipment whould be better

I don’t think we should have allies helping us in fights. The game is already full of lag and adding allies equals more stuff moving and in the end more lag.

1 Like

I agree in parts.
“Another faction”, even if it’s ours, on the battlefields would be too much.

But there should indeed be some more living signs of resistance. At the beginning we just see some destroyed robots, dead soldiers and burning military equipment.
Later, when we know that there is a resistance (and speaking for the dlc: even see some NPC of the resistance), there should be more info or signs of their activities. (not just some letters…)

There could be assignments (as small missions) where we are called to help some NPC to defend a wave of incoming machines or to recover materials, weapons or intel.
They (the NPC) just appear if we start the assignment and get close to the mission location.

I can’t be that there is a resistance which does nothing and that we are the only people who fight the machines, build a base or defend them. Why would they call themselves resistance if they don’t do anything for that… Except Kalle.

Still it would be nice if the resistance actually helped us instead of watching us get blown up and yeeted in the most comical ways

2 Likes

Yes, that’s another good point.
I once suggested a change for how the dlc weapons could be integrated.

Maybe you want to take a look:

Feature request (optimizing the weapon packs)

This could also be used to show the activities of the resistance.

Yes npc combatants to help fight robots would be so useful

That is a very bad idea, the game already has performance issues in all platforms.
With A.I npc buddies it will be worst.
Besides we dont really need any help, the games keeps getting easier, more ammo and new weapons and even new traps and turrets.

2 Likes

I agree.

We need no help. We are the help. We and our up to three companions. Play it as a team and YOU (well, not you @Mr_A1992, I mean the ones who asked for it) will be the army you are asking for.

1 Like

Not all people can play multiplayer.

Me too.
Just sometimes with one or two friends.
But the game is easy enough as it is.
Keep moving, keep progressing and you’ll become a one man army.

There is nothing you can’t handle with.
At least use some distraction.

This is a good idea with much promise. But really the NPC aspect is good. As far as NPC presence is concerned this could tie into the base defense and control points. Do some sort of points aspects with soldiers and high enough they can auto repel take over attempts. And NPCs alone can take out level 1 control points. You direct them from a monitor at the command center of any bunker.

The manufacturing aspect would require materials so they would have to add a random supply landing or supply drop wher eyou have to get supplies before fnix does.

This would also expand to more control points and landing locations as NATO re-asserts control. So we could see a total island points and a region points scenario.

Now such a busy scenario you would uber amounts of loot. So that would be countered with more loot boxes to store for manufacturing.

1 Like

idk man I just want a Zastava-M76 or maybe something more like… idk… a (list some 1980’s NATO Bullpup rifle here)

An M76 would probably end up being the same as the Kotenok, but if they gave it its 8mm Mauser caliber they could maybe make it interesting.

The L85 (:face_vomiting:), FAMAS, and AUG come to mind, though the AUG was only used by Luxembourg… Not really a major NATO power lol.

A FAMAS would be fun
Just run in spraying all my ammo at the tank and then dying
:+1:

2 Likes

A FAMAS would be fun to use

1 Like